paypal Your account access is limited

bigballin23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
I sent a fellow member money for 48hr trial code right after they put the limit on my account. I had to give them all sorts of info. Just wondering if someone else had this happenend before its very frustrating. Hopefully it will be over with very soon. Sorry for the font change have no clue how I did that:lol:

[quote name='bigballin23']I sent a fellow member money for 48hr trial code right after they put the limit on my account. I had to give them all sorts of info. Just wondering if someone else had this happenend before its very frustrating. Hopefully it will be over with very soon. Sorry for the font change have no clue how I did that:lol:
[/QUOTE]

Who did you give all sorts of info?

Also if you have any bank accounts or credit cards on file with paypal I'd check them immediately. Second step would be to notify your financial institutions if you suspect that your info is in the wrong hands.

Yes it's happened to me too, it is a very annoying process and was unexpected in my case which caused me to get several compliants filed againist me on Ebay due to lack of payment.

Paypal was very particular on which documents needed to be scanned and emailed to them, an image of my drivers license which I thought was clear they said was blurry and I had to do it over many times.

I had to wait several business days for a response each time on whether my images were clear enough, I am very glad this is over and done with now.

Best of luck to you.

[quote name='Naruto Uzumaki']They want you SSN card, drivers license, and a bill with you name and address if I am not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

My sarcasm detector may be broken, but you really did this?

[quote name='Naruto Uzumaki']They want you SSN card, drivers license, and a bill with you name and address if I am not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

you may want to check on that man because it sounds like someone stole all your info no business should be privy to that much of your personal info and you should never give that much out.

I hope you two are trolling, otherwise you just lost your identities and money and are completely fucked.

I went through this crap with PayPal. It was caused when one of my buddies paid me under the category of goods sold. PayPal wanted a picture of the goods that were sold, tracking information, and an affidavit from my buddy.

When I told PayPal this was for hockey league dues, they suspended my account. I spent a 4 hours on the phone with them (literally, talking to 14 different people, on ONE CALL... my boss was not happy that day). Finally, they cleared it up by putting me on a 3 year probation, making me mail them a copy of my driver's license, a copy of a current utility bill, and a signed, notarized statement from my buddy with his information.

They also sent a postcard to me in which I had to log on a website and type a code from the postcard..

[quote name='iambeaker']
They also sent a postcard to me in which I had to log on a website and type a code from the postcard..[/QUOTE]

And I take it you became fed up and stopped doing business with this company?

I'm awesome like that!
22.gif

[quote name='iambeaker']I went through this crap with PayPal. It was caused when one of my buddies paid me under the category of goods sold. PayPal wanted a picture of the goods that were sold, tracking information, and an affidavit from my buddy.

When I told PayPal this was for hockey league dues, they suspended my account. I spent a 4 hours on the phone with them (literally, talking to 14 different people, on ONE CALL... my boss was not happy that day). Finally, they cleared it up by putting me on a 3 year probation, making me mail them a copy of my driver's license, a copy of a current utility bill, and a signed, notarized statement from my buddy with his information.

They also sent a postcard to me in which I had to log on a website and type a code from the postcard..[/QUOTE]

This is why I don't use Paypal. The worst company ever created.

My horror story with them started a few years back when I used to sell Transformers from my collection on ebay. Small time seller, selling maybe $50 a month. I had a buyer from NYC buy a set of figures off of me, mailed them out, then next thing I know Paypal is contacting me saying the buyer wanted a full refund, and that they figures were trashed on arrival.

Sent paypal all kinds of photo's I took of the toys prior to mailing, yet they froze my account and refunded the guy. I eventually received the figures back, all smashed to bits with wrench marks all over them, like he tried prying them apart and it left tool teeth mark imprints on the plastic. So I spent hours on the phone again with someone that barely spoke english, then got transferred to a supervisor, again who barely spoke english, only to be suddenly told that there was another account, in my name, that was also linked to a different eBay account, and that on that account I owed them over $2000 on unsent merchandise. When I asked for specific details on this she couldn't give me any. Couldn't tell me the email address of the account, the physical address listed for that account, no info on dates, no info on the supposed merchandise, no info of any kind other than I owed them money on this other account, and that if I wanted access to my money, only had like $10 left in my account when it got frozen, I'd have to pay.

After that pretty much told her to go F-herself and have never used either service since. To this day have never gotten another email or anything in the mail from them again.

Come to think of it, I haven't used my Paypal account in a long time. And since I also share a hatred of them, I just went ahead and closed my account. No reason to have it sitting there waiting to be stolen or something.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Is there any good alternative to PayPal?[/QUOTE]

Postal Money order comes in mind, of course it requires the actual item to be sent via mail.

Paypal make things a lot quicker, but when problems arise, it can be a very big pain to deal with.

bread's done
Back