[PC] Gamefly End of the World Sale! XCOM $25; Walking Dead $12

mtommy79

CAGiversary!
d_holiday_2012_sale_day1.jpg

The apocalypse is upon us in only 11 days, if you believe in that sort of thing, and GameFly wants you playing games to the bitter end. In its "Not so Scary End of the World" sale, the company will be offering sales on a new batch of games every two days, starting today.

The first batch of games will be on sale for 48 hours, and include The Walking Dead and XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

http://www.gamefly.com/download-gam...,150105,150360,5003915,5004241,150175,5004637

Sale Starts on 12/10/12 and Ends 12/24/12 at 11:59 PM PST
Crysis Maximum Edition $7.50

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition $15

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $2.50

The Walking Dead $12.50 *Activates via Steam*

XCOM: Enemy Unknown $25 *Activates via Steam*

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut $5
Other games that will be coming in future sales through December 21 include Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Torchlight 2, Borderlands 2, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Darksiders 2, Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3. A last chance sale will be held on December 22-24, if we are all still here....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tsigo']Ordered The Walking Dead, immediately receive this e-mail.

[phone verification required]

What the fuck is this shit?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='darksurtur']Me too. Seriously? For a $9.99 digital goods purchase?[/QUOTE]

Me too! And their phone verification is terrible. They're only open M-F from 12:00 pm CST to 4:00 pm CST but they don't pick up their phone during that time. They also will randomly call to verify but if you try to call their number right back, you get the generic "our phone support is currently closed." I tried doing online chat 3 times but it just makes you wait in a queue for 5 minutes only to say that no agent is available and to try back later. This is insane!

[quote name='KidInTheHall']Anyone know if Crysis activates on Steam, it doesn't say but I know some don't always do.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well. I have this on PS3 but I'd be willing to pick it up for PC just to see the improved visuals if I can activate though Steam for under $7.00.

EDIT: If it does NOT activate on Steam...will it at least activate on Origin?

[quote name='Chemosh013']Me too! And their phone verification is terrible. They're only open M-F from 12:00 pm CST to 4:00 pm CST but they don't pick up their phone during that time. They also will randomly call to verify but if you try to call their number right back, you get the generic "our phone support is currently closed." I tried doing online chat 3 times but it just makes you wait in a queue for 5 minutes only to say that no agent is available and to try back later. This is insane![/QUOTE]

Yep, random phone call I couldn't answer; stupid callback hours. It's not worth it for me, and I'll just let them cancel my order.

[quote name='darksurtur']Yep, random phone call I couldn't answer; stupid callback hours. It's not worth it for me, and I'll just let them cancel my order.[/QUOTE]

Email them at [email protected] and have them call you. It's completely stupid but it's quick. They verify your billing address, last 4 of the credit card, and the name of the game you purchase. It makes no sense!

I seem to vaguely recall they did this randomly some time ago when they were Direct2Drive before Gamefly bought them. It's somewhat of a nuisance but easily enough resolved. *shrug*

I only had to do it the one time then I have bought games here and there from them over the past year or so since that happened and have not ever had to do it since.

[quote name='DarthVicious82']I'd like to know this as well. I have this on PS3 but I'd be willing to pick it up for PC just to see the improved visuals if I can activate though Steam for under $7.00.

EDIT: If it does NOT activate on Steam...will it at least activate on Origin?[/QUOTE]
It activates through Origin but only through contacting customer support. I had a physical CD copy, called support and had it activated on Origin with no problems.

But honestly don't bother, unless you like the look of another game in you library. It uses securom so you get limited activation no matter what. I don't know what gamefly's policies are for CD-keys but I'd say wait and get on Amazon, sense they will replace your CD-key if you run out of activations

[quote name='Darker']It activates through Origin but only through contacting customer support. I had a physical CD copy, called support and had it activated on Origin with no problems.

But honestly don't bother, unless you like the look of another game in you library. It uses securom so you get limited activation no matter what. I don't know what gamefly's policies are for CD-keys but I'd say wait and get on Amazon, sense they will replace your CD-key if you run out of activations[/QUOTE]

Wow. This is the first time I've actually be talked OUT of a deal on CAG. Thank you very much though. I guess I'll just stick to my PS3 copy and wait for some crazy deal on Amazon or Steam.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Email them at [email protected] and have them call you. It's completely stupid but it's quick. They verify your billing address, last 4 of the credit card, and the name of the game you purchase. It makes no sense![/QUOTE]

Unless, of course, I am not available by phone during business hours for work reasons. TWD will be on sale for $10 elsewhere before too long, I just don't care enough to bother.

bread's done
Back