Pac-Pix: Forget the "blah" reviews, this game is fantastic.

Downhome

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I picked this game up today, and I've played it to the point that I'm at chapter five out of twelve. That sounds like I've went through it very fast, but I consider the first four chapters just practice. At chapter five you get the arrows, and that's when the game gets even more interesting, and the difficulty really ramps up. I've also read in other reviews that it gets harder and harder. So while it seems like an insanely short game when you first start to play it, you get to a point where it starts to stretch out because it gets harder.

Just like the classics.

Also like many of the classics, especially the classic Pac-Man games, this one is built on the theory of "beat the high score". That's why you'll be coming back to this one over and over again, even after you beat all of the chapters.

So far I'd give this game a total of 8.5/10, and I'm not even that much into it yet, so that score will more than likely grow a bit, not go down.

I bought a DS for games like this, games that are weird and new. That said, in my opinion this is a must own game for the DS for sure.

I honestly hope it is good, but there is no way in hell I am paying $30 for a game I can beat in an hour. I know you are supposed to go back and beat your high score, but it seems like each level is really beat in a specific way so how much different will each playthrough be?

I want to pick this up bad, but have my doubts. I almost picked up Zoo Keeper for $40 new, then waited and bought it for $20. If I would of bought it for $40 I would of been pissed and I don't want that to happen to with this game. I just may pick it up though, it's either between this, polarium, or SW:EP III (hopefully this is somewhat decent).

The videos I've seen of this look cool, but the fact that it's a "beat the high score" style of game makes me unsure of whether I want this or not. I thought Yoshi's Touch & Go looked cool too, but I got bored of it really quickly because I didn't have the desire to play essentially the same two levels over and over just to get a better score. Is there more variety in the gameplay than in Yoshi, or should I pass?

[quote name='gambitmachete']The videos I've seen of this look cool, but the fact that it's a "beat the high score" style of game makes me unsure of whether I want this or not. I thought Yoshi's Touch & Go looked cool too, but I got bored of it really quickly because I didn't have the desire to play essentially the same two levels over and over just to get a better score. Is there more variety in the gameplay than in Yoshi, or should I pass?[/QUOTE]

The problem with Yoshi is the Marathon mode took to long to get back to the spot you had previously died at.

If they had put some sort of checksystem in it would have been better.

Yoshi was fun but bored me quickly.

[quote name='Snake2715']The problem with Yoshi is the Marathon mode took to long to get back to the spot you had previously died at.

If they had put some sort of checksystem in it would have been better.

Yoshi was fun but bored me quickly.[/QUOTE]

yeah with games like yoshi you definitely need someone else to compete against.

I picked up Yoshi and Zoo Keeper today for $40 for both (PO after Edge discount) but I will get $10 back in a voucher ($25 back on $100). So my net will be $30 in store credit.

I'll definitely get Pac Pix when I can get it for $20.

[quote name='maxflight']yeah with games like yoshi you definitely need someone else to compete against.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think that is one of the main reasons why Zookeeper was so fun. My wife got hooked adn we kept outdoing each other.

She didnt like Yoshi... Although she didnt give it a fair try.

[quote name='Snake2715']Yeah I think that is one of the main reasons why Zookeeper was so fun. My wife got hooked adn we kept outdoing each other.

She didnt like Yoshi... Although she didnt give it a fair try.[/QUOTE]
yoshi definitely required more skill than zookeeper. I was surprised myself that my gf loved yoshi more than zookeeper. but then again she did play super mario world to death.

I think your wife would probably like meteos. I can't wait, june 27th seems so far away.

bread's done
Back