OXM Fable review!

Good score if that's true. I'm going to wait for a couple more reviews untill I get it/ preorder it at GameRush.

[quote name='KingDox']what game has gotten the highest score in OXM ? I would also like to know how it stacks up against other RPGs.[/quote]

OXM's highest ranked games..

Ninja Gaiden - 9.6/10
Halo - 9.6/10

B&W also got really high scores and sucked.

I would be careful before throwing 50 on someting that may end up being overhyped garbage.

I don't want to sound too negative, but lately a lot of game sites has kissed Peter Molyneux (sp) ass when he brings a new game out (Black and White) and later tear the game to pieces.

While I am looking forward to this game, I may wait for a few more casual gamer reviews before buying.

EDIT - Me and Casey thought the same thing.

Actually, they gave Halo a 9.5.

The highest rated OXM games are Splinter Cell (9.6) and Ninja Gaiden, not Halo and Ninja Gaiden.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']B&W also got really high scores and sucked.

I would be careful before throwing 50 on someting that may end up being overhyped garbage.[/quote]

I liked Black and White somewhat, although I didn't really hear any hype before I played it. I have faith that Fable will be good, but I doubt MS will price it in my price range anytime soon.

I preordered this at Gamerush just a couple of days ago. I still have one preordered at EB, but I'm going to switch it to either Kingdom Under Fire: TC or buy 4 games and do the Gamerush preorder deal twice. I love Gamerush, best deals and it's a heck of alot closer than EB. :D

[quote name='-BigC-'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='xspeedracerx']A guy on gamefaqs.com just got the new oxm and well.....They gave it a
9.7/10
Not bad!
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=2000100&topic=15807373&page=1[/quote]

I'll believe it when I have the issue in my hands. Anything posted from GameFAQs is suspect.[/quote]

Couldnt agree more[/quote]

yeah, but some people who have subscriptions get OXM way freaking early, it's nuts. So I say it's possible

[quote name='KingDox'][quote name='-BigC-'][quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='xspeedracerx']A guy on gamefaqs.com just got the new oxm and well.....They gave it a
9.7/10
Not bad!
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=2000100&topic=15807373&page=1[/quote]

I'll believe it when I have the issue in my hands. Anything posted from GameFAQs is suspect.[/quote]

Couldnt agree more[/quote]

yeah, but some people who have subscriptions get OXM way freaking early, it's nuts. So I say it's possible[/quote]

Possible, but unlikely. I have a subscription. I'll know soon enough.

[quote name='wookieballz']Actually, they gave Halo a 9.5.

The highest rated OXM games are Splinter Cell (9.6) and Ninja Gaiden, not Halo and Ninja Gaiden.[/quote]

actually i'm pretty sure that OXM gave Halo more than a 9.5.........i've heard multiple times from different people that the score was a mistake in the original review and that in later issues of the magazine OXM put in a correction for the score........i think they really gave it a 9.6

Note: someone correct me if i'm wrong

They put a list of every game they've ever reviewed in every issue. I don't have mine on me right now, or I'd look it up. Not much difference betwen 9.5 and 9.6 though.

According to game rankings they gave it a 9.5, but I guess if the retraction thing is true GR could very well be out of date.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='ksuwild25']I think in a later oxm mag, they said after playing Halo more, they said they would have gave it a 9.99999... score.[/quote]

Yeah. They did say that.[/quote]

And they would be propagandist fools. Were Halo and Perfect Dark to get together and have a kid consisting of Halo's precise control and newer technology, and Perfect Dark's EVERYTHING ELSE, then the game would be a 9.999999.

I wonder how good this game will be, though. It could still get a very high score from OXM. We'll see.

I've been buying soooo many $5 or $10 games lately . . . I think I'll wait on Fable . . . until next year when I can get it for $15 or less. :rofl:

Especially, considering the pile of unplayed games that I have and with GTA SA and Halo 2 coming soon . . .

[quote name='Kaijufan']Its fake.
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?p=4054685#post4054685[/quote]

repost.gif

Who cares what OXM says? This is the mag that published and delivered their E3 coverage before E3 even took place,

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='ksuwild25']I think in a later oxm mag, they said after playing Halo more, they said they would have gave it a 9.99999... score.[/quote]

Yeah. They did say that.[/quote]

And they would be propagandist fools. Were Halo and Perfect Dark to get together and have a kid consisting of Halo's precise control and newer technology, and Perfect Dark's EVERYTHING ELSE, then the game would be a 9.999999.[/quote]

Perfect Dark is overrated.

Aw man it says the Holiday issue is for news-stands only? I have a subsciption.....I don't want to buy it!!! darn OXM...always finding new ways to get my money

[quote name='KEICHI']Aw man it says the Holiday issue is for news-stands only? I have a subsciption.....I don't want to buy it!!! darn OXM...always finding new ways to get my money[/quote]
I hear that the holiday issue is nothing special, and it does not even have a demo disk. You should read through it before you decide to buy it.

In other news, GMR HAS rated it, and it received a..

Well, first off, the new GMR has two covers. One's the dude from Fable, the other is from a DOA chick. DOA online received 9/10.

Viewtiful Joe received a 9/10.

Burnout 3 received a 9/10 (I think)

Fable received an 8/10 :(

More importantly... Does the issue have the Conker demos on it like semi-promised? O_O

Also... How can Fable be the top rated game? o_O I might actually have to disregard all the failed promises and get the game then. ^_^

Holy crap, those text smileys are more annoying than you could ever imagine. My ex did those all the time. I hate them and they're just stupid.

GMR doesn't come with demos.

It's not the top rated game.

If you're referring to the intial posts, you know, you should read the replies, since that was deemed fake news.

I just got October 04 issue of OXM this weekend and it doesn't even have a review of Fable in it. Looks like it will be at least another month till they review it (if it makes it then). The new issue has Halo 2 on the cover and comes with a demo of Def Jam Fight For New York. It may not be the best game mag but for Xbox you can't get demos anywhere else...

Oh and the Holiday issue is not worth buying, its just like the holiday guides that EGM did (does, I'm not sure if they still do). It just rehashes info on the hyped games, nothing worth buying, IMO.

hmm looks awsome but I'm not going to fork the 50 for this one, as I have too many games from the TRU sale that are still sealed.

bread's done
Back