PaRappa the Rapper (PSP) - $3.99 - Amazon

Interestingly enough, I bought this about 3 years ago for 3.99 at a closing down FYE. If I still had a PSP I'd buy it for the nostalgia and catchy music.

They need an external UMD reader for the Vita :(

[quote name='plus1zero']Interestingly enough, I bought this about 3 years ago for 3.99 at a closing down FYE. If I still had a PSP I'd buy it for the nostalgia and catchy music.

They need an external UMD reader for the Vita :([/QUOTE]

Yeah or just what the Japanese got with the UMD program where you got a discount for the digital version.

Does this actually hold up well? I played Um Jammer Lammy when it was free on PlayStation Plus and couldn't get past the first stage. (I beat it when it was released on PS1 way back.) I tried it on both my PS3 and Vita so I don't think there's any audio lag issues that would cause me to fail.

butter butter butter goes in the bowl.
cheap cheap cheap is the name of my soul.

what the hell, dont have a psp but i think i'll find one at a yard sale or thrift store sooner or later

in for one :D

[quote name='whitereflection']Does this actually hold up well? I played Um Jammer Lammy when it was free on PlayStation Plus and couldn't get past the first stage. (I beat it when it was released on PS1 way back.) I tried it on both my PS3 and Vita so I don't think there's any audio lag issues that would cause me to fail.[/QUOTE]

I thought Um Jammer Lammy still held up great on my psp/ps3 and had no problems. Go figure.

The psp Parappa seemed that way to me, though...like the timing was slightly off, and I kept missing things I thought I nailed...or getting penalized for cool improvs (although I guess the improv system was probably more bare bones on that game than the sequels). Took me a bit to adjust to the timing of the game for some reason. Once I did, it was still fun, though.

[quote name='whitereflection']Does this actually hold up well? I played Um Jammer Lammy when it was free on PlayStation Plus and couldn't get past the first stage. (I beat it when it was released on PS1 way back.) I tried it on both my PS3 and Vita so I don't think there's any audio lag issues that would cause me to fail.[/QUOTE]
Definitely no audio lag. There does seem to be some video lag, but maybe it's always been that way. This game was pretty unforgiving back in the day, so I can't tell if it's always been a little off, or if it's this version.

Most people are probably playing these games on HDTVs now. The perceived video lag is probably due to the lag inherent in playing an SD game up-scaled to an HD display. It'll be different form TV model to TV model.

Whoa. Under recommended also it shows Fat Princess. I never knew this got a physical release. Let alone on PSP.

When you press a button it works fine, and it looks great on PSP. it's the grading system that's messed up in particular the driving level on the other levels it's not too difficult to pass, but on the driving level it seems almost random. Depends on how lucky you are, but if you're unlucky you'll be stuck on that level for a while and it will suck. Worth it for $4 in my opinion just be aware that the driving level may make you rip your hair out.

bread's done
Back