Pawn Shop Deals

Pyrotyrant

CAG Veteran
I have a great pawn shop around here that sells all the old games and stuff for little to nothing. Check out what i got for three bucks a pop.

NES - three dollars a piece
Contra
Double Dragon II
Legend of Zelda
Legend of Zelda II
Mike Tysons Punch Out
TMNT
TMNT Arcade

Not too shabby if you ask me. Don't have a NES, but I have every intention of buying one to play my classics on. They always have good stuff, so who knows what Ill run across next?

I got two NES toploaders at Cash America Pawn for a ridiculously low price. I traded them a copy of Gamebreaker 2004 sealed for both of em w/ controllers and hookups. The cool thing, is I got Gamebreaker for $4.99 from EB.

Pawn shops are definatly great places to hunt. The pawners don't seem to know much about games and are willing to let anything slip through. I am willing to bet that in some Iowa pawn shop a copy of Chrono Trigger is rusting away with a five dollar tag on it.

Hmmm... out here in Bay Area, Cali I've never seen a pawn shop in my life...anyone know of any around here? I'm always reading about good deals and stuff but never have an idea where to find one.

Ninja Gaiden II + Metal Gear + Otogi = 21 bucks

Platinum wavebird = 9.99

Chrono Trigger + Super Mario RPg = 13 dollars

i really need to visit my local pawn shop, been hearing a lot of good things about pawn shops from this site but i dont know if i have one near by. i guess ill look it up in the phone book.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']

Chrono Trigger + Super Mario RPg = 13 dollars[/quote]

Were you watching for cop cars on your way home?? I would have felt like i just stole the f***ing crown jewels! Great find!

Oh yeah, I also got Super Mario Kart for 5.

considering I never even played Chrono Trigger and only put like 5 hours into Super MArio RPG I do not consider it an amazing find. I got more out of my three dollar Metal Gear

[quote name='CaseyRyback']considering I never even played Chrono Trigger and only put like 5 hours into Super MArio RPG I do not consider it an amazing find. I got more out of my three dollar Metal Gear[/quote]

In that case, I'll give you what you paid, plus shipping, plus $3 for Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG, seeing as they are just collecting dust. What do you mean, "NO"? :roll:

I live at the Pawn Shops. I hit 10 different ones 3 times a week. This is how I make a lot of my extra spending money (roughly $900+ a month). My best finds are the Coporate Pawns such as Cash America & EZPawn.
They also have great deals on dvds. Picked up Star Trek TNG s.1 $25.

Pawn Shops rock! I snagged Suikoden I and II for 10.00 flat, I got harvest moon 64 for 3.00 (i snagged 2 total at the same time), valkyrie profile for 5.00, tenchu for the x box for 14.00, tactics ogre for the gba 8.00 each (3 total) oh man, pawns are great

My pawns never have anything. However I have two peddlers malls around here and I just scored a Snakes Revenge for 4.50. Had the box but the box is ragged, cart in great condition.

[quote name='organicow']man, my pawn shops BLOW!! they never have dick.[/quote]

Same here, I've only been to a couple here, but they don't have many games.

[quote name='Pyrotyrant']Pawn shops are definatly great places to hunt. The pawners don't seem to know much about games and are willing to let anything slip through. I am willing to bet that in some Iowa pawn shop a copy of Chrono Trigger is rusting away with a five dollar tag on it.[/quote]
Ill have to start checking out local pawn shops. :D

The local pawns around here aren't too bad. At one, I found Super Empire Strikes Back for SNES with a $3.99 price tag on it and the clerk only charged me a buck. So far, that's been my best deal (probably because I don't visit them as often as I should).

I've heard lots of stories of people finding copies of the popular SNES RPGs Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, etc) for around $5 or less at pawn shops. Haven't found any of those stores around here yet, though.

On the low side, another pawn shop around here has an $8 flat fee on SNES stuff... about 95% of which were sports titles. Meh.

the pawn shops around here are pretty clever. they use gamestop prices for buying and selling used games, so i never get really good deals. :(

[quote name='KingNES']Pawn Shops rock! I snagged Suikoden I and II for 10.00 flat, I got harvest moon 64 for 3.00 (i snagged 2 total at the same time), valkyrie profile for 5.00, tenchu for the x box for 14.00, tactics ogre for the gba 8.00 each (3 total) oh man, pawns are great[/quote]

HOLY fuckING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='CaseyRyback']considering I never even played Chrono Trigger and only put like 5 hours into Super MArio RPG I do not consider it an amazing find. I got more out of my three dollar Metal Gear[/quote]

In that case, I'll give you what you paid, plus shipping, plus $3 for Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG, seeing as they are just collecting dust. What do you mean, "NO"? :roll:[/quote]

I traded both of them away about 6 months ago on these boards. They were the first games I ever traded on these boards.

I got my PS1 at a pawn shop long ago. I haven't really been on the look out for games at em lateley tho, but this has told me to get the hell out there and find some good deals.

bread's done
Back