Paul Thomas Anderson Movies

[quote name='Squall835']Can't help with the prices, but I just watched Magnolia last night and it was awesome.[/quote]

I saw that movie 3 times in the theater, which is crazy considering it's about 17 hours long. Aimee Mann's soundtrack works well on its own, too...check it out.

[quote name='musha666']That was the worst movie I ever saw. This is no hyperbole, it truly was just unwatchable.[/quote]

How is it not hyperbole when you are claiming that "it was the worst movie I ever saw?"

[quote name='musha666']That was the worst movie I ever saw. This is no hyperbole, it truly was just unwatchable.[/quote]

Anyone know how I can block somebody in these forums?

I lost interest after the phone sex on Punchdrunk.

There Will Be Blood is a masterpiece. Go watch it now.

Who knew there was a director that good that I never really payed attention to. I'll be on the look out for deals on his films.

[quote name='TheSecretBaldwin']Anyone know how I can block somebody in these forums?[/quote]
LOL.

If I blocked everyone on CAG that I thought had shitty taste in movies there'd only be 2 or 3 people left for me to talk to.

(I'm willing to concede that that's probably more of a commentary on MY taste in movies than everyone else's.)

[quote name='shadowrage']Who knew there was a director that good that I never really payed attention to. [/quote]
*raises hand*

Ooh....me! Me! I knew!

If you want to see his full directorial body of work, check YouTube for Aimee Mann's "Save Me" video, Michael Penn's "Try" video, and Fiona Apple's videos for "Limp", "Across the Universe", "Fast as You Can", and "Paper Bag".

Paul Thomas Anderson is shaping up to be the next Martin Scorcese. I've never seen someone take such disturbing subject matter in so many different situations and mange to shed a light on it that makes it beautiful.

A true cinematic artist.

P.T. Anderson is better than Martin Scorcese, and I'm a big fan of Scorcese. He is more in the realm of a Malick or Kubrick.

We all have our own tastes though, don't we?

I got boogie nights at my local Fred Meyer in Renton, WA for 9.99! it was 12.99, but the clerk gave me a 3 dollar discount for some reason, what a steal!

[quote name='bmachine']I saw that movie 3 times in the theater, which is crazy considering it's about 17 hours long. Aimee Mann's soundtrack works well on its own, too...check it out.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Great movie and great soundtrack. I need to watch it again.

Hard Eight is a hard flick to come by at local chains. Best bet would be online somewhere. I've you've never seen it, you owe it to yourself as a PTA fan to pick it up. Great, great film.

[quote name='honzoh']Hard Eight is a hard flick to come by at local chains. Best bet would be online somewhere. I've you've never seen it, you owe it to yourself as a PTA fan to pick it up. Great, great film.[/quote]
His commentary track alone on the Hard Eight Special Edition is worth the price.

Best Buy has it for $10.50 this week...use the website to see if any of the BB's near you have it in stock.

bread's done
Back