Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't count me playing Max Payne 2, 3, GTA 4 / Liberty City, or the Overlord games. However they did count Evil Genius and the Men of War games. I wonder if they didn't recognize the games because I've got a US edition and they're tracking European ones.

*finishes up Murdered Soul Suspect

New rewards:

Available until Thursday 19 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Dungeon of Elements - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Dungeon of Elements - unlock One Does Not Simply - £0.10
  • Dungeon of Elements - unlock Boom Master - £0.25
  • Dungeon of Elements - unlock My Precious - £0.50
  • Probability 0 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rise of Nations: Extended Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rise of Nations: Extended Edition - unlock Conqueror - £0.10
  • Rise of Nations: Extended Edition - unlock Colonel - £0.25
  • Rise of Nations: Extended Edition - unlock Science Nerd - £0.50
  • Secret Ponchos - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Space Run - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Spintires - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Spintires - unlock SISYPHUS - £0.10
  • Spintires - unlock THE ROLL OVER - £0.25
  • Spintires - unlock STUDENT DRIVER - £0.50
  • Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Tex Murphy: Mean Streets - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Tex Murphy: Overseer - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Viktor - play for the first time - £0.10
  • World of Subways 2 – Berlin Line 7 - play for the first time - £0.10
Not new but I don't think these has been previously mentioned. (according to reward parser for my site these are new)

• Reversion - The Escape - unlock Sweet Dreams - £0.10
  • Reversion - The Escape - unlock Funny Man - £0.25
  • Reversion - The Escape - unlock The Piper - £0.50
  • Enemy Front - unlock Power of Faith - £0.10
    Enemy Front - unlock My Artifacts - £0.25
    Enemy Front - unlock Threat Eliminated - £0.50
  • Pulstar - unlock TBC - £0.10
    Pulstar - unlock TBC - £0.25
    Pulstar - unlock TBC - £0.50

Just so I'm aware that I probably got banned from Playfire, does anyone else get a 500 Internal Server Error when they visit the site?

So...really weird, but I can't add anything to my cart without getting this:

That's when I'm logged in. If I'm logged out it adds things fine...but when I go through the checkout process and try to add either my 25% or the general %15 voucher code, I get "Unable to add voucher." Anybody having better luck?
You're account was locked. Contact support and they will unlock it and definitely not take all of your credit.

You're account was locked. Contact support and they will unlock it and definitely not take all of your credit.
That's what I'm expecting, honestly, but it's a really odd approach. I'd understand locking the Playfire account but I'm not sure why they'd lock GMG as well. Granted it'd make sense to 0 out my credit, but making it so I can't make purchases in the future is odd. We'll see.

That's what I'm expecting, honestly, but it's a really odd approach. I'd understand locking the Playfire account but I'm not sure why they'd lock GMG as well. Granted it'd make sense to 0 out my credit, but making it so I can't make purchases in the future is odd. We'll see.
They just want to scold you before they take your credit and allow you to makes purchases.

Never happened to me though. I just got the 505 error back when a bunch of us got reported.

They just want to scold you before they take your credit and allow you to makes purchases.

Never happened to me though. I just got the 505 error back when a bunch of us got reported.
Yeah, it seems to be a new thing. They recently locked my original account the same way, for some reason, even though it was banned a long while ago. I don't care to contact support to get it back.

Ah, I didn't realize the 500 was related to account. I just tried from my phone (I've never gone there before) and then it loaded fine right up until I put in my login info..then the page died. Nice.

Looks like there may be an issue with my account. When I use an alt GMG account I can add things to my basket just fine. The voucher doesn't work on the other account, either, though. Hm.

Emailed GMG support. Hopefully they can get that figured out.
Reported for having an alt account.

I was thinking "I should reinstall Marlow Briggs. My save should be near where the second and third achievements unlock."

So I did and I realized that the game doesn't have Steam Cloud so my older save is gone.

*insert table flip gif here*

I just completed all of Murdered: Soul Suspect's achievements.

66447-Brent-Rambo-heavy-weapons-guy-oPac.gif

A+ game, except for the horrible tacked-on fighting, bad checkpoints, stupid design decisions, and cut content. But hey, clearing the game got me a bunch of free games thanks to the credit so I can forgive them.

thumbs-up-computer-kid-gif.gif

A+ game, except for the horrible tacked-on fighting, bad checkpoints, stupid design decisions, and cut content. But hey, clearing the game got me a bunch of free games thanks to the credit so I can forgive them.
So basically overall, after it's all said and done - it's a C- grade?

You really should "finish" Diablo first....
I can't *finish* Diablo 3 w/out RoS.

Since I never finished D2 nor LOD, I could try + finish those.

EDIT:

Before I do any finishing of any other games, Thief 2014 will be 1st.

I need to get back to that - since I'm already 19 hours in.

Damn E3 got in my way...

EDIT:

Damn E3 got in my way...
WTH, you never finished Diablo 2???

respect--;

Wow - nice grade, even despite your list of issues. :D
This is why I wouldn't make it as a video game reviewer. "Man, this game has such crap controls... but the devs actually poured their heart into making it, so I can forgive them."

Seriously though, it's a decent game, it didn't deserve the hate it got.

66447-Brent-Rambo-heavy-weapons-guy-oPac.gif

B, actually. It has its heart in the right place, but I still think it should've been left in the oven to finish cooking a bit.

This is why I wouldn't make it as a video game reviewer. "Man, this game has such crap controls... but the devs actually poured their heart into making it, so I can forgive them."

Seriously though, it's a decent game, it didn't deserve the hate it got.
I second all these sentiments. I think it's gotten all the hate it did because people want "games" and when they get something that is story driven with very little combat, they get mad. And by that I mean mainstream gamers. I think if an indie dev would have put out the same game it would have gotten much more praise. I rarely sit there and read every piece of lore/story for a game, but I did for this one. I wish they would have cut out the combat altogether and put that money in making cutscenes for the ghost stories you unlock during the game.

Now that I think about it...

Murdered: Soul Suspect is essentially... a hidden object adventure game. Only instead of staring at static screens, you move around in a 3D world and talk to people.

That just blows my mind.

EDIT:

Damn E3 got in my way...
The only Diablo that kept my interest was the first one. I played that non-stock for about 9 months. Fantastic game. D2 was a huge letdown. The environments and creatures and tone of the first game were just amazing and D2 was a dud in all of those categories. D3 was a bit better than D2 but not much. I haven't played D3 since shortly after it came out, though, so maybe the patches would have made a big difference.

Ever wondered how much all playfire rewards every were worth?

My parser is still missing some but this is pretty good estimation. (maybe even duplicated entries, probably not)

SELECT SUM(value) FROM `playfire_rewards`
694.3000000000212 (total rewards value)

that's almost 1 200 USD per user.

Thought there have been same achievements and multiple play first times for some games.

SELECT SUM(x.v) FROM (SELECT MAX(value) as v FROM `playfire_rewards` GROUP BY appid, game, type, achievement) AS x
563.0500000000185 (max possible after removing duplicates = rewards that have been multiple times)

Hope you enjoyed this random useless fact :D

(rounding errors because I'm stupid and use double for money)

Karl, Jun 14 08:22:

Hello thermopyle

Automated systems recently flagged your account for unusual activity. Upon further investigation by our fraud team we discovered consistent evidence that the Steam account associated to your Playfire profile was using illegitimate methods to exploit the Playfire Rewards BETA and earn GMG Credit dishonestly. As per the terms and conditions we've removed your Playfire profile and any GMG Credit that was earned as a result of the Playfire Rewards BETA. You can continue to use your Green Man Gaming account to purchase games, but you will no longer be able to participate in the Playfire Rewards BETA.

If you do not agree with this policy then please feel free to contact us again however it is unlikely the decision will be overturned.

Regards,

Karl

Green Man Gaming & Playfire

Customer Service
Drat. They really did 0 out my account, too, unlike the guy I know who got this exact same email (they forgot to 0 out his.)

So I tried to create a new GMG/Playfire account and tie my Steam account to it (since my previous Playfire account got banned.) No dice--they do check to see if the Steam account is already tied to another Playfire account. Even after they ban you, the link is still there. Oh well.

Yeah. I mean, I can create an alt Steam account to use for Playfire rewards against free games and game giveaways (like Rush Bros and that ridiculous $9) but it's too much work to keep up with the rewards and which games are free just for those rare rewards.

Here's the complete list of games I got free from Playfire/GMG since the Rewards system started, btw. I haven't bought anything with real money from GMG since the end of December except for $2 that went to DMC4 since that was a good deal and I was a bit short on credit at the time:

Dead Space 2 (NA)

Avencast: Rise of the Mage Promo

Painkiller: Black Edition

Super Sanctum TD Promo

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® Legendary Edition

The Banner Saga

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (NA)

The Darkness II

BioShock 2: Minerva’s Den

Disciples 3: Reincarnation

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Doom® 3 BFG Edition

Hunted: The Demons Forge

Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise

Millennium: A New Hope

Rush Bros. Promo

Rush Bros.

Shadowrun Returns

Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall DLC

Devil May Cry 4

Avencast: Rise of the Mage

Cargo! The Quest for Gravity

Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Rush Bros.

You guys may recall that I bought Rush Bros with credit for the $9 or whatever right before the giveaway. I didn't post it, but I'd emailed GMG and they did end up giving me a refund on that credit.

Total credit used for the above list: $106.51. Which is odd, to be honest, because the Playfire page (back when it was showing a correct "earned to date" value) put me quite a bit above that. Granted I just had $19.50 wiped out, but I thought I'd been at $130+ even before that. Despite being lower than I'd thought, it was a good run and I think I got a lot of value out of my credits since (aside from Shadowrun + Dragonfall) I got everything at a significant discount even before you consider I was spending free money on the games.

Here's the complete list of games I got free from Playfire/GMG since the Rewards system started, btw. I haven't bought anything with real money from GMG since the end of December except for $2 that went to DMC4 since that was a good deal and I was a bit short on credit at the time:

Dead Space 2 (NA)

Avencast: Rise of the Mage Promo

Painkiller: Black Edition

Super Sanctum TD Promo

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® Legendary Edition

The Banner Saga

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (NA)

The Darkness II

BioShock 2: Minerva’s Den

Disciples 3: Reincarnation

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Doom® 3 BFG Edition

Hunted: The Demons Forge

Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise

Millennium: A New Hope

Rush Bros. Promo

Rush Bros.

Shadowrun Returns

Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall DLC

Devil May Cry 4

Avencast: Rise of the Mage

Cargo! The Quest for Gravity

Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Rush Bros.

You guys may recall that I bought Rush Bros with credit for the $9 or whatever right before the giveaway. I didn't post it, but I'd emailed GMG and they did end up giving me a refund on that credit.

Total credit used for the above list: $106.51. Which is odd, to be honest, because the Playfire page (back when it was showing a correct "earned to date" value) put me quite a bit above that. Granted I just had $19.50 wiped out, but I thought I'd been at $130+ even before that. Despite being lower than I'd thought, it was a good run and I think I got a lot of value out of my credits since (aside from Shadowrun + Dragonfall) I got everything at a significant discount even before you consider I was spending free money on the games.
i wish i could like this post multiple times

So I'm curious now how they're flagging people who are SAMing. The only sensible approach IMO is to use prerequisite rewards. For example if they have a reward for the "You reached level 20!" achievement in Borderlands 2, then it should check for whether they got the "You reached level 10!" achievement before giving out that reward. Granted you could still end up with false hits in the case of achievements not triggering correctly, but that's going to very rare. This would not catch people who just unlock all rewards at once, obviously, but somebody going in and just cherry-picking the Rewards achievements could be caught pretty easily. That's my guess on how I got caught as the last few days I've cherry-picked, whereas for a number of times other people were caught (and I wasn't) I'd just unlocked all.

Short of that, I can't see any way for them to automatically catch this kind of behavior since there's no way to differentiate between SAM and offline play as far as playtime goes. It'd be interesting if Steam tracked playtime in offline mode, and that would be a valid way to check for SAMing if Steam started doing that, but currently there's nothing like that in place.

Honestly SAM just makes it really hard to track this stuff while ensuring legitimacy. I think it's a great idea, but I also think Playfire would be a lot better off if they started selling PSN and Xbox codes, and giving rewards for those games instead. AFAIK there is not a way to game those systems. I'm not sure what kind of markup there is on Steam versus PSN/Xbox, though. It may be that the markup is a lot lower and so the profit margins don't really justify targeting those platforms.

Honestly SAM just makes it really hard to track this stuff while ensuring legitimacy. I think it's a great idea, but I also think Playfire would be a lot better off if they started selling PSN and Xbox codes, and giving rewards for those games instead. AFAIK there is not a way to game those systems. I'm not sure what kind of markup there is on Steam versus PSN/Xbox, though. It may be that the markup is a lot lower and so the profit margins don't really justify targeting those platforms.
There is a way to game those but Microsoft and Sony are very good at banning over it.

PlayXBLA used to do promos where if you unlocked certain achievements in a certain time-period. I think they mostly gave out codes for games though.

But yeah, no, the profit margin on PSN/Xbox codes is razor-thin. Unless they sell codes for the games individually (like Amazon with PSN stuff now) it's not gonna happen.

14 Jun '14     You played Final Slam 2 for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Echo of the Wilds for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played March of War for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Overlord: Raising Hell for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Overlord II for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Overlord for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played DiRT Showdown for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played DiRT 3 for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Operation Flashpoint: Red River for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Max Payne for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Humanity Asset for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Marlow Briggs for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Men of War: Red Tide for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Men of War for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played POSTAL for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played The 39 Steps for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Swords and Soldiers HD for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Driftmoon for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Grimind for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played FINAL FANTASY VIII for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played FINAL FANTASY VII for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You played Oil Rush for the first time!     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You unlocked Tightening the Noose in MURDERED: SOUL SUSPECT™     £0.50
14 Jun '14     You unlocked Danger Above in Marlow Briggs     £0.10
14 Jun '14     You unlocked Dirty knees in POSTAL     £0.25
14 Jun '14     You unlocked How Kevorkian! in POSTAL     £0.10

They fixed that WITHOUT contacting support. WTF?

They fixed also first plays crediting twice, was totally excepted thought :( I suppose that can be the cause of delay?

So I'm curious now how they're flagging people who are SAMing. The only sensible approach IMO is to use prerequisite rewards. For example if they have a reward for the "You reached level 20!" achievement in Borderlands 2, then it should check for whether they got the "You reached level 10!" achievement before giving out that reward. Granted you could still end up with false hits in the case of achievements not triggering correctly, but that's going to very rare. This would not catch people who just unlock all rewards at once, obviously, but somebody going in and just cherry-picking the Rewards achievements could be caught pretty easily. That's my guess on how I got caught as the last few days I've cherry-picked, whereas for a number of times other people were caught (and I wasn't) I'd just unlocked all.

Short of that, I can't see any way for them to automatically catch this kind of behavior since there's no way to differentiate between SAM and offline play as far as playtime goes. It'd be interesting if Steam tracked playtime in offline mode, and that would be a valid way to check for SAMing if Steam started doing that, but currently there's nothing like that in place.
You seem to continue to be in denial about the fact that someone is reporting people on CAG, and only people on CAG because I've yet to see anyone on any other site report getting banned by them. Certainly not at the number that it's been happening here, including some quiet and obscure posters. Also Bruticus was explicitly told that someone personally reported him.

You keep repeating that it's automated possibly based on prerequisites and I keep telling you that some who were banned, like myself, had all the pre-requisites (and yes I spent way too much time and effort checking on that and also idled for play time and spread out when I got the achievements so I didn't hit them all at the same time) so that isn't it. I don't even think they have their shit together enough or care enough to spend the time and effort to come up with some program to check like that but if you want to keep living in a fantasy that there isn't someone here telling on people then go ahead.

I'm really not sure what part of someone(s) on CAG is reporting other people on CAG you aren't getting.

My rewards haven't tracked since the duplication glitch. I have about 20+ rewards that should have posted and they haven't. They tracked to my recent activity but have not showed up in my rewards. I dread starting another ticket the last one took over a month to get resolved.

I don't even think they have their shit together enough or care enough to spend the time and effort to come up with some program to check like that but if you want to keep living in a fantasy that there isn't someone here telling on people then go ahead.
This seems more likely. This has been in beta for a few months now and it's still terrible at tracking and posting this is probably where all their time and energy goes right now. Many people in the playfire threads mention raptr as something they should look to because from what I understand raptr tracks pretty fast. Have you ever though maybe a Playfire worker frequents this thread, entirely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back