PC Help (Again) PC freezing

SteveMcQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I like to keep my PC running overnight instead of the off and on thing all day. Anyway, I notice it keeps freezing at certain points overnight. I just have WMP10 running. (I just turn off the speakers so I can turn them on and have music in the morning.) At times, it runs fine overnight, but when I pull up another program (usually Firefox) it'll just crash as explained below.

Sometimes when I turn it on the sound will be skipping and the visuals and the clock will be stuck. Sometimes everything's just frozen. No inputs taken, nothing. What could it be?

I checked my RAM, that's all good. It's not overheating. It's not a virus. It's only started doing it and I haven't installed anything new on it. Thanks for the help.

Does it freeze without WMP running? Maybe try a night of using Winamp or something. I guess you prefer WMP, but try out something else just to narrow down the problem.

Nah, it's Musical Color Night Lights. And I do prefer WMP since everything's there already. I'm trying other ways to trackit down exactly, but i don't know what else to do. Is there a program that logs all the processes, etc. so I know what happens up until it freezes?

bread's done
Back