OXM is it in?

chess380

CAGiversary!
This really hasnothing to do with the Halo 2 demo rumor but I was wondering if anbody has recieved the new OXM. If you have not thanks for the info; if you did i have to call customer support again. :(

Some of the playable demos are Silent Hil 4, The 2nd Def Jam Fighter, Blinx 2, Second Sight, and Galleon. I think I may have left off 1.

The videos that I remembered were Halo 2 and Doom 3, but there are more that I can't remember. Also I saw that there were some Rainbow Six 3 downloads.

I haven't had any time to play any of the demos yet, but I think should have some time later tonight.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Some of the playable demos are Silent Hil 4, The 2nd Def Jam Fighter, Blinx 2, Second Sight, and Galleon. I think I may have left off 1.

The videos that I remembered were Halo 2 and Doom 3, but there are more that I can't remember. Also I saw that there were some Rainbow Six 3 downloads.

I haven't had any time to play any of the demos yet, but I think should have some time later tonight.[/quote]

Whoa! :shock: That's a good demo disk. I'm looking forward to Blinx and I want to play Galleon and Sh4

[quote name='Kaijufan']Whats the Downloadable Content in this issue?[/quote]

Rainbow Six 3 Map: Scharins

Rainbow Six 3 Map: Close Quarter

Chronicles Of Riddick (complete save from the developer)

I just played most of the demos and here's my lil impressions

Def Jam Fight for NY: D+, This game felt clunky to me, and I just didn't like the moves or really anything. The 1st fight in story mode lasted like 20 or 30 seconds, but that didn't affect the grade.

Second Sight: C, This game also felt kind of clunky to me, I only played it for a couple of minutes and I liked Psi-Ops alot better. I thought the TK in this game sucked, but I did like the Psi-blast attack. Some cool effects, but I also didn't like the shooting.

Blinx 2: D, Didn't play this game much, because I was messing around with the custom cat creator thing. The actual tutorial gameplay was pretty boring so I quit out of it.

Galleon: F, This game sucked. I stopped playing this after a couple of minutes of running around, and walking around boards. The character models were atrocious. Voice acting seemed good though.

I didn't play the Colin Mcrae demo, since I don't like car games too much.
I also didn't bother with the Silent Hill 4 demo, since I have that game preordered.

[quote name='ksuwild25']I just played most of the demos and here's my lil impressions

Def Jam Fight for NY: D+, This game felt clunky to me, and I just didn't like the moves or really anything. The 1st fight in story mode lasted like 20 or 30 seconds, but that didn't affect the grade.

Second Sight: C, This game also felt kind of clunky to me, I only played it for a couple of minutes and I liked Psi-Ops alot better. I thought the TK in this game sucked, but I did like the Psi-blast attack. Some cool effects, but I also didn't like the shooting.

Blinx 2: D, Didn't play this game much, because I was messing around with the custom cat creator thing. The actual tutorial gameplay was pretty boring so I quit out of it.

Galleon: F, This game sucked. I stopped playing this after a couple of minutes of running around, and walking around boards. The character models were atrocious. Voice acting seemed good though.

I also didn't bother with the Silent Hill 4 demo, since I have that game preordered.[/quote]

Wow, all informative reviews based on less than 10 minutes of playing. Thanks!

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='ksuwild25']I just played most of the demos and here's my lil impressions

I also didn't bother with the Silent Hill 4 demo, since I have that game preordered.[/quote]

Wow, all informative reviews based on less than 10 minutes of playing. Thanks![/quote]

They are demos. What do you expect? Three hours with each. There are probably only 20 minutes of each game anyway. And in a demo they should be bringing their A game. It's like a movie trailer. You don't show the crappy, boring parts of the movie; rather, you give them something to tease them and get them interested. I do think his reviews might be a touch harsh, but other than that I think they are fine.

I've been saying the bad character models thing about galleon for years now. It still looks like a game that should have come out 2 years ago.

Sorry about the harshness, I guess I did just lean toward negatives in most of them. And I agree with Tromack on that demos should bring their "A" game, because I know people might judge that respective game if they are going to buy it, or even bother to rent it by playing that demo. I know alot of demos have influenced me to buy and rent games that I typically would've stayed away from, and the opposite has happend to where I played a demo and I just lost interest in it afterwards.

Def Jam Fight for NY did have good graphics and gorgeous character models, but like I said I didn't really like the gameplay and I don't see that changing too much.

I will probably give Second Sight another chance because it was one of the first ones I played, and I was anxious to give the other demos a chance. So I did rush the game. Maybe the game just felt kind of clunky to me, since I was so use to Psi-Ops. The game looked like it might be a bit more stealth oriented also, since I saw I could hide in lockers.

Blinx 2 did have good character models and pretty graphics. Now that I think about it, not too many tutorials are fun and they seem boring cause that's where you learn the moves of the game. I just prefer to be dropped in the middle of all of the action in a demo, and not read text and getting about 3 or 4 seconds of action, then back to text again and rinse and repeat.

I was looking forward to Galleon and it did have some pretty environments, but like I stated above I would have preferred being dropped into the middle of some action, instead of running around parts of the island.

i got mine today.... pretty good issue.... im very confident that my 20 dollar pre order for def jam fight for new york was a good move :)

Maybe you people should play the SH4 demo if you have it preordered..... you may change your mind. Though the true atrocities of the game don't show up until midway through.....

I would play the SH 4 demo, but I'm going to get it either way. It's mainly for my brother who loves the survival horror games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill, so it was a gift I was going to give him. I told him about the criticism on the new SH 4 game, but he said he wanted to play it either way.

Just gave a few of the demos a whirl. My thoughts:

Def Jam Fight for New York: Demo is waaay too short to really get a feel for this game. Plus they really don't give you any info as to how to do moves, etc. so I just did basic punches and kicks to win. Really couldn't get any sor of feel on what the fighting will really be like. The story looks like it could be pretty good.

Blinx 2: Not a bad game. The demo is nice and long. (Probably took me over 30 minutes to get through everything.) Biggest complaint is that you feel like you are kind of floating on the ground and semi-sliding on ice. Would probably make precision moves (like platform jumping) very difficult. Hopefully that will be tweaked, but I kind of doubt it. I liked the mechanics of sucking up items to then be shot back out at enemies. Pretty cool. I was not impressed with the graphics.

Galleon: I think this game definitely has promise. (I realize it hasn't gotten the greatest reviews) Based on the demo it looks like it might have some interesting puzzle elements, though the fighting might be pretty basic (hopefully it gets more in depth in the real game.) The graphics are god awful. I liked the voice acting. Also a nice long demo. I'd probably check this one out for $10 or less :evil:

Didn't play the other games yet.

[quote name='"WhipSmartBanky"'][quote name='Kaijufan']Whats the Downloadable Content in this issue?[/quote]

Rainbow Six 3 Map: Scharins

Rainbow Six 3 Map: Close Quarter

Is this for BLACK ARROW on XBOX or R63 orig????

bread's done
Back