PAX South 2018 its BBQ Time

kube00

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Hi Everyone!

This is a little late...but its almost time for PAX South 2018!

Who's going? 

I'll be headed there. Should be a good time. This is my 10th PAX. Been to a lot of Primes/West, a few Easts, and a few Souths

Last edited by a moderator:
Borrowed some info from the last PAX West thread (Thanks R. Kashahra)
https://www.cheapass...prime-more-cag/

Passes have been shipped. 3 day passes to South are sold out. If you are looking for a 3 day I would check reddit

General Info/Tips

PAX South 2018 Jan 12-14
Henry B Gonzales Convention Center, San Antonio TX

Useful links:
:hot: General PAX Information :hot:
- Twitter: Offical_PAX - Updates on nearly everything PAX-related (West, East, Dev, Aus, and South). Usually replies promptly to questions.
- Twitter: PAX_lines - Up-to-the-minute info about lines for panels, concerts, etc. The most useful PAX-related Twitter after the official account.
-PAX South FB stuff
-PAX South Official Fourms Lots of good info and tips here
-PAX South Food Recommendations, BBQ places are the list and there are some that are close to the Convention Center
-PAX South Party List

Schedule and Events

There will be a Cheap Ass Gamer panel this year! It will take place in the Armadillo theater on Sunday Januarty 14th at 10:30 am. More info here

Official Schedule:
Web link: here!
iOS/Android/Windows Phone 7/Blackberry: Download the Guidebook app via the right sidebar at the official site.

Hotels

- Hotel registration. Note that all of the best/closest rooms at convention rates are already booked. You can still book many (if not all) of these hotels at Orbitz, Travelocity, etc., but the rates will be higher.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

General Info for PAX Newbies

Under the spoiler are tips for enjoying PAX and all the info about food, transportation, and miscellaneous info (like Seattle sightseeing) from last year's thread. All this stuff is old hat for most of the people who follow this thread, but for those who are new to PAX West, hope this is useful :)
Spoiler

Helpful Tips

- Wear comfy shoes! Comfy clothing, too, but comfy shoes are more important.
- Bring the following stuff with you every day: PAX badge, schedule book/Guidebook app and lanyard (available at the show), bottled water, cash, hand sanitizer, camera of some kind (you mean a smart phone?), poster tube, handheld gaming device(s) of your choice.
- Be especially courteous to the Enforcers! They are volunteers who are there to help you, and they are awesome.
- Take showers (and practice proper hygiene in general) every day! A shower only takes 10 minutes each day and guarantees you won't be "that guy/gal with the confunk".
- If you're cosplaying, use common sense! Here's PAX's policy on prop weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was pretty good. I went in 2015 and 2016. I enjoyed that it was laid back. Not many of the panels interested me this year but I had a great time not waiting in line and playing a ton of Indie games

I have essentially the same BBQ, an 8 year old S-450. Nice BBQ, still looks like new.

In regards to the grates, just get a griddle, aussies prefer a griddle as we always cook onions and usually some pineapple so my BBQ is half griddle, half grill.

PAX is only in seattle , boston , seattle again and melbourne.

Its a massive videogame exhibition. Allot of developers showcase new games/systems etc. Its massive , cant believe u havent heard about it.

bread's done
Back