[PC/Mac]Newegg.com: Aspyr Mac sale(with steamplay titles) CoD 2 - $4.99

Schizophriend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
First deal post. Searched and didn't find it anywhere. It says Mac on the site, but most are are Steamplay titles so should work fine on PC as well. I know there was a stacksocial deal on CoD 4 recently for Mac and that worked fine for people with PCs. 

Call of Duty 2 [Mac; Steamplay] - $4.99

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [Mac; Steamplay] - $4.99

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition [Mac; Steamplay] - $4.99

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - [Mac; Steamplay] - $2.49

Call of Duty: Black Ops [Mac only] - $12.49

-[Mac] Blops Map packs also 75% off found in the link below

Steamplay = PC + Mac; buy once, play on both platforms.

*Edit: I bought, redeemed, installed, and played Call of Duty 2 on PC and can confirm it works perfectly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they are Steam keys.  If they work like the COD4 Mac keys from Stacked Social, activating the key on Steam should net you the PC version. 

I'm interested to know for sure though.  I miss COD 2.  Great SP and MP was a game of pure skill...before perks, mini maps, UAV, etc. 

Bought Call of Duty 2 and it activated as "Call of Duty 2 Retail". Started download and will let it run over night. Hopefully it will be done by morning (I have 1MB download speeds) and I can confirm working on PC. I'm sure it will work fine though.

I also got the CoD 4 from Stacksocial, so I'm not worried about this.

BLOPS1 seems like a Steamplay game...it lists in the disclaimer, "Steam account required for game activation and installation."

Shouldn't BLOPS function just like COD 2 & 4 on Steam?

Found this: http://blog.gameagent.com/aspyr-mac-faqs-bioshock-infinite/

Q: Will BioShock Infinite for Mac support Steam Play?

Yes! Purchasing the Steam version of the game on the Mac will also give you access to the PC version at no extra charge (and vice versa).

This will NOT work for copies of the game purchased on the Mac App Store. (Please note that any copy of the game purchased outside the Mac App Store will give you the “Steam version.”)
Seems like these codes give you access to both games on Steam. Take a shot I suppose?

Bought Call of Duty 2 and it activated as "Call of Duty 2 Retail". Started download and will let it run over night. Hopefully it will be done by morning (I have 1MB download speeds) and I can confirm working on PC. I'm sure it will work fine though.

I also got the CoD 4 from Stacksocial, so I'm not worried about this.
Thanks for taking one for the team! =) Sounds good enough for me...I'm in!

BLOPS1 seems like a Steamplay game...it lists in the disclaimer, "Steam account required for game activation and installation."

Shouldn't BLOPS function just like COD 2 & 4 on Steam?
It is a steam key, but it is not a "steamplay" title. Steamplay means "buy once, play on both mac and pc."

Notice how Blops is listed as separate versions. There is a link to the mac version on the page here on steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42700/?snr=1_7_15__13

And then on CoD 2 there is the little steamplay icon indicating you only need to buy it once in order to play it on mac and pc:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2630/?snr=1_7_15__13

*Edit: Also it looks like the 2K sale is over. I must have caught it near the end. Aspyr sale is still going though.

I just ordered the Force Unleashed, how did you get your code already?  They are shipping me mine it seems.

I just got the confirmation e-mail and it says online delivery and to expect it under an hour.  Looks like I was jumping the gun :D

It is a steam key, but it is not a "steamplay" title. Steamplay means "buy once, play on both mac and pc."

Notice how Blops is listed as separate versions. There is a link to the mac version on the page here on steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/42700/?snr=1_7_15__13

And then on CoD 2 there is the little steamplay icon indicating you only need to buy it once in order to play it on mac and pc:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2630/?snr=1_7_15__13

*Edit: Also it looks like the 2K sale is over. I must have caught it near the end. Aspyr sale is still going though.

Ahhh.....got it, thanks. Jumping on COD2!

I just ordered the Force Unleashed, how did you get your code already? They are shipping me mine it seems.

I just got the confirmation e-mail and it says online delivery and to expect it under an hour. Looks like I was jumping the gun :D
I was tooking at TFU too, but that 30GB install is scary as hell! :lol:

Lol I know, but it has been forever since it was on sale on Steam and I kicked myself for not getting it and TFU II when they were both on sale.  Thank you for pointing this sale out and making it known that this would work on PC.  I just got my code and it seemed to activate just fine.

I would like to try MW, can't load the product page though.  Is the community still active?  Some people seemed pretty positive about it with the dedicated servers etc.  I might get 2 copies if so.

For anyone that grabs COD2...check out this gore mod called, Merciless Matador.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlwPqYtptvE

Awesome thanks.  Anyone find it weird we are getting a CoD game at 75% off when the best we can usually hope for is 50%?  Is there some bundles coming up?

Awesome thanks. Anyone find it weird we are getting a CoD game at 75% off when the best we can usually hope for is 50%? Is there some bundles coming up?
COD games rarely get sales. These are sales done by Aspyr which publish the Mac version of the games. Fortunately for us, they're Steamplay games though.

Last time anything COD related was on sale during one of Steams big sale events, it was for only 50% off. I believe this was before BLOPS2 released. Since then, nothing on Steam. Only retail game sales. Activision blows like that... ;)

EDIT: Got my code a bit ago, activated with no issues. Installing COD2...should be done in about 30 min.

Ok so it is the Aspyr thing that is doing it.  The last time I saw a CoD game at 75% was MW2 from Amazon and I was in Venice :( 

I'm just all hesitant since when I buy something, shortly after it is either included in a Humble Bundle or Amazon bundle (any word from Tony for Christmas sales?).

Ok so it is the Aspyr thing that is doing it. The last time I saw a CoD game at 75% was MW2 from Amazon and I was in Venice :(

I'm just all hesitant since when I buy something, shortly after it is either included in a Humble Bundle or Amazon bundle (any word from Tony for Christmas sales?).
The day Activision does a Humble Bundle is the day I win the Powerball Lottery. :lol:

COD2 runs great! Just a couple things I had to tweak a bit. I had to set the res to 1080p in the .config file, as doing it in-game would crash to desktop. All other options (and resolutions) set fine in-game.

Also...I finally found out how to set up that Merciless Matador mod with Steam. OMG!!! It's almost like a new game. Better weapon sounds...not to mention the GORE! Good lord! The mod has gameplay options too like option to sprint, how much decapitation gore occurs percentage-wise, whether you want health to be regenerative or health pack based (an awesome extra in this mod...I went old school health packs).

Not to mention there's a great flamethrower mod too...if you shoot AI's tank...he goes boom, and so will enemies near him. Same thing happens to you if you get shot in the tank while wielding a thrower.

Also, your own squad AI suffers the same gore damage effects, including head decaps and total body gibbage! What's cool, if you leave it at the default .60 gore rate (or less) the game will feel more realistic. Though bumping it up to 1.0 was hilariously fun. :)

This is what ticks me off about current PC gaming...especially Activision and IW. I miss mod support. Maybe it's because some modders can be extremely creative and make a game better. Hell, COD series owes killstreak rewards to the COD2 mod community. It all began with an artillery strike mod for online MP. You had to reach 50 kills in a game to use the arty....you'd look through your binoculars, and seconds later....fireworks.

I miss PC gaming's good old days...this game is bring a lot of the memories back.

My install of CoD 2 finished over night and I booted it up and played a few minutes this morning with no problems. :D

bread's done
Back