Pacman Arcade Cabinet Only $1999.99 @ TJ Maxx YMMV

This is just a junk modern reproduction multicade. Essentially an emulator cased inside an arcade machine. You can get an actual Pac Man arcade cabinet for substantially less than 2 grand, typically less than 1 grand even.

I'd rather spend the cash on a neo-geo cabinet. At least then you can get some SamSho and Metal Slug on.
Magical Drop, Sonic Wings and King of the Monsters > all else.

2357513-sw3whity2.png

Back in the day people would take turns. So Player One would play till they lost one life, then it would be Player Two's turn. Next week I'll tell you about putting your quarter on the bottom of the screen to show that you're next.
And it falls through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the CPS2 and MVS, several years ago, someone was making something like this in both those flavors as well as a Taito version. They were shit. For $2k, you could get the real deal and have cash left over.

I have a friend who has a pinball machine and three arcade machines in his house. It would be cool to have something like this but not sure how much I would actually use them.

Probably said earlier in the thread

Wow, what a rip off! For 2k you can get a few of the the actual games. For around 1K on craigslist, you can get 60in1 machines made locally.

Oh well, sucker born every minute.

Our bar/arcade has this. Pretty sure it's the same one from the Showbiz Pizza/Chuck E Cheese.

Ahh, Showbiz Pizza. I think the one in my town shut down in like 1984. I remember having 1 birthday there, don't remember much else. It was conveniently located right next to a Gemco, where my Mom used to always buy me He-man figures. That's a Target now.

I mean since this IS cheapassgamer, just sayin' with a raspberry pi and a little can-do attitude you can build a MAME cabinet for like $200 and have every single game you've ever wanted in it. 

And have 2 joysticks...

I mean since this IS cheapassgamer, just sayin' with a raspberry pi and a little can-do attitude you can build a MAME cabinet for like $200 and have every single game you've ever wanted in it.

And have 2 joysticks...
Well, obviously the purpose of these things is not to play 30 year old games, it's to have a show piece for a game room, man cave, basement, etc.

Older ones are nice, but there's always the issue of finding one in good condition and you can't tell me 30 year old technology will look better than even the cheapest modern screen.

The art on this one is really nice too.

Not saying I would ever buy one, but it has it's purpose for some.

Well, obviously the purpose of these things is not to play 30 year old games, it's to have a show piece for a game room, man cave, basement, etc.

Older ones are nice, but there's always the issue of finding one in good condition and you can't tell me 30 year old technology will look better than even the cheapest modern screen.

The art on this one is really nice too.

Not saying I would ever buy one, but it has it's purpose for some.
I honestly always look for the bad condition ones and then fix it up cause you get way better deals that way. It like a classic car are you going to spend a fortune buying a classic car in mint condition or spend a small amount on a junker and restore it to it former glory for a significant fraction of the price

I honestly always look for the bad condition ones and then fix it up cause you get way better deals that way. It like a classic car are you going to spend a fortune buying a classic car in mint condition or spend a small amount on a junker and restore it to it former glory for a significant fraction of the price
Speaking as another person who bought an arcade machine and fixed it up, it's a LOT of work. Hunting down the specific machine you want is hard enough (unless you're willing to settle for anything, because you're going to gut it and redo the artwork). Your new machine could be hours away, the seller might not be exactly honest about the condition, you've got to figure out how you're getting it home, and the maintenance, oh boy. God help you if you need new proprietary parts, or have to fix something so obscure that not even Google knows.

It's really a labor of love, so I can see why there'd be a market for people who just want to plunk down a few grand and have a clean looking machine, ready to go. Your car analogy is spot on. There's something really satisfying about restoring a junker cabinet and playing your games on something you repaired. Makes you feel like a man.

Ahh, Showbiz Pizza. I think the one in my town shut down in like 1984. I remember having 1 birthday there, don't remember much else. It was conveniently located right next to a Gemco, where my Mom used to always buy me He-man figures. That's a Target now.
Your daily nostalgia fix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB0-i6cdpcg

Don't get me wrong, I played Time Crisis 2 more than any of the other ones. But Revolution X has much more of a wow factor, if you were to choose one. Time Crisis 2 is too easy to beat on one credit.

Don't get me wrong, I played Time Crisis 2 more than any of the other ones. But Revolution X has much more of a wow factor, if you were to choose one. Time Crisis 2 is too easy to beat on one credit.
I played the heck out of Revolution X the Genesis and on the PS1, which of course weren't as great as the arcade machine.

Point Blank games were also fun, spent many hours on both arcade and PS1. Speaking of which, looks like there is a free-to-play iOS "Point Blank Adventures" game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your daily nostalgia fix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB0-i6cdpcg
If you look on youtube, the creator/engineer of the Showbiz animatronic band (named The Rock-afire Explosion) has actually been choreographing/filming various music videos with them. Seriously...search for the band name on youtube, and you'll find them "performing" everything from NIN to Shakira.

If you look on youtube, the creator/engineer of the Showbiz animatronic band (named The Rock-afire Explosion) has actually been choreographing/filming various music videos with them. Seriously...search for the band name on youtube, and you'll find them "performing" everything from NIN to Shakira.
The guy you're referencing is Aaron Fechter. He's a pretty interesting guy--I highly recommend anyone visiting Orlando, FL to look into taking a tour of Creative Engineering. He has tons of great stories and animatronics to share. Also, he invented Whac-a-Mole.

Am I the only one who knows that in these games you took turns... so when player 1 dies, you move over, and player 2 plays, then when they die, player 1 goes again. It's like passing the controller in some old NES games... oh... you youngins don't remember passing the controller either... damn. Now I am sad. :whistle2:(
Back in the day people would take turns. So Player One would play till they lost one life, then it would be Player Two's turn. Next week I'll tell you about putting your quarter on the bottom of the screen to show that you're next.
I was going to answer this, but I saw others did it for me. WOW, I'm old, or the guys asking about 2 players are way young, or maybe both. LOL

I guess this is what happens through the generations uh? Honestly, until Karate Champ came along, I can't think of to many games that offered 2 joysticks. Matt Mania was a very good single player wrestling game, and due to it's popularity, they made a 2 player version named Mania Challenge.

I'm sure there where more dual player games back in the early 80's, but the standard was one stick, and alternating players upon death. Oh, I guess pong was two players as well, as it had 2 paddles for head to head action.

Is it too much to ask for a VOOT machine?

There was one for sale 35 miles from me at one point, unfortunately there was no way to squeeze it into my dorm room and no way to get it into my parents basement. I live in Wisconsin so the garage was never an option lol

bread's done
Back