Passport for going to the US?

Raiikoh

CAGiversary!
I'm thinking of driving down from BC, Canada into Seattle, WA at the end of August (think PAX)

Do I need a passport to cross the border or will another form of proof of Canadian citizenship suffice? (I promise not to smuggle any Weapons of Mass Distruction, terrorists, mad cow beef....)

.....what about coming back?

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']When I drove from Montana to Canada, all I needed was a few IDs and and my birth certificate.[/QUOTE]

To Canada? I think getting into the USA is tougher than going to Canada. At least, based on my previous experiences going from Blaine to Surrey/Vancouver.

All you need is picture ID and birth certificate or anything that officially states your residence. I just went to Canada on Sunday and my niece didn't have her birth certificate but she had a voter's card and they let her use that with her photo ID.

But, I have heard that within the next few years the US government is to make it where you will have to have a passport to go to Canada.

Photo ID is fine. We travel down to the States monthly and I've never had a problem crossing with just my driver's licence. Except crossing through Detroit, but those border guards are all dickheads, and since you're in BC everyone should be laid back and no problem.

bread's done
Back