paranoid questions regarding my first wii

kp_assman

CAGiversary!
two quick questions fellas....
1) is it safe to turn off the wii during gameplay?

2) is it safe to change discs by ejecting during gameplay and resetting
or
changing discs in the home menu

thanks

It's probably not going to hurt anything if you do either of those, but it's best to not do them.

Changing discs in the Home menu? You mean with all the channels up? Yeah, that's perfectly fine, and probably the best time to do it.

Just like it's best to not do them with any optical drive, be it CD player, DVD player, 360, PS2, PS3, etc.

preciate the love man!

one more ques though, i'm hearing mixed things about leaving a game inside.........

Leaving a game inside it won't damage it. If you are traveling/moving the system, it is best to remove any discs in it. But the heat from the system won't hurt discs, nor does it do anything on it's own that would hurt discs. So leaving them in there won't give you any trouble (my Brawl disc has been in there since I got it on release, and it hasn't given me one problem yet, and that even includes moving the system, even if I don't advise doing that).

Some additional information related to problems with leaving things connected:

If you have any Gamecube memory cards, it is best to take them out of the system when you are not using them. It is theorized that the heat the system retains due to things like WiiConnect24/the fact that the system never fully shuts down can cause the memory cards to be erased.

No one has reported a similar problem with SD cards, so those are free to leave in the system without any trouble.

bread's done
Back