PC AMD/ATI Build Assistance

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
Greetings, I've been looking into possibly canceling my PS4 preorder and just upgrading my pc instead. I kind of feel like I would get more use out of my pc being upgraded. I am on it all the time anyway and it would be faster, etc. I thought AMD/ATI would be the best option because from what I understand it is cheaper than Intel. I have tried asking a few of my friends about this but they haven't been much help so I thought I would try here.

This is what my current pc has in it. (I'm not 100% sure on the motherboard)

Motherboard: eMachines EMCP73VT-PM
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670
CPU: Pentium Dual-Core E5400 2.70GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR2

I know for sure I would likely need a case and would want a solid state drive. But other than that I do not know too much or if this is really a good idea even lol. Any input and thoughts would be greatful.

Also to note I would ideally like to get most of what I can on Amazon because if I cancel my PS4 preorder I will have $560 in credit on there.

Thanks for all your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems very underpowered to me. Edit: Is this what you have now, or what you want to build?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maximum PC magazine had an article this month about building an AMD Gaming Rig for under $650.  I don't think the article is on their website yet, but you can probably snag a copy of the magazine anywhere.

bread's done
Back