PayPal question (urgent)

Forest Mercenary

CAGiversary!
I currently have nothing in my Paypal account, and selected to transfer some money onto it from my bank account (which takes 4 days) two days ago. So my balance is still $0.00. However, when I go to send money, select the recipient, and enter a value, it lets me do so, and takes me to the confirmation screen. My bank account is selected as the source. So, my question is, after the recipient recieves my money, will the funds clear instantly, or will he have to wait 4 days? So would it be faster to wait 2 more days and then send moeny when I have it in my account, or do it now while I still have nothing. The question is, will it take 4 days to clear if I currently have nothing on my PayPal?

Thanks in advance.

And how long is a couple days? Will it be faster to just wait then? Because I remember getting an echeck myself before, when I sold stuff on ebay.

Why don't you link your PayPal account to a CC and use that to pay? Using a CC is instant plus you can do a CC chargeback if something goes sour and PayPal won't help you.

Plus if you take it from your bank now you'll end up with the money in your PayPal from the transfer which hasn't yet cleared, plus more money taken from your bank account for that purchase. CC is the way to go, unless you don't have one I guess.

[quote name='wubb']Why don't you link your PayPal account to a CC and use that to pay? Using a CC is instant plus you can do a CC chargeback if something goes sour and PayPal won't help you.

.[/quote]

Totally agree. If you have a CC, use that instead of a bank account. Paypal automatically links your bank account rather than a CC, because it has to pay CC fees.

Ain't that a pain in the ass? Every time I do a purchase I have to click the choose other payment source option and click that I want to use my CC. Then click through the screen where PayPal tells me all the great 'benefits' of just using my bank account instead.

I wish they would just let me set the CC as my default payment option. (If you can do that when you have a bank account linked as well, I can't figure it out.)

[quote name='wubb']Ain't that a pain in the ass? Every time I do a purchase I have to click the choose other payment source option and click that I want to use my CC. Then click through the screen where PayPal tells me all the great 'benefits' of just using my bank account instead.

I wish they would just let me set the CC as my default payment option. (If you can do that when you have a bank account linked as well, I can't figure it out.)[/quote]

But then they have to pay fees to the credit card company. If people just transfer money from their bank or paypal balance, they make loads of money from fees.

[quote name='wubb']Ain't that a pain in the ass? Every time I do a purchase I have to click the choose other payment source option and click that I want to use my CC. Then click through the screen where PayPal tells me all the great 'benefits' of just using my bank account instead.

I wish they would just let me set the CC as my default payment option. (If you can do that when you have a bank account linked as well, I can't figure it out.)[/quote]

You can change the settings for default payment options, I am to lazy to log onto Pay Pal (lol) but it's pretty simple and you can't miss it.

You don't have to add funds from your CC. When you pay just choose to use your CC as the source of funds for your payment.

I doubt they let you simply add funds to your account from your CC.

I'll check again and see if I can figure out how to make the CC my default source. I thought I had tried to do that, but when I went to pay it still made the bank account my default source.

bread's done
Back