Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Available until Tuesday 30 September, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Beyond Gravity - unlock Have 15 near-miss encounters with fire ball. - £0.10
  • Gauntlet - unlock Besting the Beast of Orox - £0.10
  • Gauntlet - unlock Dying for a Living - Gold - £0.10
  • Gauntlet - unlock Lich Slayer - Gold - £0.10
  • Gauntlet - unlock As Luck Would Have It... - Gold - £0.10
  • Raiden III Digital Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Steam Marines - unlock No Ticket - £0.10

Available until Wednesday 1 October, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Darkstone - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Fenix Rage - unlock Give me Moor of these - £0.10
  • Fenix Rage - unlock Keep pushing - £0.10
  • MorphShift Wars - unlock No Mercy - £0.10
  • MorphShift Wars - unlock Legend - £0.10
  • Roadside Assistance Simulator - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Sacred Tears TRUE - play for the first time - £0.10

Available until Thursday 2 October, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• 911: First Responders - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Grid 2 - unlock The Artist - £0.10
  • Grid 2 - unlock Ring Master - £0.10
  • Kraven Manor - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Pyrite Heart - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - play for the first time - £0.10

Playfire added a £1.05 reward for playing Nosgoth for the first time (Link). In the event that you don't already own it from the Humble Square Enix Bundle, the Nosgoth Veteran Pack is on sale for $1.64. Would work out to being free in the end.

Grid2 Rewards tips:

"The Artist" is easy and you can get it right away by changing "liveries" (or "paintjobs" for those that don't like liver) on 5 cars in the garage.

"Ring Master" is trickier. It's allegedly one of the challenges in Season 2 with the BMW. Here's a video to help with it...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbgfMv_NM5s[/youtube]

Ew.

Available until Sunday 5 October, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Cosmochoria - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Meridian: New World - unlock That's not gonna fly - £0.10
  • Neverending Nightmares - unlock Final Descent - £0.10
  • Starpoint Gemini 2 - unlock Ow did I shoot you? - £0.10
  • Starpoint Gemini 2 - unlock Hope you're insured - £0.10
  • Tesla Breaks the World! - unlock MY PRECIOUS! - £0.10
  • Verde Station - play for the first time - £0.10

Grid2 Rewards tips:

"Ring Master" is trickier. It's allegedly one of the challenges in Season 2 with the BMW. Here's a video to help with it...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbgfMv_NM5s[/youtube]
Ring Master was dead easy. Can be done on any "challenge" that includes the Red Bull Ring. There's one every season after Season 1 I think.

Just make sure you set the difficulty to "Very Easy" before taking the challenge. I beat the target by 22 seconds on the Season 3 Alfa Romeo challenge and I'm not exactly a pro at driving games.

Available until Monday 6 October, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

Those Shadow of Mordor rewards are pretty pathetic for a new release game. =/

Available until Tuesday 7 October, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Cavern Kings - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Cubic - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Falling Skies: The Game - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Pier Solar and the Great Architects - unlock Who framed Roger Rabbit? - £0.10
  • Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments - unlock Raider of the Tombs - £0.10
  • Silence of the Sleep - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Wrack - unlock Combo Fiend - £0.10

I don't know if Playfire is reserving the big rewards for alien and other titles this month,... or they will be the same just like the mordor game...we will see.

Available until Wednesday 8 October, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Khet 2.0 - unlock Immortality - £0.10
  • Khet 2.0 - unlock Father of Dread - £0.10
  • Super Win the Game - unlock Security Flaw - £0.10
  • Super Win the Game - unlock Into the Deep End - £0.10
suicide.gif

Available until Thursday 9 October, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Front Page Sports Football - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Left in the Dark: No One on Board - unlock Navigator - £0.10
  • METAL SLUG X - unlock 200 TOMBS - £0.10
  • METAL SLUG X - unlock HERO - £0.10
  • Qora - unlock Imaginary Friend - £0.10
  • Sorcerer King - play for the first time - £0.10

headshot-suicide.gif

That's a pretty sweet deal since it comes with all of the DLC that no one needs!
Except the soundtrack and artbook because GOD DAMN YOU SQUEENIX.

So I got Canyon Capers from Reddit and tried it and oh boy I can see why so many people hate it. So many BS deaths and cheap attacks. But I already got all the Playfire stuff except for the Afroboy one (working on it) so that's one Prince Harrybuck added to my account.

From the welcome pack rewards (which I already owned them all like most people) I only have done the Sanctum rewards. Enjoyed doing them though, and it reminded me to finally play a long backlogged title. I've been playing it pretty regularly since then. Unfortunately I have to do a support ticket for the Nosgoth reward. 2 hours played somehow isn't enough.

Anyone wanna help each other with the gun monkey achievements? at the same time i really don't think its worth the time investment,i couldn't keep playing canon capers when do you unlock the afro dude?

Anyone wanna help each other with the gun monkey achievements? at the same time i really don't think its worth the time investment,i couldn't keep playing canon capers when do you unlock the afro dude?
The 100 wins definitely isn't worth it and the virus one can only be unlocked by playing someone else who has that cheev already. The rest aren't bad if you work with someone.

The afro guy is on the 2nd stage and you'll likely unlock him towards the end of it. It's based on how many stars you earn and you need about 20 or so.

Does playfire only pay you for the listed achievements or all? im not seeing the 100 win on the list.

EDIT: nevermind see it

The 100 wins definitely isn't worth it and the virus one can only be unlocked by playing someone else who has that cheev already. The rest aren't bad if you work with someone.

The afro guy is on the 2nd stage and you'll likely unlock him towards the end of it. It's based on how many stars you earn and you need about 20 or so.
You need 22 stars to unlock Afroboy, 20 for the other character.

Cripes. I was struggling on World 2. Might have to give it a miss. That amount of stress isn't worth 25p.
It's actually 30 stars total to unlock him, I did it by 2-3. His ability is collecting coins, they just gravitate to him. The game is terrible and it was painful playing it as much as I did. I didn't even bother with the Gun Monkey ones since I can't stand that game.

It's actually 30 stars total to unlock him, I did it by 2-3. His ability is collecting coins, they just gravitate to him. The game is terrible and it was painful playing it as much as I did. I didn't even bother with the Gun Monkey ones since I can't stand that game.
Wait, do stars carry over from the previous world? Or is it just the stars from levels in World 2? I'm confused.

Wait, do stars carry over from the previous world? Or is it just the stars from levels in World 2? I'm confused.
I didn't think they did, but there's a counter on each world that tells you how many more you need. The bottom right if I recall correctly.

That's another problem with the game, it doesn't explain anything.

I didn't think they did, but there's a counter on each world that tells you how many more you need. The bottom right if I recall correctly.
Cool! I'm probably closer than I thought. I've no problem with beating more levels than I should probably need to, that's just a little more time. What was putting me off was the prospect of having to get several two- or three-star ratings on all World 2 levels.

25p, you and me gonn' have a little talk.

Cool! I'm probably closer than I thought. I've no problem with beating more levels than I should probably need to, that's just a little more time. What was putting me off was the prospect of having to get several two- or three-star ratings on all World 2 levels.

25p, you and me gonn' have a little talk.
Total playtime for me was around 1.5 hours and I didn't play any longer than I had to and I checked regularly if he had bee unlocked yet. I know I unlocked him after finishing world 2-2 and at that point I had 30 stars. I played world 2-3 with Afro Boy and unlocked the achievement almost immediately because there are coins on that level. All you have to do is walk near the coins and it will pop.

Total playtime for me was around 1.5 hours and I didn't play any longer than I had to and I checked regularly if he had bee unlocked yet. I know I unlocked him after finishing world 2-2 and at that point I had 30 stars. I played world 2-3 with Afro Boy and unlocked the achievement almost immediately because there are coins on that level. All you have to do is walk near the coins and it will pop.
That's kinda weird since I saw something different. I 3 starred all but 2 on the first world and afro boy didn't unlock until level 2-9 for me. He unlocked when I finally got the unlock counter complete. It could be that there's something else which causes them to unlock...who knows for sure with this game.

From the welcome pack rewards (which I already owned them all like most people) I only have done the Sanctum rewards. Enjoyed doing them though, and it reminded me to finally play a long backlogged title. I've been playing it pretty regularly since then. Unfortunately I have to do a support ticket for the Nosgoth reward. 2 hours played somehow isn't enough.
I've really gotten addicted to Sanctum since doing the rewards for it. Probably because I don't have any rewards to play for right now.

I much prefer Sanctum to Sanctum 2, I think because in Sanctum 2 it looks like the bigger creatures could just step over your blockades if they wanted to. I also like jumping around on top of the defence walls following the targets in Sanctum rather than just running around on the ground in Sanctum 2. Finding a good position to snipe a few shots at the incoming creatures before they close in, before firing a coupla missiles at them then switching to the assault rifle (I don't think Sanctum 2 lets you choose 3 weapons either does it?)

If you haven't played Sanctum yet I highly recommend it. It's the best FPS/Tower Defence/3D Platformer/HOG/ARPG out there. ;)

Were you playing Sanctum 2 with friends? That could have a large effect on why you didn't like it, as it's nearly impossible to do well playing solo.
Nada. Solo on both. I'm going to play some co-op with my daughter on Sanctum later. I'll have to try some Sanctum 2 co-op some time and see how it compares.

It's fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

I'm always up to play, provided you can find two others.
I'd love to play more co-op and multi-player games but family life and responsibilities don't allow me to play games that long without having to pause and hop on and off a game.

True story, I was on and off my laptop 2 times while typing this post.

You're right, I got confused by the amount of stars needed to advance to World 3. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back