Patapon Review

Xrazor

CAGiversary!
My first review, I posted this up on GameSpot forums as well, and thought it would fit nicely here at CAG as well, anways:

Patapon ∙ PSP

Portable? Ha! You make me laugh! Patapon takes nothing but focus and concentration. That doesn’t make it a bad game though. Most rhythmic-action games these days have no story line at all. You just press the buttons to finish the beat or song, get points, and viol la your done. Not in patapon, this game includes one of the most compelling story lines I have ever had the chance to experience. Not only is it a rhythmic action game, it’s a FPS! No just kidding, but it really is also an RPG, you can customize your weapons and your squad of little talkative Patapons.
Basically what’s going on is, you are a god (no, really), and you are given these war drums that control the Patapons depending on what beat you make. Each of the war drums corresponds to one of the functional buttons on the PSP, there is always a beat in the background, and you have to drum to the beat, if you do it correctly, the Patapons will follow what ever command you are giving them, if not they will just stand there and give you tips on how to control them.
The missions are pretty long, and there is no way to pause the game, except for turning the PSP on standby. Not only are the missions long, but the overall game is long, 15 Hours! Most games only stand up to 5 or 6 hours now. You will not play this game on the bus, or the train, or during commercials, maybe on a plane, because if you look up, or get distracted, failure will be in your future. This is a great game that you should buy, don’t believe me? Download the demo for your self. Oh and by the way, if you haven’t already, buy headphones

bread's done
Back