PC - Command & Conquer : Red Alert 3 Premier Edition ~ $31

appleyum

CAGiversary!
JR: $27.99 + $2.95 = $30.94 + tax
http://www.jr.com/electronic-arts/pe/EAI_19173/

Gamestop: $29.99 + tax (Use "SAVER" for free shipping)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72434

• This limited edition is packed in a collector's tin with:
  • 5 exclusive multiplayer/skirmish maps
  • Bonus DVD video with over 45 minutes of video: the full-length "Raising the Iron Curtain" making-of movie with exclusive interviews from the star-studded cast, the concept art montage video "From Pens to Pixels", bloopers and outtakes from the cinematics sessions, the "Women of Red Alert 3" montage video, an inside look into the future of Command & Conquer and Red Alert, tips on how to unlock the secrets of each side, directly from the developers, and complete video walk-thru on one of the game's most difficult missions
  • Soundtrack: including exclusive remixes of Hell March and Hell March 2 by From First to Last, plus the all-new Hell March 3
  • "Women of Red Alert 3" Poster
  • Exclusive Beta Key to a future Command & Conquer game
  • Exclusive in-game item for the MMO Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Same price as the regular edition so get it while you can

Don't forget to check out other JR deals
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211163

[Edit]
gunmgunm posted Amazon is having this deal also
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211568

Amazon: $29.99 + tax
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001F6HJIY

Best Buy: $29.99 + tax
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9066217&type=product&id=1218015169642

CDUniverse: $28.95 + $3.99 = $32.94 + tax
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7761033&style=games

QVC: $29.96 + $4.97 = $34.93 + tax
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...d-Conquer-Red-Alert-3-Premier-Edition-Windows

Last edited by a moderator:
With no box, manual, soundtrack, extras, the usual stuff folks buy collector's editions for....ever. ={
Not sure I get Steam. But then again, I'm an old fart.

This is actually a great deal. The helmet that comes free with the game that you can use in Warhammer Online goes for 20 - 30 on ebay practically making the game a STEAL.

Check it here!

I bought the premier edition when it came out and sold the helmet for 30. Practically got the game for 20 bucks after it was all said and done. Selling the helmet for 30 will make this copy FREE.

FREE is the best deal ever.

[quote name='NismoZZzz']This is actually a great deal. The helmet that comes free with the game that you can use in Warhammer Online goes for 20 - 30 on ebay practically making the game a STEAL.

Check it here!

I bought the premier edition when it came out and sold the helmet for 30. Practically got the game for 20 bucks after it was all said and done. Selling the helmet for 30 will make this copy FREE.

FREE is the best deal ever.[/QUOTE]
LOL the winning bid is more expensive than Red Alert 3

Thank you OP, just bought 2 for my wife and I. This game supposedly has a coop campaign. Can't wait to try that out.

[quote name='bigwoof']do you guys really use the special bonuses? i usualy hide them in the closet and the rats eat it[/quote]

That's what usually happens to my limited/exclusive/special/you're-a-sucker edition stuff.

Surprised this got posted, or at least that there was no warning-this has activation. You don't own it.

As for the in-game item for Warhammer, the person has until April to activate it. It's written on the back of the box. So don't hold onto the code for too long if you plan on ebaying the code.

I might just pick this up. Missed out on the Best Buy deal a couple of weeks ago and I would perfer this collector's edition, though I never actually care for the "extras."

The music CD included supposedly has some bad issues with skipping and pops at the start of each track. Also the install limits and activation method is rather cumbersome, but at $30 it's tempting to get this edition instead of the Steam one. The question is, is the extra DRM worth it for the extras included...

Dang, I just bought a 360 off Dell and now I'm buying this. I think I'm done with CAG for the weekend, my wallet can't take much more, lol!

[quote name='zionoverfire']Tempting, although I'm sure an expansion pack will be coming quickly and by this time next year an ultimate pack will be available for $30.[/quote]

Aye, buy now, and the expansion will cost you extra. Wait, and you'll save money... at least a little. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

I bit on this one. I wasn't willing to pay more than 40 bucks for RA3, so I'm glad to see the limited version drop. Thanks for posting the deal!

[quote name='Salamando3000']Actually, the first expansion is already coming quickly...it's coming along in March, is Direct-Download ONLY, and does not require the first game to play. Seems the preferred method of expansion for Red Alert 3 is to release a lot of mini-expansions, allowing users to pick which ones they want (while raping their wallet).

http://www.commandandconquer.com/po...ntId=a205dd7a313be110VgnVCM100000100d2c0aRCRD[/quote]

Yep. You can get RA3 + the expansion preorder from Direct2Drive for $45. Personally, I'd rather wait for the Steam version...

[quote name='hypermog']Aye, buy now, and the expansion will cost you extra. Wait, and you'll save money... at least a little. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM![/quote]

hahaha

[quote name='howlinmad']With no box, manual, soundtrack, extras, the usual stuff folks buy collector's editions for....ever. ={
Not sure I get Steam. But then again, I'm an old fart.[/QUOTE]

Steam version of RA3 has Steam's DRM only (good move, EA), while RA3's Retails version has the Securom Internet Limited Install DRM (ewww!). For RA3 Retail Version, it would be nice if EA removes the install limitations, the activation process, and/or just remove the entire shoddy protection entirely -- the latter would be the ultimate option for gamers.

Sometimes, buying the Steam version's the better option. Sometimes -- especially during their weekend sale deals or say their last After X-Mas Sale -- the prices are much cheaper there AND you only have to deal with Steam's protection; which sure, has its pros and cons, but I'll take that over Securom Internet Edition (with or without Limited Installs), Tages Internet Edition (with or without limited installs), AND the nasty-as-sin StarForce.

About Steam, I think it's real strength is for finding games that you can't find on the shelves in stores -- whether the game's old so it's hard to find, the game is just no longer in print, or the brand new game is sold out everywhere, or whatever the case might be. Same goes for Impulse, too. I find this is especially true for GOG.com, who often has VERY hard finds -- and better yet, without any DRM period attached to them, too.

Also, since Valve's very own games come with barely anything in the box these days for their PC version (you won't get manuals, extras, etc etc -- i.e. see HL2, HL2 Episodes, Orange Box, Left 4 Dead) if you buy it in Retail Outlets, it really doesn't matter if you're buy it in store off Steam directly to download it, honestly -- you're still barely gonna get any content in the retail box. And Valve is slick, doing that purposely to make it easier for you to opt directly for their Steam version of their game.

[quote name='MysterD']Steam version of RA3 has Steam's DRM only (good move, EA), while RA3's Retails version has the Securom Internet Limited Install DRM (ewww!). For RA3 Retail Version, it would be nice if EA removes the install limitations, the activation process, and/or just remove the entire shoddy protection entirely -- the latter would be the ultimate option for gamers.[/quote]

Patch 1.05 essentially removed the install limit by allowing the user to deactivate a previous install so thats been dealt with. That is of course, unless you're some oddball or moron who plays/defends their right to play their games on 6 consecutive PCs at once. In that case, you'd still have a problem. I find it hard to compare the 2 personally. With the steam version you must be logged in to play, so you can only play on one PC at any given time anyway, but apparently this is acceptable. With the retail version you can play on up to 5 PCs simutaniously WITHOUT the disc and have to deactivate an install in order to install it on a sixth, seventh, eighth PC and so on. The latter is apparently much worse and, according to some, kills baby puppies. I personally dont get how steam is better than the retail version other than being simply handy to use, but YMMV.

JR.com is sold out, which sucks because I live in NYC and shipping from them only takes a business day or two usually. Bit on the one from Gamestop though. Thanks OP!

I am sorry Red Alert 3 sucks balls, seriously

Soviets, Japan, and the Allies, totally dumb units

Dogs, Bears, and Dolphins, its so cartoony and the 360 version is Borderline Unplayable screen tearing, and like a terrible resolutions to play it.

Wait for

Halo Wars

or

WarHammer 40000 II or

StarCraft 2

these should be excellent RTS's

[quote name='Ice Cold']I am sorry Red Alert 3 sucks balls, seriously

Soviets, Japan, and the Allies, totally dumb units

Dogs, Bears, and Dolphins, its so cartoony and the 360 version is Borderline Unplayable screen tearing, and like a terrible resolutions to play it.[/quote]

seriously? red alert never really was a "serious" rts. Going back in time to kill hitler as the preface? haha thats good stuff! Look at the movies, look at the acting, remember the giant ants in the first one? The tesla coil being used as a WEAPON? you want a serious rts go with AOE, Sins, or Total Anihilation.

as for your 360 problem? its on the 360...nuff said. It was MADE for the PC. the 360 was just an attempt for some xtra monies.

Gamestop is sold out too. I'm assuming this should be $30 B&M too? The store locator says there's a few nearby that have it, I definitely wouldn't mind it for that price.

[quote name='qwerty1']With the steam version you must be logged in to play, so you can only play on one PC at any given time anyway, but apparently this is acceptable[/quote]

I was able to play some games, offline obviously, using offline mode. It's quite easy to use a steam account simultaneously on multiple pcs, but only for single player/offline modes. Also, if you start a game and you log in again on another pc, you simply get signed off but are still able to play the game; not sure how well this works for all games. Just a FYI for people who were worried. Personally, the 5 install limit doesn't bother me as long as I get them back when I uninstall the game. Hopefully I can get the game soon from JR and sell that helmet code for an even sweeter deal.

[quote name='Demise_Angel']Use code "saver" at gamestop to get free snail shipping. =o) Thanks OP, I got one.[/QUOTE]
Weird I couldn't get Free shipping code working when I was posting it. Well it doesn't matter now since it's sold out at gamestop:whistle2:#

The cd is great. I don't know where you heard it has problems. And to the person that posted about selling the code on ebay, THANK YOU SO MUCH

The SAVER shipping only works on used items I thought, same as CAG16?

bread's done
Back