paypal unconfirmed address - possible scammer? ebay related

tehweezner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
so this guy paid for an under $100 item via paypal, i look and he has an unconfirmed address. first time that's happened to me.

in the payment notes he told me to change the name of the addresee from Sebastian Arlegui /FastPack Cour to LHS - MARCO AVILA

the address he gave me is in Florida, however when i checked his ebay page, markito7601, he's listed as being in PERU.

he has mostly recent feedback, like a day or two ago, and a few from older transactions.

anyways i'm going to message him to explain his situation, any thing i should keep in mind?

thanks

Just don't lose sight of the picture- you want your money, though I doubt this will turn into something. Keep hold of his personal information, too.

Also, I think this belongs in the auctions section.

First of all any time you send to an unconfirmed, the buyer could simply said they didnt get the item and get his money back.

Could be legit. Sounds like he actually lives in Peru but uses a courier located in Florida to ship him stuff, might be cheaper.

A quick search of LHS peru yielded this which appears to be a really crappy website for a logistics and shipping company located in Peru.

You could always send a message to a few people he bought from before.

I have dealt with the same situation. Say you are sorry you only ship in the US. I wouldn't ship it. It is legit more than likely, but mail courers that forward mail arent' very reliable so you could get screwed regardless.

i sent a message expressing my concerns, we'll see what happens from there...

and if i end up returning his payment, i still have to pay for final value fees and listing fees huh?

[quote name='tehweezner']and if i end up returning his payment, i still have to pay for final value fees and listing fees huh?[/quote]
There is only one way to get fees back from ebay.

[quote name='"http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/bidders_request_credit.html"']
  1. Filed a Non-Paying Bidder Alert between 7 and 45 days after your listing ended; and
  2. Tried unsuccessfully to resolve things with your bidder for 10 days after you filed the Non-Paying Bidder Alert form.
If you've followed these steps, you can request a Final Value Fee credit. A refund will be credited to your account within 48 hours.
If you relist the item, you may also qualify for Insertion Fee credit. Learn more[/quote]

bread's done
Back