Paper Mario for GCN

greyzieoriental

CAGiversary!
Feedback
68 (100%)
i was looking on ebgames.com, and i was looking at the complete list of GCN release dates and it had paper mario supposedly coming out in oct 04

The last one was good enough to warrant a purchase for $20, thats more then i will give most of nintendo's titles this generation.

because they don't make you feel like you have a larger wang for playing it?

or just plain bad taste?

oh. my. god. its been made. i dont think im an atheist anymore if this comes to fruitation (and stateside). paper mario is my all time fave rpg and my fave n64 game. i was always hoping for a sequel or remake on gba. it was such a simple game, but in that lied its greatness.

Paper Mario was one of my favorite N64 games. I'd heard that they were making one for the GC but this is the first I've seen actually screens.

I've never played Paper Mario but have herd alot about it . Is it anything like Mario and luigi superstars saga ? Or am I totaly wrong ?

Its a lot like Mario & Luigi, but without all of the bros. tactics and with a very unique art style. If you liked M&L, you'll like Paper Mario.

If you havn't played it, another suggested title would be Mario RPG. Both Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi's gameplay were based on Mario RPG, although in my opinion RPG is the best of the bunch (though they are all fantastic games). I wish Nintendo would team up with Square again for a "real" Mario RPG sequel.

-Matt

Ugh.

Mario RPG is the worst of the bunch and is probably one of the most overrated games ever. It's a good game, but people take it too far. Mario and Luigi slaughters it to pieces.

Square would just suck things up. I mean really, when was the last time square put out anything decent?

That said, Mario RPG is definitely the best of the 3 square latter SNES efforts; those being Mario rpg, chrono trigger and FF6.

[quote name='DenisDFat']Ugh.

Mario RPG is the worst of the bunch and is probably one of the most overrated games ever. It's a good game, but people take it too far. Mario and Luigi slaughters it to pieces.

Square would just suck things up. I mean really, when was the last time square put out anything decent?

That said, Mario RPG is definitely the best of the 3 square latter SNES efforts; those being Mario rpg, chrono trigger and FF6.[/quote]

one of the first times I have to agree with you. As cool as it is having Mario in an RPG and as good as the battle system is, the isometric angle in annoying(jumping and moving around are a pain)

While I disagree with your opinion on Mario RPG, you do have a very good point here.

-Matt

Wow the graphics look amazing. If Mario RPG is any indicator of gameplay(haven't played M&L or Paper Mario yet) then that should be solid as well.

I never played this on N64, but I remember it was always being rented out where I worked. We could never keep it on the shelf and kids and teens alike would come in asking for it.

Graphics look really sweet!

This looks promising, as I enjoyed the first one. I like the simple graphics, as the fun comes from the gameplay. The control in Mario RPG was awful outside battle, anything involving jumping was a hassle, but it was still fun.

Now since this game doesn't feature super realistic graphics, it's going to be labeled as kiddie right away, which is a shame. I actually agree with DenisDfat about square, which is amazing. I haven't touched anything by them since the SNES days.

Yes. Technically, the current (Japanese) title is Mario Story 2, as I don't think they've finalized a NA title as yet. Paper Mario 2 is as good a guess as any, though.

bread's done
Back