P-Body portal replica gun back on neca

They put up 240 extras two nights ago and I don't think they ever completely sold out... there are rumors they might have made more then the 5,000 for this but who knows. Unfortunately because they aren't numbered we have no way of telling. I think they made more then 5,000 of the original as well because they miraculously had extras to do exchanges on those damaged in transit...

only thing I have learned is NECA is an odd ass company

Nobody wants this now. It could also be the snowball effect of cancellations they're getting also. I cancelled mine at Amazon awhile ago. That's what happens when you make something limited and then basically un-limit it.

There now pushing the fact that they're only producing 5,000 for sale. That's a good sign at least for those that would want this to stay limited in some fashion. I to think if it had sold out as quick as the first batch, we would have seen more.

[quote name='style_unseen']It was confirmed on NECA's facebook that the official run is still 5000, not 5240 if you're on the fence on pre-ordering.[/QUOTE]

And how did they confirm this?

You are basically taking their word. I would not buy this on the premise it is truly limited or going to be more valuable.

[quote name='GBAstar']And how did they confirm this?

You are basically taking their word. I would not buy this on the premise it is truly limited or going to be more valuable.[/QUOTE]
Basically, but would they really make a odd (even) number of additional units (240)?

Who knows. Sometimes I am very impressed with NECA and their products and other times not so much. I like supporting them as a small company because they do make some awesome things but they also make some bonehead decisions (like mailing the Portal guns in factory packaging) or pushing a product back by several months and not giving customs an update on when (or if) it'll be released like their gremlins line.

I have a Chell gun and a Duke Nukem figure by NECA. Small sample size but I like what I've got from them. I preordered a P-Body gun from Amazon and I won't be canceling. I'm sure these would be sold out if they were more Chell guns. The P-Body guns appeal to a weird demographic: people who got the Chell gun and want the set, and people who are willing to settle for a consolation prize. Everybody had been begging for a Chell gun to be produced for years, not this P-Body gun.

[quote name='scarhawk']Man I feel bad for NECA. Their targeted consumer base is filled with a bunch of self entitled pricks.[/QUOTE]

Those are the brakes when you sell collectibles. Like I mentioned earlier NECA can stop trying to be in the collectible market and sell full fledged toys if they want to be like Hasbro...

At that point they won't have to worry about production numbers or people bitching about items arriving damaged because they'll be selling cheap crap and people will expect cheap crap.

why are u always posting in these threads bitching about neca turning into hasbro whatever dat means. I'm sure youre just bitch hurt dat you can't sell these 4 profit now lmao.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']why are u always posting in these threads bitching about neca turning into hasbro whatever dat means. I'm sure youre just bitch hurt dat you can't sell these 4 profit now lmao.[/QUOTE]

The only way I see these selling for profit is selling overseas to countries that aren't getting it.

I picked one up though. Didn't know they would charge me right away though. Said on their site they charge when it ships. Kind of mad about that.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']why are u always posting in these threads bitching about neca turning into hasbro whatever dat means. I'm sure youre just bitch hurt dat you can't sell these 4 profit now lmao.[/QUOTE]

What the fuCk's YOUR problem? Just asking...

[quote name='scarhawk']Man I feel bad for NECA. Their targeted consumer base is filled with a bunch of self entitled pricks.[/QUOTE]

I think the re-sellers are having a bigger impact here.

I got a notification from UPS that I was going to be receiving a 9lb package from NECA on Monday; as I haven't ordered anything from them other then this and the earlier model of the portal gun I thought I'd let you guys know they were starting to ship these

These are still in stock at two websites:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC45066&source=pjn&subid=85585#.T-9IC7VrPTg

http://www.cornerstorecomics.com/index.cfm?page=shopping/shop&Product_ID=6156

They're both on the list of websites which were said to receive them. Although, do not buy these to resell. I was thinking about it, so I hopped on eBay, and coincidentally enough, there was an auction style listing ending, so I watched it. It had what appeared to be a fake bid, to garner attention, and one bid that looked like it could be legit. It's impossible to tell, really. Anyway, it ended on $170. Two bids, and one user with zero feedback. These don't seem to be very desirable.

Again, don't buy to resell. but if you wanted one to collect, here's your chance!

[quote name='PetersHere']These are still in stock at two websites:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC45066&source=pjn&subid=85585#.T-9IC7VrPTg

They're both on the list of websites which were said to receive them. Although, do not buy these to resell. I was thinking about it, so I hopped on eBay, and coincidentally enough, there was an auction style listing ending, so I watched it. It had what appeared to be a fake bid, to garner attention, and one bid that looked like it could be legit. It's impossible to tell, really. Anyway, it ended on $170. Two bids, and one user with zero feedback. These don't seem to be very desirable.

Again, don't buy to resell. but if you wanted one to collect, here's your chance![/QUOTE]

out of curiosity, how can you say there was a fake bid then a sentence or two later you say it's impossible to tell??

[quote name='havuk']out of curiosity, how can you say there was a fake bid then a sentence or two later you say it's impossible to tell??[/QUOTE]

"appeared to" were words he chose to use. Meaning, to him, it looked like a fake bid, which I would come to the same conclusion if something that wasn't getting bid suddenly had a high bid from a 0 feedback person. But you can't tell for sure unless it's the person who put it up, or the person who bid.

[quote name='PetersHere']These are still in stock at two websites:

Again, don't buy to resell. but if you wanted one to collect, here's your chance![/QUOTE]

You have to be willing to sell these things internationally if you want to make money.

[quote name='SPVietBoy']"appeared to" were words he chose to use. Meaning, to him, it looked like a fake bid, which I would come to the same conclusion if something that wasn't getting bid suddenly had a high bid from a 0 feedback person. But you can't tell for sure unless it's the person who put it up, or the person who bid.[/QUOTE]

You can click on the anonymous bidder and it'll show you their % of bids on the same seller. When you see 7 bids for 100% of sellers other items its very likely its a fake bid.

[quote name='GBAstar']You have to be willing to sell these things internationally if you want to make money.[/QUOTE]

man that sounds risky how much is it to ship internationally? Must be alot

[quote name='bringerofdeath']man that sounds risky how much is it to ship internationally? Must be alot[/QUOTE]

My friend drove to Texas to get one to resell (original blue light version), told me it cost him $64 to ship via UPS to another state. That includes them packing it, the price of the box, and UPS Ground with signature confirmation (and insurance). I don't want to think how much it would have cost him to ship internationally.

[quote name='HydroX']My friend drove to Texas to get one to resell (original blue light version), told me it cost him $64 to ship via UPS to another state. That includes them packing it, the price of the box, and UPS Ground with signature confirmation (and insurance). I don't want to think how much it would have cost him to ship internationally.[/QUOTE]
It would probably be somewhere around $100.
The box is HUGE.

[quote name='HydroX']My friend drove to Texas to get one to resell (original blue light version), told me it cost him $64 to ship via UPS to another state. That includes them packing it, the price of the box, and UPS Ground with signature confirmation (and insurance). I don't want to think how much it would have cost him to ship internationally.[/QUOTE]

holy crap i hope he made some money on top of that.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']holy crap i hope he made some money on top of that.[/QUOTE]

He did but I wouldn't drive out of state just to resell it.

bread's done
Back