Paper Mario 2

ayolykewhoa

CAGiversary!
I just got the new GMR and it has Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door on the cover with an exclusive review. It got a 9 and one person said it was the best Mario game in years. Better than Mario Sunshine. It has a fresh art style, easy controls, and a fun battle system. It's a GOTY contender. Superstar Saga and Mario RPG are two of my favorites, so I might have to pick it up at full price.

Never played the first one, but I'm definately picking this new one up. I even have my son working on my wife to let us get it at release. It's good to have some backup now when I want to get a game.

It looks amazing, but I think I'm gonna wait till Christmas to get it. The TRU sale will suck up my gaming funds for october, and november has MP 2 and Halo 2, so its gonna have to wait till then.

This, Donkey Konga, and the DS....all must haves in my book.

Is it me or does it seem like Nintendo always blows the proverbial "wad" every holiday season (more so than Microsoft and Sony), only to float on their massive profits for the rest of the year releasing very little else of interest? Could just be my taste in games though... :wink:

I preordered Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2 at GameRush for $30 each last night. Both look to be good games.

What was wrong with the demo alongx?

[quote name='alongx']I'm going to wait a good long time for this. It interested me a lot, until I played the demo.[/quote]

:shock: I guess everyone should play the demo before buying....

Paper Mario was bloody brilliant..FInished it over the summer..ANd i just preordered the second as well. Paying full price for this game is justifiable.

i cant fucking wait... the first paper mario is my fav 64 game.... and if this can contend with super smash bros melee it shall be my fav GC game... i cant wait!!!

Have it preordered through the gamerush deal. I honesty never played the first, but I am a sucker for Nintendo exlcusives, so I will give it a blind buy, especially since the gamerush preorder deal makes it cheap. Plus I figure it won't drop in price for a long time, like most Nintendo first party games.

I thought the first one was cute and light rpg, but not worth $50 to me (I bought it for $20 and sold it for about the same amount once I finished it). I suspect this one is similar, a solid RPG with some cute/nifty ideas that gets overhyped by the media.

I played the Japanese version of Paper Mario 2 for preview (on X-Play). Even then, you can tell it's going to be great. Art style is awesome -- finally something original. When dozens of enemies fill the screen, it's amazing. Really looking forward to it, though not quite as much as Metroid Prime 2.

I think Paper Mario 2 is going to be awesome. Paper Mario was one of the best games on Nintendo 64. I played it for weeks. I think that I'll buy it at full price also unless a deal is posted on it here.

[quote name='RisingZan']This, Donkey Konga, and the DS....all must haves in my book.

Is it me or does it seem like Nintendo always blows the proverbial "wad" every holiday season (more so than Microsoft and Sony), only to float on their massive profits for the rest of the year releasing very little else of interest? Could just be my taste in games though... :wink:[/quote]

Yea, that's pretty much how video games have always worked.. tons of games are brought out during the holiday season to take advantage of the Christmas gift buying. Summer is always slow, fall/winter is always over-jammed.

It would really be nice if Nintendo would do a bonus disc with Paper Mario 1 and Mario RPG on it. I mean, I can't see any reason to continue with a NP subscription if they're not offering an awesome premium like the Zelda collection. Mario RPG might be tough to get the rights to given that Square was involved too, but still, that would kick all kinds of ass if they made such a thing (since I have to get both games in preparation for Paper Mario: TTYD.)

I'm reluctant to get this. I played it at E3 and I wasn't too impressed. It plays alot like M&L: Superstar Saga but the story doesn't seem as interesting. I don't know... I'll probably pick this up but may end up ignoring it...

the first paper mario is my fav 64 game. Are there any pre-order deals like you get a t-shirt or something like you do with the MP2 deal.

[quote name='DenisDFat']yeah, you pick up a lot of story in a short, timed demo :rolleyes[/quote]

Who said anything of a timed demo? Obviously, you weren't at E3.

soooo

everyone here too busy playing the game now to discuss it?

i got a packaging question for ya'll....

was anyone elses published with in insignia on front saying "BEST SELLER"?

just curious if they saved that for non-game stores like FYE... where i grabbed my copy.

[quote name='joystickz']soooo

just curious if they saved that for non-game stores like FYE... where i grabbed my copy.[/quote]

targets copies are the same

These things are way too shallow for my taste as far as RPG's go. It does look interesting however, may have to try it. Still wondering how in the hell GI gave it a 6.75 when they give any piece of crap that's mailed to them a 9 w/o thinking about it most the time. The fact that they scored it that low is really disturbing to me, if it were an EGM or something like that I'd definately not have pondered this long, but it was Gameinformer! King of issues that have nothing scored below an 8!

[quote name='joystickz']soooo

just curious if they saved that for non-game stores like FYE... where i grabbed my copy.[/quote]

I pre-ordered mine at Electronics Botique and got one WITHOUT the "Best Seller" on the cover. He pulled mine from under the counter. But I noticed in the galss case they had Best Seller on them. I also have a friend that didn't preorder at EB and got the Best Seller one. Maybe they were going by preorder numbers or just thinking ahead?

I loved the first paper mario. I love any rpg that can keep the numbers it throws at me below 100. If this one has battles that are as engaging as the last, then it will be worth it for me.

[quote name='paz9x']its just a sticker right? I assmed it was and didnt take the time to look.[/quote]

its not just a sticker, its on the cover art....my gf bought me this game today and its on my copy as well as every copy at target that she saw and at every copy that i saw at best buy...

[quote name='BLarR']These things are way too shallow for my taste as far as RPG's go. It does look interesting however, may have to try it. Still wondering how in the hell GI gave it a 6.75 when they give any piece of crap that's mailed to them a 9 w/o thinking about it most the time. The fact that they scored it that low is really disturbing to me, if it were an EGM or something like that I'd definately not have pondered this long, but it was Gameinformer! King of issues that have nothing scored below an 8![/quote]

Give this a look. Scroll down a bit to minx's post.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34004

bread's done
Back