PC games for credit/cash?

QuiteBitterBeing

CAGiversary!
I've called Gamestop, EB Games, and I'm getting the same answer. Is there a store where I can get some sort of credit/cash for PC games?

note: eBay is out of the question. This is for convenience.

update: FYE doesn't take them either. Damn, a lot has changed.

[quote name='QuiteBitterBeing']I've called Gamestop, EB Games, and I'm getting the same answer. Is there a store where I can get some sort of credit/cash for PC games?

note: eBay is out of the question. This is for convenience.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Ebay is the only option in this day and age, unfortunately.

[quote name='Roufuss']Sorry, Ebay is the only option in this day and age, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Say it isn't so. In the bulk of my games there are no online specific titles with accounts tied to them. They're all single player/multiplayer. I'm guessing it's because of the CD-key situation?

[quote name='QuiteBitterBeing']Say it isn't so. In the bulk of my games there are no online specific titles with accounts tied to them. They're all single player/multiplayer. I'm guessing it's because of the CD-key situation?[/QUOTE]

More likely, its because places like EB/Gamestop that used to take them are now looking to milk people with the sale of direct download versions of those games.

[quote name='KillingMachine']More likely, its because places like EB/Gamestop that used to take them are now looking to milk people with the sale of direct download versions of those games.[/quote]

Have you ever tried to get a CD key for any game when it's already been used? Most companies say that you're s.o.l., but Valve's nice. All you have to do is take a picture of yourself with the game and CD key and reciept and they'll take a week or two and MAYBE reinstate the code.

[quote name='reibeatall']Have you ever tried to get a CD key for any game when it's already been used? Most companies say that you're s.o.l., but Valve's nice. All you have to do is take a picture of yourself with the game and CD key and reciept and they'll take a week or two and MAYBE reinstate the code.[/quote]... but if you bought the game used, or off eBay, then you're screwed. They don't want second-hand users to reuse CDkeys.

bread's done
Back