PayPal Preferred

gpgorbosjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I thought if you enabled this you were supposed to get cash back on your PayPal debit card purchases?

First, the directions PayPal gives your for enabling it are incorrect.

Second, I enabled PayPal preferred as best I could figure it out and never get anything back...

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I thought if you enabled this you were supposed to get cash back on your PayPal debit card purchases?

First, the directions PayPal gives your for enabling it are incorrect.

Second, I enabled PayPal preferred as best I could figure it out and never get anything back...[/QUOTE]

Are you using it as debit or credit (PIN or signed)? I know for me, I only get cash back on credit purchases and not purchases using my PIN.

[quote name='sp00ge']Are you using it as debit or credit (PIN or signed)? I know for me, I only get cash back on credit purchases and not purchases using my PIN.[/QUOTE]

CRAP....I've been using the PIN. I totally forgot about that.

I can just choose credit even though it isn't, right?

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']CRAP....I've been using the PIN. I totally forgot about that.

I can just choose credit even though it isn't, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was explained to me that you must select "credit" at the time of purchase. The PayPal CSR also told me that it is only good on purchase made in-store however other people have told me it works for online purchases as well (at least for them). They may have changed the T&C of this program because I have at least one buddy who was grandfathered in when PayPal Preferred was 1.5% back.

I think the only difference between choosing credit vs debit when using a debit card is that debit is deducted from your account immediately and credit may take 24-48 hours to post.

As long as it has the Mastercard logo, it will go through as credit. It still draws from your account just like debit.

bread's done
Back