Pacman FREE on June 1st for Androids on Amazon market app

Is there any way that I could redeem these free games without actually owning an android? I know I'll get one sometime in the future... but they wouldn't be offering these games later on in life...

Download the Android SDK/Emulator; install a 2.2 android image into the emulator and you're good. You can install the amazon app store into the emulator and you are all set.

I did this yesterday for plants v. zombies and again today for pacman.

This page has a good writeup:
http://samuelyi.com/buy-amazon-app-store-apps-without-an-android

[quote name='ryanhaggan']Is there any way that I could redeem these free games without actually owning an android? I know I'll get one sometime in the future... but they wouldn't be offering these games later on in life...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idx86']I have an iPhone. I hate being excluded.[/QUOTE]

But according to the iPhone ads, your phone's the only one with the App Store and the world's largest collection of apps. Surely that is more than enough consolation.

[quote name='Idx86']I have an iPhone. I hate being excluded.[/QUOTE]

The iPhone gets quite a lot of freebie for a day (or more) games as well. Check the lively iOS sales thread. There's a couple games I can highly recommend that are free right now, but that's not a subject for this thread.

[quote name='vlv723']The free daily apps on Amazon keeps getting better and better. 4th day in a row. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Np, The last one , plants vs zombies, was a good one but my old hero won't run it. Still purchased it so its on my amazon account for when I have a less suck phone. That and chuzzle. This feature alone makes amazon app store way cooler than google's market place.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gargus']There is a section for free stuff you know, this is the deals section.[/QUOTE]

Is that REALLY bothering you? It's one thing if someone posts a question in the deals forum, but a free game over here really isn't hurting anyone.

[quote name='gargus']There is a section for free stuff you know, this is the deals section.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, stop being a douche. technically it is a deal because there was a price on it. Now it is a lower price, making it a deal.

Now. Go troll somewhere else.

[quote name='ryanhaggan']Is there any way that I could redeem these free games without actually owning an android? I know I'll get one sometime in the future... but they wouldn't be offering these games later on in life...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='walletandgromice']Download the Android SDK/Emulator; install a 2.2 android image into the emulator and you're good. You can install the amazon app store into the emulator and you are all set.

http://samuelyi.com/buy-amazon-app-store-apps-without-an-android[/QUOTE]

I did this a while back to get some other free game from Amazon. Expected to have to do the same yesterday, but checked Amazon and was able to simply click the buy button and it told me it was now in my app list and I could d/l it anytime on my android device. So you may only need to use the emulator once to get your Amazon store account active, then you can just buy online w/ your PC.

[quote name='Moonlk']Seriously, stop being a douche. technically it is a deal because there was a price on it. Now it is a lower price, making it a deal.

Now. Go troll somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

If gargus didn't troll he wouldn't have anything to post. Mr. Anti-MSRP and Free Deals has posted a total of 5 "deals". One he got upset about and posted this gem:
[quote name='gargus']Dont know why I bother saying anything on here, all you do is get someone with a huge ego and no self esteem feel the need to one up you all the time.

Forget I said anything then. Ill just remove my links, the title and not bother putting anymore deals up I find.[/QUOTE]

One MSRP. Pot meet kettle.

One YMMV. One a repost of a weekly ad deal.

The last thread was some Newegg clearance drops.

My whole line of thought is you need to post deals before you can bitch about "deals".

Thanks OP for the heads up!

[quote name='GT']It got moved to the dedicated Android forum, maybe a mistake because it promptly died:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=96[/QUOTE]

Some of the places threads get moved make no sense on CAG (IMHHHO). Not trying to flame the moderation but free games are the ultimate "deal". The free stuff forum makes perfect sense for contests, referrals, etc.. but since it says "the best video game deals in the world are here", free is the ultimate deal.

Seems like specifically free games would be the best.

That said-- I am REALLY wishing my Thunderbolt had some amount of a physical controller. Pacman controls fairly well given the weird setup they use but it seems like it just kind of spazzes occasionally too... I swore I'd hold out for a phone with a physical pad/keyboard but I couldn't... it's fine til stuff like this.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Got this and PvsZ yesterday. Pretty awesome. Is this going on all week?[/QUOTE]

Amazon has had a free app every day since 3/22(?) when they kicked it off with free Angry Birds Rio. This week has been particularly good, but it's always worth checking out.

Thanks OP! By the way, I appreciate that you posted this in the deals section because I rarely check the free forums. Screw the h8rz.

All over this, thanks OP! And I really don't care where it gets posted, as long as I can find it! Something like this should be visible and easy to find.

Thanks OP! Have to teach my four year old daughter about this game since her first response was, "What's a pacman?"

For those with big thumbs like I, it is tough controlling this game (playing on Droid X). Maybe I will get used to it later on but right now I am sucking.

Thanks OP for posting this. Like I see above, I also rarely go into the Free forum as it is littered with contests making it hard to see what good stuff is in there. I agree that free games with no contests involved should present in the deals forum like this and the PvZ yesterday. That's my stance.

[quote name='Justin42']Amazon has had a free app every day since 3/22(?) when they kicked it off with free Angry Birds Rio. This week has been particularly good, but it's always worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. I actually got angry birds rio, but haven't checked it since I saw the topic for PvsZ yesterday. I will have to remember this and check everyday. Seems like some pretty good games. I wonder what games I have missed out on...

I hate how my phone won't let me use Amazon Downloads... I thought my Motorola Bravo would allow me to do it after the Froyo 2.2. update.

How is the game running for people? I have an LG Vortex and it's slow to start. Might be that I have limited space left, but it starts out slow and speeds up after a min or so.

downloaded for free on my wife's phone. deleted after 30 seconds of fumbling around with awful touch controls. why do they keep making/people keep buying games for touchscreen phones? the worst way to play games ever.

[quote name='shaggyc']Np, The last one , plants vs zombies, was a good one but my old hero won't run it. Still purchased it so its on my amazon account for when I have a less suck phone. That and chuzzle. This feature alone makes amazon app store way cooler than google's market place.[/QUOTE]

Do you have HTC Hero? I DL PvZ and it messed my phone up completely.

[quote name='walletandgromice']Download the Android SDK/Emulator; install a 2.2 android image into the emulator and you're good. You can install the amazon app store into the emulator and you are all set.

http://samuelyi.com/buy-amazon-app-store-apps-without-an-android[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip.

I feel like an idiot for not thinking of this myself. I even had the emulator installed and setup because my mom needed help with her android tablet and I don't have a device of my own to help walk her through it.

You know, at this point i'm willing to say that touch based controls for games that originally had buttons/physical input methods like this are absolutely much worse than OLD cell phone games that had you using the number pad for direction buttons and shit.

At least with that you could make the game do what you wanted it to most of the time. With touch controls it's all a big question mark. Who knows what inputs it will read?? Who knows if your finger will cover half the screen??

So sad that this kind of shit is what most people are picking over 3DS and the next PSP.

[quote name='Retro Legends']Do you have HTC Hero? I DL PvZ and it messed my phone up completely.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have the sprint HTC Hero. I just clicked on PvZ to get it into my account so I can grab it free when I finally get that evo or shift I've been drooling over. Stuff like this makes me think the shift would be worth the drop in processor speed to have a physical keyboard just to play games... Well see when it comes time to renew.

[quote name='jer7583']You know, at this point i'm willing to say that touch based controls for games that originally had buttons/physical input methods like this are absolutely much worse than OLD cell phone games that had you using the number pad for direction buttons and shit.

At least with that you could make the game do what you wanted it to most of the time. With touch controls it's all a big question mark. Who knows what inputs it will read?? Who knows if your finger will cover half the screen??

So sad that this kind of shit is what most people are picking over 3DS and the next PSP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is sad when people use these phones as replacements for true moblie gaming devices. However when you end up stuck somewhere and didn't have the foresight to think to bring your psp along then some of these phone games are better than nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shaggyc']Yeah, it is sad when people use these phones as replacements for true moblie gaming devices. However when you end up stuck somewhere and didn't have the foresight to think to bring your psp along then some of these phone games are better than nothing.[/QUOTE]

I got a motorola droid 2 free a while back. and i actually do just use it to download free/cheap games on it for when i do travel or go somewhere. it's small, fits in my pocket and when i'm playing games on it, makes me look like i'm doing something important even though i'm not. HA!

bread's done
Back