Patapon $20 In stores NOW!

win. :lol: no, just stand in one place and never really use the command to move forward since the worm always comes to you.as soon as you see him stand up straight, go into defend mode. actually any time he's standing waiting to attack just defend, only go for an attack between those times.

also, I took a break from playing this since I noticed it was affecting my sleep. I went to bed and couldn't go to sleep due to constant ringing's of the chants in my head. I would turn to one side of my bed and hear one chant, and then turn to the other side to only hear a different chant... damn it. I'm playing The Warriors on my PSP every once in a while to smooth me out.

This game is teh awesome!

Now how do I unlock the raindance?

I'm in the desert but I have no idea how to get the rain dance...any help would be appreciated.

Ok beat it finally!

I just replayed the desert hunting level, but there was only one kacheek and he was towards the very end of the stage so he ended up making it across the finish alive. I actually got a mission failed. :[

I'm trying to build up supplies to make better troops at the moment, because I've got an army of mostly plain patapons and the last few stages have been pretty tough. It's refreshing that you can't just breeze through the game, though.

I'm kicking so much ass at this game.

I hope the PSN version rumor thing is true and doesn't suck like Loco Roco PSN.

[quote name='dallow']I'm kicking so much ass at this game.

I hope the PSN version rumor thing is true and doesn't suck like Loco Roco PSN.[/quote]

How bad is the LocoRoco PSN version? I was thinkin' about gettin' it once they release the PSN network cards in the stores.

[quote name='Sinistar']How bad is the LocoRoco PSN version? I was thinkin' about gettin' it once they release the PSN network cards in the stores.[/quote]Well, it's kinda lame (actually, just overpriced) as it's just one GIANT Loco Roco level.

Neat for one playthrough.
I guess you can replay to try to get all of the Loco Rocos in the quickest amount of time (has online leaderboards I believe) but eh.

On mission 26 aka Break Da Gate feat, Scorpiton! Talk about a hard mission. Those stupid demon missiles might as well be walls for my patapons. Annoying crap. Guess I'll just keep boosting my army with new divine weapons and materials.

If anyone has beat that stage I would love to have some tips.

[quote name='dallow']Well, it's kinda lame (actually, just overpriced) as it's just one GIANT Loco Roco level.

Neat for one playthrough.
I guess you can replay to try to get all of the Loco Rocos in the quickest amount of time (has online leaderboards I believe) but eh.[/quote]

Its an interactive screen saver basically.

Well, it's a little more than that, since nothing happens if you just leave alone. (i think)

I'd use Aquatopia as a screensaver but I don't want to wear out my TV. :(

Also:

20080303.jpg

[quote name='pete5883']You are ill-informed.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/tgs07/locoroco-cocoreccho-hands+on-impressions-beta-301333.php[/quote]

I was going by what Dallow wrote. That is how it sounded to me, but he mentioned it is more then that too.

[quote name='yuckfou']For those stuck, trying to do the totem dance:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AGW6lAXuhyQ[/quote]

Yeah the Totem dance, you have to keep the beat too. People weren't noticing the totem "sings" back to you the beats you play a lot like your army.

damn you guys. I keep seeing this pop up. I made a promise about not buying a game until I beat a game and I just bought disgaea Afternoon of Darkness...

[quote name='Snake2715']damn you guys. I keep seeing this pop up. I made a promise about not buying a game until I beat a game and I just bought disgaea Afternoon of Darkness...[/quote]
Try the demo out. I downloaded it last night and, though I like the originality, it's not for me. It's been soooooo long since I played my PSP that I'm jonesin for something decent to play on it .... I just need to find what "that" is.

[quote name='Plac1d']I was unable to kill the retreating snail from the desert. Does he drop any good loot?[/QUOTE]

Go back to the desert hunting grounds and kill him. He unlocks the flower mini game.

[quote name='seanr1221']Go back to the desert hunting grounds and kill him. He unlocks the flower mini game.[/quote]

Oh! You have to make it rain there. I've hunted at -Creatures of the Sand- 6 or 7 time before and still the snail never returned. But JuJu got the thing to respawn. Thanks!

Dude. Someone explain the Fah Zakpon (flower) minigame to me. So I just hit circle with a steady rhythm through the entire song, with no variation? The flower seems pretty happy if I do that and it tosses up 2-3 items, but then they just fall on the ground. When do I press the button to catch them?

[quote name='metaly']Dude. Someone explain the Fah Zakpon (flower) minigame to me. So I just hit circle with a steady rhythm through the entire song, with no variation? The flower seems pretty happy if I do that and it tosses up 2-3 items, but then they just fall on the ground. When do I press the button to catch them?[/quote]Just before the falling sound effect ends, you 'jump' at the same beat she threw the veggies at.

I personally just spam the jump button and usually get all 3.
Keep jumping at a regular rhythm. It's kinda weird.

[quote name='seanr1221']How far are you?[/QUOTE]

I'm right after the point where the girl patapon gets kidnapped and you get the charge song... I took a break from the game since it was messing with my sleeping patterns.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I'm right after the point where the girl patapon gets kidnapped and you get the charge song... I took a break from the game since it was messing with my sleeping patterns.[/QUOTE]

I still can't believe I dropped 18.5 hours into it when all is said and done.

[quote name='seanr1221']I still can't believe I dropped 18.5 hours into it when all is said and done.[/QUOTE]

I can seeing as how you can't be dumb playing the game as well as the amount of time preparing for certain levels.

I bought this last week but I haven't played it yet...I keep reading this post thinking that the game is going to frustrate me to no end.

Is it really as infuriating as some of you are making it out to be?

No, it's not, unless you're bad at rhythm games.

Those issues you hear where people have trouble finding the rain miracle, etc... every time there's been an issue I just looked around the patapon village and one of the speaking patapons will give a really obvious clue as to what to do next. From there on, it's just a matter of a little experimentation.

Of course, Wombat got it so right that essentially, it's a holy war. Heck, the Zigotons don't even seem that evil. They're just another people that displaced the patapons. Makes the game even more funny in an ironic sort of way.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well im supposedly @ the last boss but it dosnt make sense. i still dont have a blacksmith or food for the cook...?[/quote]

The best way to get food for the cook is the flower minigame. When I first started that stupid thing I could never keep the beat, but once you get the constant rythm down it is a really easy minigame which usually nets me 2-3 vegetables each time (the eyeball cabbage which is the level 1 vegetable is the most common drop, so for one Wooden Stick you usually will get 2 eyeball cabbages which can net you 2 stews from the cook).

I haven't gotten far enough for the blacksmith (I am about to siege the castle with the catapult. I've been screwing around refighting bosses a ton instead).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I can seeing as how you can't be dumb playing the game as well as the amount of time preparing for certain levels.[/quote]

Yeah. It's going to take me at least another 5 hours to get the rest of the divine weapons. I have four so far and I have 21+ hours in the game. Although I am on the last boss.

Last boss question:
I've tried to fight him once so far and he liked switched forms four times. From standing, to dog form, to standing, to dog form, and I think back again. My troops ending up dying from me not retreating when, in dog form, he did the rushing smash. Was I close to beating him though?

[quote name='FurryCurry']Yeah. It's going to take me at least another 5 hours to get the rest of the divine weapons. I have four so far and I have 21+ hours in the game. Although I am on the last boss.

Last boss question:
I've tried to fight him once so far and he liked switched forms four times. From standing, to dog form, to standing, to dog form, and I think back again. My troops ending up dying from me not retreating when, in dog form, he did the rushing smash. Was I close to beating him though?
[/QUOTE]

Yea you were very close. As soon as you seem him go backward and the camera follows him, retreat like hell!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']how do i unlock the blacksmith and flower?

Im definitely at the last boss but don't even have those...?[/quote]
Quote thy self:
[quote name='Plac1d']Oh! You have to make it rain there. I've hunted at -Creatures of the Sand- 6 or 7 time before and still the snail never returned. But JuJu got the thing to respawn. Thanks![/quote]

As for the blacksmith....

There's a hunting grounds that mentions a star in the description. Go there when it's not raining (I think it's the 6th or 7th grounds, I dunno). If it is raining, go in and just exit out until it stops. Anyway, you'll see some black enemy and a gold bird when it's not raining. Kill the black thing, and a star comes out of him. DON'T let the star get behind you, let it stay infront of you. He keeps dropping coins, and he'll drop an item that opens up a new boss (pretty sure it's the second form of the crab).

Anyways, the next time it's not raining do the SAME thing, and this time he'll drop the blacksmith's hat.

Hope that makes sense Rolento.

[quote name='[email protected]']i like just got this game and it is a very good game i would recommend it to anyone with a psp cause the games a good game and the price is right[/quote]

So...what you're saying is that it's a good game? :roll:

[quote name='seanr1221']As for the blacksmith....

There's a hunting grounds that mentions a star in the description. Go there when it's not raining (I think it's the 6th or 7th grounds, I dunno). If it is raining, go in and just exit out until it stops. Anyway, you'll see some black enemy and a gold bird when it's not raining. Kill the black thing, and a star comes out of him. DON'T let the star get behind you, let it stay infront of you. He keeps dropping coins, and he'll drop an item that opens up a new boss (pretty sure it's the second form of the crab).

Anyways, the next time it's not raining do the SAME thing, and this time he'll drop the blacksmith's hat.

Hope that makes sense Rolento.
[/QUOTE]

thanks. I unlocked the bean plant and blacksmith finally :)

now off to get more mithril!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']thanks. I unlocked the bean plant and blacksmith finally :)

now off to get more mithril![/quote]

Welcome to my pain. It's not as hard as it could be but, you'll get annoyed that the weapons you really want don't come until later. All the crappy stuff comes first.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I have two ultimate weapons but need more mithril for more... where's the best place to get it? I'm guessing it's totally random >_

[quote name='FurryCurry']Go look at the first FAQ at Gamefaqs. It tells you which bosses drop what.

Also, what is your set-up like Role? I'm using Archers with one Devil Archer, Spearguys with two or is it one Devil Spearguy and an Angel Spear guy, and Megapons (only name I can remember lol) in the front. Full line-up for each. They all seem to be able to pound out the damage the most on bosses, causing them to stagger like crazy and drop all sorts of shit that's not just ka-ching.[/QUOTE]

I have the sword/sheild guys up front, the spearmen in the middle, and musicians in the back. The musicians are so damn usefull if you get at least one as a purple one (the one with the viking horns) and an upgraded weapon. They turn into massive damage beasts.

I would allready like to see a sequel. More unit types, bigger armys, more catapults and other weapons. Somehow make those flying units work out. Coop multi player. a unit that captures and controls monsters. press a button to double the speed in fever mode.

Especially if you made a ps3 version you could use the rock band drum kit.

If you have any other ideas.

[quote name='sfriedlander']
[/QUOTE]

:shock::shock::shock:

That would be incredible.

[quote name='sfriedlander']I would allready like to see a sequel. More unit types, bigger armys, more catapults and other weapons. Somehow make those flying units work out. Coop multi player. a unit that captures and controls monsters. press a button to double the speed in fever mode.

If you have any other ideas.[/quote]

I like the idea of ONE type of aerial unit. A "Monsterpon" unit. A "Medic" unit. Multiplayer at all would be great and I think that more stage specific items should pop up. The one catapult stage wasn't enough :(. Oh, and sea battles.

BUT

Most of all...

Pause button assigned to the L button. It's easy to get to without us having to lose our rhythm.

bread's done
Back