PC and xbox360 media center question

grendel19

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Not sure whether to post this question here in the PC forum or Xbox360 forum, but guess I'll try here first.

Hopefully anyone who's knowledgeable with x360 as media extender can help me.

Media center running on my Xbox 360 always crashes whenever I have a non wmv file that is larger than 1.5gb (iso, ts_video, divx, xvid, etc. even a ghost img file once) sitting in one of the shared folders. No problems on the media center PC, only the 360 media center crashes.

Anyone run into a similar problem and understand why? I can't figure it out.

That's because the 360 only likes playing Windows DRM stuff. It doesn't play nice with .avi, xvid, and other file types. Sucks doesn't it?

I know it doesn't play other video codecs, I have transcode360 for that. The media center works fine regularly. I'm just trying to figure out why whenever there's another file type of larger size, it crashes the xbox 360 media center.

And it doesn't even have to be a video file... any file type large enough will crash it.

Well Transcode is still in Beta stages, so that could possibly be an explanation. You would probably get better help on the transcode or xbox scene forums.

bread's done
Back