PC: America's Army 3 (FREE!) Steam/BigDownload(?)

spuffin

CAGiversary!
The free game, America's Army 3 has been released today. Steam's site is currently getting hammered - so I haven't been able to decrypt my files yet. I also noticed on the official site that the game was also available from Big Download. I have no experience with Big Download so maybe someone else can provide some insight there.

Without further adieu:
Download from Steam
Download from Big Download

header.jpg

About the Game

Download AA3 Today and Become a Member of the elite America's Army Team!

Start playing America's Army 3 today. America's Army fans and new players alike can now experience America's Army 3, the official U.S. Army game, which has more authentic military elements including training, technology, weapons, and audio than any other military game.

Built on Unreal Engine 3, AA3 delivers stunningly realistic characters, environments, lighting effects, animations, and team-based experiences. In the game where Every Detail Counts™, players are bound by Rules of Engagement (ROE) and gain experience as you navigate challenges in team-based, multiplayer, force-on-force operations. With 15 different map/mission combinations and exclusive advanced training that allows you to unlock new abilities and customize your gear, you'll experience Soldiering in the U.S. Army like never before.

Find strength like no other in a game like no other. Start your mission now!

Not really a deal per say, since the America's Army series [on PC] has always been a free download and I haven't heard of any plans to monetize AA3.

I got the suffering from big download and area 51 and they both were kick ass games for free. Big download is a legit site.

[quote name='s2k']Big download is a legit site.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Big Download is a sister-site to Joystiq.

i'd suggest waiting a bit before playing... auth servers are being more than overwhelmed - it is essentially a bloodbath due to the number of people trying to play. Training does NOT save, so once again, wait at least until tomorrow if you wish not to shoot your computer (or yourself) from having to redo the training over... and over... and over.

They have the auth. servers running FINALLY. However, the game still locks up constantly. Have fun actually getting into training or multiplayer without it freezing on the menu screen.

[quote name='VipFREAK']This game has always been a big fat FAIL. This is no exception.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember trying the get the first one to work when it was released and it was a major headache. This one is no different. It made me remember why I hate this series.

Also, its running on the Unreal 3 engine, and even with everything maxed, it looks like ass. The game has no anti-aliasing at all, you cant even force it if you want.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I hear this game is bugged out the ass. I haven't played it yet though.[/QUOTE]I can confirm this. After each training mission the game would crash for me. I don't think I'll be playing this game again until it's patched.

Is there a real game to this, or is it multiplayer only?

Regarding that Area 51 download, I think I downloaded that from somewhere, but never installed it because I was worried about whether it had weird DRM or ad software or something in it :whistle2:/

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is there a real game to this, or is it multiplayer only?

Regarding that Area 51 download, I think I downloaded that from somewhere, but never installed it because I was worried about whether it had weird DRM or ad software or something in it :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Its multiplayer only, aside from the training missions.

yeah buggy as balls right now...never seen this problem with the last two games...will have to wait a few weeks

I played a version awhile ago. It sucked, I am assuming this version will suck too. I mean I guess it is ok if you are so cheapass you maximum spending limit is $1 (because Unreal Anthology is $2 :lol:), but compared to CoD 4, Battlefield 2, etc there is no comparison.

[quote name='RoarkIndustries']Still worth a post, wouldn't you say, per se[/QUOTE]

No. We don't need a post in the Deals section for every freeware game that comes along.

bread's done
Back