Paper Mario Sticker Star 3DS $9.96 *Walmart*

Thanks OP... Between Best Buy, Amazon, and now Walmart, retailers can't GIVE this game away.... Must have made way too many copy's for sale... Reminds me of Steel Diver lol. I bought this at Best Buy back when it was $6... Still haven't played it yet...

I grabbed this from BBY last time it was under $10 and while it's far from perfect it's still got a lot of charm and is very fun.

Just got a 3ds, and been looking for deals on first party games. Heard mixed things about this game but for $10 it's worth a shot. Thanks OP

game is beautiful but gameplay is terrible

coming from someone who had never played a paper mario game before

I purchased this game at Walmart on BF for $15. Thanks, OP, I will buy it online and return the copy I got instore.

Thanks OP!  I missed this on Amazon for $14.99.  Now I'm glad I did.  Any other drops at Wal-Mart?

Damn, is this game that bad? Usually anything with "Mario" in the title stays full MSRP until it gets a value release. 

Damn, is this game that bad? Usually anything with "Mario" in the title stays full MSRP until it gets a value release.
I think it's just not a perfect game and there are so many that Paper Mario gets passed up by most. Hence, if one goes on sale then it's Paper Mario.

Thanks OP. I bought this at launch for about 30 I think, and it was pretty fun for sure. It had some problems, but at 10 bucks, u can't go wrong. I grabbed one for my son for Christmas.

Does Walmart honor their prices that are online at their stores? I've seen a few copies of it but it says there are not any available around my area.

If you were hoping that this game would be as good as Paper Mario: TTYD, it's not even close. The dialogue is good(just like every entry in the series), but the combat has no point and most of the time you will be wondering around dodging enemies trying to figure out what to do next.

Bought it using my $10 gift card from the Walmart glitch mess.  Have no clue if its good or not.  Thanks OP.

Thank you OP. Wanted to do BF deal for 15 but they decided to end the sale when I decided I was interested. They also did a rollback to 20 but I was in a hurry and left.

Thanks OP!

I ordered a copy for one of my kids for xmas. I'm having it shipped free to a FedEx place near my office so it will be easier to pick up than driving to walmart

If you were hoping that this game would be as good as Paper Mario: TTYD, it's not even close. The dialogue is good(just like every entry in the series), but the combat has no point and most of the time you will be wondering around dodging enemies trying to figure out what to do next.
Agree 100%. The dialogue is solid and I don't mind the level format, but the fighting is where the game just falls way short. No where near TTYD. I mean, there's seriously no point to battling, and I find myself just running from every enemy. Still think the game is worth $10 though.

I wonder if Mario & Luigi is going to hit the $8-10 price range like Paper Mario.

For what it's worth...I played some of this. I just couldn't get through it. It's fun but the fighting\sticker format becomes a PITA as you go from  level to level. It's not all bad but it just felt like there was too much time sink for not enough reward. Pass IMO.

Sticker Star was good.  The only real complaints are that they took out the RPG elements and plot. 

Oh, the battles and dialog are both great fun, but neither lead to anything.

Still, $10.  Can't argue with that.

Thanks, but some reason when I click that link ("Lower price") on Amazon, it just sends me to the top of the page. But I can report pictures. :( Darn.

This game is fantastic.

Love the music, it has tons of humor, and the characters and dialogue are great.  

Gameplay is fun; a mix of puzzle and RPG battle elements. 

I'd give it a solid 9, one of my favorite 3DS games. 

At $10 it's a steal. 

Last edited by a moderator:
See, this is what really bothers me about a game that's otherwise very fun. I love the mechanics and the sticker collecting for your moves but the lack of any meaningful reason to fight the common enemies makes you want to avoid all the run of the mill trash. If it had at least a basic RPG framework like the older Paper Mario games I think it would have made a world of difference.

bread's done
Back