Patapon 2 PSP complete retro fit (PICS)

kurrptsenate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
64 (100%)
My third and most important project finally came in the mail. I am absolutely giddy about how it turned out. Doing a slim is probably about 4 times easier than retrofitting a fat PSP.

PataponfinishPSP001.jpg

PataponfinishPSP002.jpg

here is a picture of the semi-gutted black one

PataPSP003.jpg

if you want some more pictures of the PSP before or after, lemme know. I have more :bouncy:

I really like that one. Where do you get these from? I'm not handy with a screw driver, but that picture makes me want to try it.

If you have a slim, theres really only 2 parts that were semi-difficult. Having the patience of a saint never hurts either.

The red faceplate for the fat (just the top), the pink retro fit for my wife (top and bottom), and the patapon 2 retrofit were all ordered from ebay from China. Takes about 2 weeks give or take for the delivery. They all arrived in good fashion. The price for all of em were just right : 5.xx, 18.xx, and 30 respectively.

The fat retro fit has a TON of screws and a more complicated UMD door/UMD drive install. The slim was quite easy. I'd say at least 4 times easier.

If you wanted to give it a try, I could coach ya through it quite easily. Just changing a face plate takes about 6 minutes. That latest retrofit took about 1.5 hours while taking my time.

Thanks for the responses as well. Absolutely couldn't fathom why this thread was at 1 * for the longest time.

That is just cool. Wish I had the time or patience to take a crack at my psp phat since I have a pspgo now. What tool set do you use?

I had a small phillips head I used for all of then. a tiny flat head helps with the release of ribbon cables and getting the LCD out on the fat.

If you have the patience and can remember where the screws go, its not bad. The fat is just time consuming and has more parts than the slim

bread's done
Back