Panic! for Sega CD.. anyone remember this game?

V

Virtua

I found a brand new copy of this game today.. I remember reading about it in EGM when i was a kid and always wanted to play it because it seemed so weird. Now i'm not sure if I should open it.. it's factory sealed and even has a sticker on the front for some kinda contest data east had for a pinball machine.. I hate finding sealed games!

Ouch...honestly, I'd say keep it sealed and see if you can find an unopened copy elsewhere while you wait. I heard that it was pretty weird and whatnot and somewhat interesting but I think most magazines still gave it marginal reviews since there wasn't much gameplay and the game wears out its uniqueness fairly quickly.

Theres one on ebay thats disc and manual only with a BIN of $35.

I'd keep it sealed if I were you until you can determine its worth. How much did you get it for?

Just walked into a local Game/Music/Movie/random shit store that I go to sometimes and they happened to have a pile of Sega CD games I hadn't seen before.. apparently someone traded them in. Some were brand new, some were used.

I also got Sonic CD, Beyond Good and Evil for GameCube, and a Sealed Ghaleon Punching Puppet ($12)

I honestly don't think it's that rare, so if you're interested open the damn thing. Besides, a mint complete copy is worth nearly as much as a new one.

However, Panic isn't even really a game. You just press buttons on an elevator and weird crap happens. Funny weird crap, yes, but weird crap all the same. No gameplay.

Yeah, the game isn't worth too much, I doubt that 35 one would sell ever unless someone was desperate for it being not available. I got mine for 18 shipped on ebay, and that was just cause I wanted it so I bin'ed it. Otherwise they'll usually go between 10-20 shipped. I don't think it being sealed will raise its value too much since it isn't in high demand, sealed doesn't raise the price if no one cares about the game.

alright cool, I just didn't want to feel like an ass for opening up something I could get some money for.. it looks fun, i'll be playing it sometime soon

Leave it sealed! Old sealed games should stay sealed, you should just buy a used one off of ebay.

Granted, it might not be worth now, but it might be worth more later. Sealed NES games (regardless of the title) are worth more now than they were 10 years ago.

You can never reseal it. There are tons of open ones out there, but few sealed. Don't take another one out of the wild.

There's one discerning factor in whether it's valuable or not. PANIC! is a game that was released just as Sega's VRC was overcome by the ESRB. If your copy is rated "T for Teen by the ESRB" (as mine is), go ahead and open it. It is only worth about $5 in reality anyway.
If it is one of the very few copies with "Rated NC-17 by the VRC," keep it sealed and re-sell it for more. It's the very same game, however the VRC was more eager to toss out 17's at that point because it had done so very rarely in it's history, was about to expire, plus it was highly offended by vaccuum cleaners vomitting.
On the downside, the game is only funny for the first minute or so, until vomitting houswares loses its hilarity, and you visit the same screen for the billionth time.
Let me give you one tip if you DO decide on playing it, though. There are usually at least TWO buttons that advance you to another screen. They make two different sounds. They're hard to describe, but upon hearing them you can definately tell which one means it springs you ahead, and which one drops you back. If you repeat a room that put you back before, don't use the same button, look for another to push you ahead.

bread's done
Back