paypal account question

luffy_kun

CAGiversary!
ive never sold anything on ebay, only bought, but now i am putting my ds and a few games up for auction. does anybody know if i need to upgrade from a personal paypal account to a premium one to accept payment for my auction? paypal's website is very confusing with regard to taking ebay orders through paypal. thanks.

If you want to be able to accept credit card payments through Paypal you need a premier account. If you advertise accepting Paypal in your listings, Paypal says you have to accepts all forms of Paypal and would need the premier account.

You don't have to upgrade to premier right now. Just keep your personal account and sell your stuff on ebay first. If the winner pays you using a credit card, then the money will be held until you upgrade account or decline payment. If the winner pay using existing paypal balance, your personal account will be able to receive it without a need to upgrade.

In short, just keep your personal account until you absolutely have to upgrade in order to receive the payment :)

[quote name='eau']You don't have to upgrade to premier right now. Just keep your personal account and sell your stuff on ebay first. If the winner pays you using a credit card, then the money will be held until you upgrade account or decline payment. If the winner pay using existing paypal balance, your personal account will be able to receive it without a need to upgrade.

In short, just keep your personal account until you absolutely have to upgrade in order to receive the payment :)[/QUOTE]

Very good advice.

Actually something I have noticed with the new sell your item form is that paypal will not let you use a paypal account if it is not a premier or business account. So yes you will have to upgrade if you are using the new sell your item form.

I guess that's a big reason they are getting rid of the old sell your item form (I had just thought they wanted to retire it because it was old)

bread's done
Back