Paypal Virtual Credit Card

Flyersfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Can anyone that uses this please tell me how you download it?

I've tried everything, but everytime I click on the download button it takes me back to my profile.

I really, really want to use this but I can't figure out how.

I didnt download it but I tried clicking on the DOWNLOAD button and a little window popped up with the file to download. So theres no problem on their end.

[quote name='iazybandit']I didnt download it but I tried clicking on the DOWNLOAD button and a little window popped up with the file to download. So theres no problem on their end.[/quote]

I was thinking it might be the type of account I have?

I have a personal account, maybe you need a premire (I think thats the next upgrade) account? Is that what you have?

It doesn't work for me in IE or Firefox.

I think you need to have two backup fund sources, and that might be my problem. I only have my bank account linked to paypal, I'm gonna try to add my Credit Card now. I heard that also confirms your address, and that might be a problem as well, although it does have my address as the primary shipping address.

Only the beta needed to be downloaded. The full version is implemented into their site.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/shop/vdebit

Just type in the web address and hit search, it should make a popup window with your Virtual information. Works better with Firefox for me.

Just a warning though; the Virtual card does NOT generate a CVC number; so you cant use it with any sites that require a CVC (Google Checkout :bomb:)

[quote name='Bezerker']Only the beta needed to be downloaded. The full version is implemented into their site.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/shop/vdebit

Just type in the web address and hit search, it should make a popup window with your Virtual information. Works better with Firefox for me.

Just a warning though; the Virtual card does NOT generate a CVC number; so you cant use it with any sites that require a CVC (Google Checkout :bomb:)[/quote]

bassec said that the beta generates the CVC.

I found the eligibility requirements

You can find the eligibility requirements in the Virtual Debit Card User Agreement, available as a PDF and linked from this page:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_vdc-intro
However, you must log in to view that page, and it might not work for non-US accounts, so I'll copy in the "Eligibility" section here:

1. Eligibility
1.1. The Services:
At this time, the Services are offered to select United States PayPal users only. Users that wish to use the Services have to download the Services software (“the Software”) to their computer, and will be able to use the Services only from a computer on which the Software has been installed. If you install the Software and don’t meet the eligibility requirements for the PayPal Virtual Debit Card service set out in section 1.2 below, you may only use the Form Fill and the Fraud Site Alert function.

1.2. The PayPal Virtual Debit Card Service:
To be eligible to use the PayPal Virtual Debit Card Service you will need to complete the following requirements:
- Have at least one of the following attached to your PayPal account: PayPal Buyer Credit, PayPal Plus Credit Card or a Verified bank account
- Have a confirmed address on file with your PayPal account.
- Upon review by our account review department be deemed as being an active member in good standing within the PayPal community, and any other criteria otherwise determined by PayPal from time to time.

As far as I can tell, you can only download & install the VDC software if your account has been selected to participate in the beta. Otherwise, you can access the intro page, FAQs, and User Agreement, but can't initiate the software download or use the VDC program with your account.

bread's done
Back