PC - Batman Arkham Knight + Season Pass for $35.75

lastdinosaur17

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this was an error, and didn't see the deal posted, but CDKeys.com has Batman: Arkham Knight + the entire season pass DLC available for $35! And yes, it's Steam compatible.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/batman-arkham-knight-premium-edition-pc-cd-key-steam

I just bought it just in case they drop the deal. Kids on Reddit are saying CDKeys is a legit site.

-----

Also, it looks like their daily deal has both Arkham Knight + DLC for $24.99!

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/batman-arkham-knight-pc-cd-key-steam

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bought MK X + Season Pass off there

Timing:

Instant delivery

Quirks to the site:

It asks for a cell phone to verify your account via text message before giving you the key

Activation Message:

Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition -- Retail

It does not specify region or any other strangeness

Thoughts:

Since they are doing this for multiple titles, I'd assume they are selling codes at cost or a small loss in order to build an audience in a highly competitive market.

Does anyone have a timeline of how long they have been around?

This is getting insane. Today's CDKeys Daily Deal has Arkham Knight + DLC for $24.99!

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/batman-arkham-knight-pc-cd-key-steam
That's not the premium edition with the season pass that was posted earlier. That's just the base version with the pre-order Harley Quinn DLC.

Thoughts:

Since they are doing this for multiple titles, I'd assume they are selling codes at cost or a small loss in order to build an audience in a highly competitive market.
Well, that price is not reflective of them sacrificing margin. That kind of margin doesn't exist in video games. The FAQ on their website tells you all you need to know -- they buy from "multiple sources" all around the world and provide your key in the form of a scan (i.e. off of a retail box from an economically depressed region) or text (unknown).

There you go.

Region locking DOESNT affect keys. It only affects games bought directly on steam. Its to stop someone buying 10 copies in Russia or wherever VIA THE STEAM STORE and gifting them over steam trading to other regions. Its tiresome to see people still trying to scare people from buying keys with the region lock using false information.

Again, they arent region locking the keys, they are region locking the purchase direct from steam. So unless the developer specifically region locks their game, steam locking doesnt change anything when buying keys from sites like nuuvem, GMG, G2A.

That being said, id advise against CDKeys.com. Its one of the very few places ive had a key revoked from (fallout new vegas). They sold the initial batch of keys, then resold the same keys 6 months later, so when the new customer went to activate and contacted steam, it got pulled. I did get a replacement key, but it was such a pain in the ass to go through their support.
I have bought a key from a private trader and had it retro-actively locked. It was Hitman Sniper Challenge, so that may have been a special case, BUT it was still a key not a steam gift.

So keys can be locked.

Though, I've also had keys that would not activate due to region lock. The message was something like this game is not available in your region.

I have bought a key from a private trader and had it retro-actively locked. It was Hitman Sniper Challenge, so that may have been a special case, BUT it was still a key not a steam gift.
So the game isn't even on your Steam game list?

This is strange because there's no region locked edition of the game listed on SteamDB. Unless a set of specific keys that were sourced from the same place got locked, which has happened (Sniper Elite 3.)

Do you still have the game in your Steam game list? Or was it removed completely?

3Fishy5Me. 

I don't mind waiting for the game of the year edition. Wild Hunt will take me at least that long. 

So keys can be locked.

Though, I've also had keys that would not activate due to region lock. The message was something like this game is not available in your region.
Devs have always had the ability to region lock keys. Hitman sniper challenge was a game that the devs specifically region locked. You probably purchased a Japanese region key, as those were the ones that were notorious for being removed.

What we are talking about is the recent steam changes and their region lock, which only affects steam trading and inventory. Steam cannot make a key region locked unless the dev specifically says so, hence has no change to key selling websites.

So the game isn't even on your Steam game list?

This is strange because there's no region locked edition of the game listed on SteamDB. Unless a set of specific keys that were sourced from the same place got locked, which has happened (Sniper Elite 3.)

Do you still have the game in your Steam game list? Or was it removed completely?
It was on my game list but it would allow me to launch the game.

I had clocked a few hours before that happened.

I had steam remove it because they said if it was on my account I couldn't buy a US copy.

This was...I wanna say like 2012ish?

It was on my game list but it would allow me to launch the game.

I had clocked a few hours before that happened.

I had steam remove it because they said if it was on my account I couldn't buy a US copy.

This was...I wanna say like 2012ish?
Yeah, it was a well known fuckup. Some excuse about it being a leaderboard issue and they were giving away cash prizes, but launched in different regions at different times. They they decided to "Sell" it rather than give it away for free, so they pulled everyones copy who was out of region. Its a very specific case.

Devs have always had the ability to region lock keys. Hitman sniper challenge was a game that the devs specifically region locked. You probably purchased a Japanese region key, as those were the ones that were notorious for being removed.

What we are talking about is the recent steam changes and their region lock, which only affects steam trading and inventory. Steam cannot make a key region locked unless the dev specifically says so, hence has no change to key selling websites.
We are talking about developers losing money because people can buy the game in Russia for $10 and resell the activation key in America for $50. You are being needlessly critical of the situation; the principle is the same, regardless of whether it's a Steam gift or a Steam key. The fact that Steam has region-locked store purchases by default only means that it's become more of an issue than ever, thus buying keys from unknown sources is more questionable than ever.

We are talking about developers losing money because people can buy the game in Russia for $10 and resell the activation key in America for $50. You are being needlessly critical of the situation; the principle is the same, regardless of whether it's a Steam gift or a Steam key. The fact that Steam has region-locked store purchases by default only means that it's become more of an issue than ever, thus buying keys from unknown sources is more questionable than ever.
It has nothing to do with being "needlessly critical". Your spreading false information. Steam have locked STEAM STORE PURCHASES to region specific. This has no effect on a key bought from GMG, CDKeys.com, Nuuvem, G2A, gamestop or anywhere else. It ONLY matters if your purchasing through steam. If you want to debate the morality of it, thats a different matter entirely, but steam locking their own store means nothing when it comes to having keys revoked.

The only way a key bought from those sites will be region locked, is if the developer says so, and they usually give warning. It has NOTHING to do with steams own policy. You claimed it was "fact based speculation", problem is, your facts were wrong. I just wanted to set the record straight.

Good for you, but it's important that everyone knows what they're getting into, don't you think? Being an adult has nothing to do with it.

If you read the thread you could clearly see that many people had questions about the site. It would be irresponsible to allow people to roll the dice without being aware of that with which they are dealing.

Now that everyone knows -- have at it and best of luck! :beer:
That was my point...after seeing four pages of commenters crying I think we all understand the risk, right? or do we need four more pages of the same exact warnings? And yes being an adult means you are solely responsible for your own actions. No one here can be upset if their AK key gets revoked because we were "warned" by the miserable gamer association repeatedly. We get it you want us all to not get this deal and/or our game keys revoked because gamers are a bunch of negative dicks who love to spread their misery.

Never mind all the people who had no problems with this site though, let's just focus on that time sniper elite codes were stolen. let's keep copy/pasta'ing the same points over and over...

Ill bet a shit ton of these are coming from the Nvidia Promo. Whenever they do a free game promo, key resellers list that game for ridiculously low prices. 

GMG has witcher 3 for 38$ right now, When they did Hitman Absolution in the promo, you could pre order it for 23$ from legit places. With assassins creed unity and far cry 4, you could get them for sub 20$ prices. 

Im seeing a pattern here....

That was my point...after seeing four pages of commenters crying I think we all understand the risk, right? or do we need four more pages of the same exact warnings? And yes being an adult means you are solely responsible for your own actions. No one here can be upset if their AK key gets revoked because we were "warned" by the miserable gamer association repeatedly. We get it you want us all to not get this deal and/or our game keys revoked because gamers are a bunch of negative dicks who love to spread their misery.

Never mind all the people who had no problems with this site though, let's just focus on that time sniper elite codes were stolen. let's keep copy/pasta'ing the same points over and over...
I won't speak for anyone else in this thread, but since you've quoted me I'll just say this. I don't care if everyone here buys it. I hope you do and I hope you encounter zero problems. You're dead wrong about my intentions.

I always appreciate full disclosure about the business practices of a retailer from which I'm considering a purchase. I also normally thank those that inform me instead of calling them dicks. :fridge:

Ill bet a shit ton of these are coming from the Nvidia Promo. Whenever they do a free game promo, key resellers list that game for ridiculously low prices.

GMG has witcher 3 for 38$ right now, When they did Hitman Absolution in the promo, you could pre order it for 23$ from legit places. With assassins creed unity and far cry 4, you could get them for sub 20$ prices.

Im seeing a pattern here....
how do you explain the Season Pass?

You didn't inform me of anything though. I bought Mortal Kombat X (another WB published game) for less than $20 off of cdkeys.com a couple weeks back with zero problems. Is it really so hard to believe this is actually just a deal and that's it? I just think a lot more people actually have no problems with this site compared to people who do. If it happens to one game every year or so I'm okay with taking the chance and gambling with my $35.

You didn't inform me of anything though. I bought Mortal Kombat X (another WB published game) for less than $20 off of cdkeys.com a couple weeks back with zero problems. Is it really so hard to believe this is actually just a deal and that's it? I just think a lot more people actually have no problems with this site compared to people who do. If it happens to one game every year or so I'm okay with taking the chance and gambling with my $35.
It's information for the use of all in the thread, Brodown. Not just you specifically. If you're already aware of the way the grey market works, well then none of what I posted applies to you and no one need be offended.

Do I really find it hard to believe that it's just a deal? Well... yeah, frankly, and so does everyone else that understands that this "deal" involves methods of retail that publishers have been trying hard to stop. You're talking about a $100 package for an extremely hot game going for $35 -- on pre-order no less. Find me a legitimate retailer that's going to be allowed to offer a 65% off deal like that on a game that hasn't been released.

It's grey market at best. We all know that, right? Let's not pretend otherwise. It's actually hard for me to reconcile your statement that you already understand how CDKeys.com works with the one you just made saying that it's a legit deal.

Best of luck.

On a related note, THIS site listed below is ALSO great way to find gaming "deals"

EBAY.com

I jumped in for a copy. I have wanted this game, but the season pass price/content made me second guess. This price however was too low to pass up. Does anyone know if this website has refunded people in the past if their cdkeys were revoked or non-working at launch?

i got mk from this site its legit...but you have to get a phone call from them to get a code that you type into the site to get the key...

I jumped in for a copy. I have wanted this game, but the season pass price/content made me second guess. This price however was too low to pass up. Does anyone know if this website has refunded people in the past if their cdkeys were revoked or non-working at launch?
No. They arent an authorized reseller. They sell the keys "as is". When i had my Fallout Vegas key revoked from them, i had to argue with them almost daily for 2 weeks to get a replacement key. Even after admitting it was their own fault, they wouldnt replace the key. In the end i got them to send me a scan of the manual with key, which i forwarded to steam as proof of purchase to replace my game. I cant tell you how lucky i was to get a replacement.

Also, pre ordering this early takes any form of refund out of the question. As they only accept paypal, and you have a 45 day window to dispute. Paypal is notoriously bad at refunds for digital products too. Just know that if something does go wrong, your shit out of luck. Thats the risk you take to save 65+$ on this game .

Okay since you are too Sadpanda to figure it out a shady ass grey market key seller selling unauthorized keys in areas they aren't supposed to be selling to is not "legit" no matter how many Google that for yous you do.

bread's done
Back