(PC) Gamersgate | Extraterrestrial Week

Pheace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)

A semi-random selection of games @ Gamersgate that may be interesting to some. At least they're cheap :cool:

Action Ball 2 $3.48
Alien Nations - $1.98
Alien Shooter - $2.00
Alien Shooter Revisited - $2.00
Alien Shooter 2 Reloaded - $1.98
Alien vs Predators Classic 2000 - $2.50
Aliens in the Attic - $5.00
Clutch - $7.98
Dead Meets Lead - $9.95
Dead Space $7.98
Evoly $4.98
Harbinger - $3.98 (€1.98)
Hedgehogs in Space - $4.98
Hyperballoid 2 - $3.48
Lunnye Devitsy - $1.12
Precursors - $14.98 (Hear a lot of good things about this one)
Rat Hunter - $3.98
Sky Taxi 1-3 ~$3.50 each
Smash Frenzy 1-4 $4.98 Each
Spore - $7.98
Steam Slug $6.98
Strike Ball 3 #3.48
The Nations Gold - $3.98
They are Alive! - $6.98
Terra Farmers $6.99
UFO Extraterrestrials - €$2.99

[quote name='Pheace']
Precursors - $14.98 (Hear a lot of good things about this one)
[/QUOTE]

Their earlier game Boiling Point was hugely ambitious and a great laugh (in a badly-translated, B-movie sort of way), so Precursors sounds interesting.

But I'll be waiting for a version without StarForce, and maybe a bit cheaper too (BP was enjoyable as a $2 bargain-bin find, but the price helped a lot).

PS: There's an icon for windows/PC deal threads, makes it a lot easier to spot than just "(PC)" in the title. I don't know if you can edit the OP to change the icon after posting, though. And thanks for the heads up on the sale.

I would recommend Precursors for sure. The thing is that it DOES have Starforce DRM (for those whom mind it) and the Gamersgate version was an attempt at English localization that went awry, namely that the same three or four male voice actors that were hired voice all of the NPCs, including at least one woman. A fantastic fan patch, available at the game's official forums (plenty of well-spoken English speakers to be found there), fixes this noticable issue and others without radically changing the game with new content, etc. The game also has mouse acceleration, but this can be disabled (info on this is widely available at the game's official forums).

As for the game itself, it is something of an open world FPS which made me think of the STALKER games, but with the added perk of being a le to drive mechs and starships as you explore planets. I have not played it TOO much yet... bought it a few days ago at full price (figures, lol)... but I am satisfied, once I applied the patch that I mentioned.

bread's done
Back