Paranormal Activity

[quote name='opterasis']i guess you'd prefer shitty cgi, shitty cgi, shitty cgi, piss poor plot twist, end shitty movie.[/quote]

but it's cgi!!!

The movie was worth watching but a bit overrated in my book. I also have a couple of annoyances with how the character's dealt with things that brought the movie down a bit for me.

For fans looking to buy this movie, I suggest waiting for the eventual double dip with all the alternate endings.

[quote name='opterasis']I guess you'd prefer shitty CGI, shitty CGI, shitty CGI, piss poor plot twist, end shitty movie.[/QUOTE]

Nope just a movie that doesn't suck ass

[quote name='alangst']Apparently, the cop alternate ending used to be exclusively available on YouTube only. Now it seems to have been pulled. There is one alternate ending available on the normal dvd and it involves no cops. Since i've read that the film was made from over 70 hours of somewhat improvised footage over a 16 day period, I'm guessing eventually we'll see a deluxe bluray/dvd disc with lots more included.[/QUOTE]

It was on the rip I got of the original DVD/screener. I almost fought someone when it was over.

[quote name='slidecage']personally dont think its worth 5... poorly ripped up blair witch[/QUOTE]

Didnt care for it, either, was surprised since my bud the Horror Geek recommended it. But i was regretting it immediately...

[quote name='cavie2002']Do what i did, rent it at redbox for a dollar, then after realize you just wasted a dollar[/QUOTE]
Lmao!

I am BAFFLED by so many of you say this movie is not that good.

I don't know what you like instead? Gore? Must be!

I am more of a not-in-your-face type of Suspenseful scare Horror, so I love this, and NOT a big fan of Gory in-your-face movies.

MUCH better movie than District 9, IMO!

NOT to offend anyone, but only persons I saw that complained the movie was waste of money was two black couples sitting behind us who looked like Severely LACKING education or don't believe in ghosts.

During the whole movie, the two individuals were like talking stupid crap whenever it's creepy they laugh their ass off. :roll:

I DO think this movie has certainly much more Appeal to those who believe in paranormal (Like me) but maybe not so much to the Unbelievers! People who doesn't have an open mind... in ghosts/devils.

It's certainly NOT a Jason or Freddy type of movie, where gore is the cool factor. TBH, as I get OLDER, I like these types of movie LESS!

This movie is about Demon possessing this female at night, and making her life miserable, but you DON'T really see the demon, just very little hint the devil there for the 2/3 of the movie. The 3rd act is where demon hint picking up greatly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I enjoyed the film but I would hold off buying it. The only feature on the disc (either version) is the alternate ending that's widely available online. I'm expecting a double-dip once the director's next flick (a similar style film about friends who get lost camping near Area 51) hits theaters.

Well the movie had a lot of hype and I think that is why so many people are turned off by it.

Any movie that gains the momentum that this one did will have a lot of expectations going in. Now if you go in expecting something better then Halloween 2 then your golden.

I think that another reason why other people didn't like the movie is that they didn't take it seriously. If you watch the movie and be like "yo, I'd fight that ghost. fuck him! THAT'S MAH HOUSE!!!" then obviously you killed the mood the movie is trying to make. But on the other hand, if you're watching, thinking "...if there was a demon in my house, I'd shit a brick" then you're good.

[quote name='Chronis']I think that another reason why other people didn't like the movie is that they didn't take it seriously. If you watch the movie and be like "yo, I'd fight that ghost. fuck him! THAT'S MAH HOUSE!!!" then obviously you killed the mood the movie is trying to make. But on the other hand, if you're watching, thinking "...if there was a demon in my house, I'd shit a brick" then you're good.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. I don't know what people expect to happen in a "realistic" haunted house movie.

I'm interested in knowing what all these people who hated this movie think is a good scary movie. Really I am, cause I'm always looking for a good horror flick but most are just ridiculous.

[quote name='opterasis']Bingo. I don't know what people expect to happen in a "realistic" haunted house movie.[/QUOTE]

well, for one, i would make sure no one's streams would cross.

oh wait...

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I'm interested in knowing what all these people who hated this movie think is a good scary movie. Really I am, cause I'm always looking for a good horror flick but most are just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Paranormal Garbage is a scary movie not really a horror movie. Orphanage is the best recent scary movie. Drag Me to Hell was pretty good too.

[quote name='freshzen']Paranormal Garbage is a scary movie not really a horror movie. Orphanage is the best recent scary movie. Drag Me to Hell was pretty good too.[/QUOTE]
Well scary movie then. Orphanage has been done before, and better in my opinion. Haven't Seen Drag Me to Hell, it looked good but it was sold out the one time I went ot get it. I'll have to check it out.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Well scary movie then. Orphanage has been done before, and better in my opinion. Haven't Seen Drag Me to Hell, it looked good but it was sold out the one time I went ot get it. I'll have to check it out.[/QUOTE]

Drag Me To Hell has been done before (as Thinner), but I thought it was a really enjoyable movie. Not scary though.

[quote name='therpson']Worse flick of the year IMO.[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn't see Transformers 2, G. I. Joe, Jennifer's Body or Halloween 2.

[quote name='opterasis']You obviously didn't see Transformers 2, G. I. Joe, Jennifer's Body or Halloween 2.[/QUOTE]
SO true, and I even liked the first Tansformers.

[quote name='opterasis']You obviously didn't see Transformers 2, G. I. Joe, Jennifer's Body or Halloween 2.[/QUOTE]

But GI Joe had Brendon Frasier in it! Also the asian guy who was tied to the big rubber band in Chan-Wook Park's Cut.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I'm interested in knowing what all these people who hated this movie think is a good scary movie. Really I am, cause I'm always looking for a good horror flick but most are just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I think to these people anything very GORY = Scary.

[quote name='SuperJedi']I think to these people anything very GORY = Scary.[/QUOTE]
I guess. Honestly gore films aren't really scary to me. Kinda a different genre really. I miss good ole ghost stories, why does everything have to be a monester in the sewers with razors for hands? Thanks not scary, it's just rediculous.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Well scary movie then. Orphanage has been done before, and better in my opinion. Haven't Seen Drag Me to Hell, it looked good but it was sold out the one time I went ot get it. I'll have to check it out.[/QUOTE]

If you don't want ridiculous, you can skip Drag Me to Hell. It was so ridiculous that it was funny, which I guess was the point.

bread's done
Back