PC Mass Effect 2 $15, ME 2 Digital Deluxe $20 - Gamersgate EA week Thursday

warreni

CAGiversary!
Feedback
167 (100%)
If anyone who wants to play Mass Effect 2 (or the original) still hasn't, it's on sale for a pretty good price today at Gamersgate. I bought a CE off eBay for about $35 quite a few months ago, but this is a very solid deal on the DD edition.

Oops, forgot the link. Here it is: http://www.gamersgate.com/all?q=eaweek

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smellmybutt']Damn, why does it have to be digital download for the deluxe version.[/QUOTE]

Well, not to put too fine a point on things, but because it's a digital download store, like Steam or Impulse. Gamersgate doesn't sell physical copies of anything.

If gamersgate is anything like when I bought spell force 1 and 2 a few weeks ago, I highly don't recommend getting this game from them. For spellforce, I had to redownload the full game each time I want to install it. If I want to install it later after I dl it...no dice you have to dl it again. If installation fails, go dl it again ugh.

Also they apparently ran out of spellforce 1 keys during the last sale and took over a week for them to get me a key to play the game.

Now if gamersgate would let you download and store it on a disk (to install whenever you feel like it like EA store does) I would consider purchasing the DD version.

Why rent when you can buy? I got Mass Effect 2 for like $25 a while back. Even at $50 it's a better deal IMO.

[quote name='kosmos13x']If gamersgate is anything like when I bought spell force 1 and 2 a few weeks ago, I highly don't recommend getting this game from them. For spellforce, I had to redownload the full game each time I want to install it. If I want to install it later after I dl it...no dice you have to dl it again. If installation fails, go dl it again ugh.

Also they apparently ran out of spellforce 1 keys during the last sale and took over a week for them to get me a key to play the game.

Now if gamersgate would let you download and store it on a disk (to install whenever you feel like it like EA store does) I would consider purchasing the DD version.[/QUOTE]

There is an easy workaround on this: when the wrapper asks if you want to save the installer files, answer "yes." Then, copy those files to the storage medium of your choosing. It's slightly more annoying than having a single installer file you can back up, but it works just as well.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Why rent when you can buy? I got Mass Effect 2 for like $25 a while back. Even at $50 it's a better deal IMO.[/QUOTE]

Frankly, I don't understand this. When you buy something at Gamersgate, it's just like buying it on Steam or any other digital platform. You're not "renting" it.

[quote name='warreni']There is an easy workaround on this: when the wrapper asks if you want to save the installer files, answer "yes." Then, copy those files to the storage medium of your choosing. It's slightly more annoying than having a single installer file you can back up, but it works just as well.[/QUOTE]

For spellforce they did not have that exactly. You do get the option to save install files, but when you actually go into the files to actually install it would either a) not exist for the startup file b) just give you a weird error.

If someone can confirm that this works though with ME2 DD I may change my mind though. Thanks for the tip at any rate.

[quote name='kosmos13x']For spellforce they did not have that exactly. You do get the option to save install files, but when you actually go into the files to actually install it would either a) not exist for the startup file b) just give you a weird error.

If someone can confirm that this works though with ME2 DD I may change my mind though. Thanks for the tip at any rate.[/QUOTE]

Well, I can't speak for Spellforce 1, but I have the gold version of 2 through Gamersgate and I didn't have any problems backing it up.

That's a damn good price for ME2 Deluxe. I think I'll wait for the upcoming Daily Deal on D2D since there's a $5 coupon. Oh, and I've had no problems with GG. Pretty service IMO.

I'm really tempted to pickup ME2 for $15. I've been waiting for a nice cheap price, but I'd rather have it on Steam (for easy backup) and I've waited so long that I'm hoping for a GOTY/Ultimate edition that has all the DLC.

[quote name='kosmos13x']For spellforce they did not have that exactly. You do get the option to save install files, but when you actually go into the files to actually install it would either a) not exist for the startup file b) just give you a weird error.

If someone can confirm that this works though with ME2 DD I may change my mind though. Thanks for the tip at any rate.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about ME2 but I was able to do this with Civ 4 complete, too. Just save your install files (a subfolder), and save the installer .exe too. Put them in a folder somewhere. Run the installer when you want to reinstall. It finds the originals and installs immediately. Works great, and it's not a workaround or a hack... it's documented on their site.

Steam of course is much easier, but GG has good prices sometimes.

Good luck!

i read that me2 for pc doesn't support xbox 360 gamepad. is the experience better on keyboard and mouse or will i be regretting selling my xbox version to get the pc version due to lack of gamepad support.

bread's done
Back