Paypal holding funds for 21 days ????

darock738

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have used paypal and ebay for several years. All of a sudden last week, all three payments i received were placed on hold and paypal told me to ship items anyway. Does anyone know what this is all about and will they do that with every payment i receive through ebay?

The disclaimer about this policy states that if you're a new Ebay member (under 1 year i think) or have less than 100 feedback you're subject to this in some cases for larger payments. I've been a member for 9 years and have 81 feedback...my most recent payments of about $250 each have come through without problems, although I wouldn't be surprised if I get some locked down sooner or later.

What if one has 60 feedback, and has been a member for over a year?... same rule would apply, or is it specific to those users previously mentioned?

Well, I have been an ebay member for over 5 years and my feedback is 800.... figure that one out! I call paypal everyday and I get transferred to one the operators who is clearly is in india or something cause all they do is read back word for word what is already listed on their website. Its like that scene from transformers.

[quote name='darock738']Well, I have been an ebay member for over 5 years and my feedback is 800.... figure that one out! I call paypal everyday and I get transferred to one the operators who is clearly is in india or something cause all they do is read back word for word what is already listed on their website. Its like that scene from transformers.[/quote]

Well, I have no idea then. Best of luck to you!

Make sure that your account hasn't been placed in a "Limited" status, basically paypal could be investigating your account for some reason. Definitely not a good sign. You will be able to receive payments but can't send them out, or withdraw any money...

Make sure that is not the case!

I had something similar happen to me. I bought a game on ebay and then I never received it and I emailed the seller just short of 12 times within a 3 week period. NO reply, so I file a report on paypal and ebay and then they say that the seller had proof of shipping me the item and then I asked if they could send me the proof and they told me it was against their policy. .

I promptly did a chargeback and withdrawn all my money in my paypal but they limited my account and didnt let the money I had go through. Still currently locked out and they have my 130$. I did get the money from the chargeback though.

What are the terms of this payment hold from PayPal? I just received a ~$140 payment and there's no hold on it. Not that I'm complaining... just wondering.

[quote name='Vinny']What are the terms of this payment hold from PayPal? I just received a ~$140 payment and there's no hold on it. Not that I'm complaining... just wondering.[/quote]

When I list games using turbolister it states: Payment may be held for 21 days or until buyer gives positive feedback.... or something to that effect.

For the record, ebay member since 1998, 10000 positive feedbacks 99.9% positive. It looks like this policy is for everyone, I am not a powerseller, so I am not sure if they get different terms. Ebay has always been buyer friendly, they are just taking it to the next level.

This is part of ebay's new site changes they announced earlier this year. They wanted to make it friendly for buyers so they made various changes to the site and one of those was reserving the right to put a hold on paypal payments for ebay items if you are don't meet certain feedback levels. Here is what ebay said exactly:

"In a small percentage of cases where it has been determined the risk of dissatisfied buyers is higher, PayPal may delay release of the payment funds to the seller until the buyer has left a positive feedback or 21 days have passed without a dispute, claim, chargeback or reversal filed on that transaction."

They probably have some algorithm set up to decide what is high risk. They reserve the right in every transaction though. I get this message and I am a Silver level power seller with 26,000+ feedback.

bread's done
Back