Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, screw World of Goo rewards, I totally suck at that game. Even watching videos I cant get the OCD on level 1-3... I might be able to force myself to get the .25 reward that one looks the easiest. Here I thought Surgeon Simulator rewards were going to be a pain but I actually had fun getting those and they were super easy. I'll just go back to Battleblock and farm Gems for those rewards and skip World of Goo.

Been lucky so far. After the second day everything's been updating pretty well.
Yeah, looks like the same for me.

Now I get to run through Castle Crasher + Battleblock tonight with my gf, whom is also now signed up w/ Playfire.

You could say we....

*puts on glasses*

...CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!

Yay more EU IV rewards, and they don't require DLC this time. Sadly I have the easy one and the other ones sound like they'll take some luck/work/finding the right scenario (one, reading comments, apparently isn't but dunno seems it will be a pain to me.)

Though don't people have any sense? July 4th is coming up and pick the game about Japan or whatever instead of the one about colonization?
That bummed me out too. Already had all the EU4 achievements. This is what happens when you play games before Playfire says it's ok.

Monday's rewards ...

Available until Sunday 6 July, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Call of Duty: Black Ops - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops - unlock Death to Dictators - £0.10
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops - unlock Sally Likes Blood - £0.25
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops - unlock I hate monkeys - £0.50
  • Duke Nukem Forever - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Duke Nukem Forever - unlock I Need a Towel - £0.10
  • Duke Nukem Forever - unlock Fork the Pork - £0.25
  • Duke Nukem Forever - unlock Sunday, Black Sunday - £0.50
  • SimCity 4 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Stanley Parable - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Stanley Parable - unlock Welcome back! - £0.10
  • The Stanley Parable - unlock Achievement - £0.25
  • The Stanley Parable - unlock Click on door 430 five times. - £0.50
  • Total War: ROME II - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Total War: ROME II - unlock Executioner - £0.10
  • Total War: ROME II - unlock Butcher - £0.25

Monday's rewards ...

Available until Sunday 6 July, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Call of Duty: Black Ops - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops - unlock Death to Dictators - £0.10
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops - unlock Sally Likes Blood - £0.25
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops - unlock I hate monkeys - £0.50
  • Duke Nukem Forever - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Duke Nukem Forever - unlock I Need a Towel - £0.10
  • Duke Nukem Forever - unlock Fork the Pork - £0.25
  • Duke Nukem Forever - unlock Sunday, Black Sunday - £0.50
  • SimCity 4 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Stanley Parable - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Stanley Parable - unlock Welcome back! - £0.10
  • The Stanley Parable - unlock Achievement - £0.25
  • The Stanley Parable - unlock Click on door 430 five times. - £0.50
  • Total War: ROME II - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Total War: ROME II - unlock Executioner - £0.10
  • Total War: ROME II - unlock Butcher - £0.25
I'm ashamed to say seeing DNF on there almost makes me want to get it w/ GMG fun-money just to actually play it with controls + framerate that arent complete ass (looking at you PS3 version)....plus getting about half of my fun-money back in rewards is also tempting.

Also I heard way way waaayyyyyy back that someone managed to make a mod that fixes the stupid 2-gun limit (upped to 4, i think?).

I'm ashamed to say seeing DNF on there almost makes me want to get it w/ GMG fun-money just to actually play it with controls + framerate that arent complete ass (looking at you PS3 version)....plus getting about half of my fun-money back in rewards is also tempting.

Also I heard way way waaayyyyyy back that someone managed to make a mode that fixes the stupid 2-gun limit (upped to 4, i think?).
My problem is I have DNF, but want the 2 DLCs for cheap so I haven't redeemed my key in case the collection goes on sale for dirt-cheap and not the DLCs.

Looks like Playfire finally answered my ticket. Gave me a little over $18.

Too bad I haven't added any rewards to the ticket since IFD started...

Probably will send them an IFD ticket, then a Steam summer sale ticket. Maybe they'll be done with both by the Winter sale!

I see the new vote is between Skulls of the Shogun and Stealth Bastard Deluxe. I sure hope Skulls wins, because I love Stealth Bastard, but I'm sure any achievements I have left to get in that game will be a total pain in the ass. 

I see the new vote is between Skulls of the Shogun and Stealth Bastard Deluxe. I sure hope Skulls wins, because I love Stealth Bastard, but I'm sure any achievements I have left to get in that game will be a total pain in the ass.
Stealth Bastard is narrowly winning so far. Probably because I voted for it =P

It's pretty easy to get the Duke Nukem ones, but you need to get pretty far into the game to get them all.

Duke Nukem Forever - unlock I Need a Towel - £0.10

- In the Hive level there's the impregnators that shoot white stuff at you.  Get hit by it to grab this one.

Duke Nukem Forever - unlock Fork the Pork - £0.25

- On the Forkstop level you'll eventually get a forklift.  Drive it around and impale 6 enemies with it.

Duke Nukem Forever - unlock Sunday, Black Sunday - £0.50

- The quickest and easiest.  On the first level when you fight the cycloid just look up and shoot the blimp down.

Stealth Bastard has already been a set of rewards during the IFD event, so I hope Skulls (a game I haven't touched yet) wins.
I'm easy with either, but I voted before I saw the forums. I like the Stealth Bastard game and didn't have time to play it with the whole mass of rewards it was with last time. The good thing is there'll be rewards for both.

Stealth Bastard has already been a set of rewards during the IFD event, so I hope Skulls (a game I haven't touched yet) wins.
One of the rewards from last time required the DLC for it so they will probably have some of those thrown in. Hopefully the DLC will be on sale if it does win.

I was going to ask how you vote, but I used my brain and things happened.  Voted for Skulls of the Shogun since I actually own the game. 

So I played World of Goo way back when I first started grabbing bundles and hanging out here.  As it turns out, I got frustrated on the second-to-last level and never finished.  That made for a quick Playfire reward today for finishing the game.

Also, Surgeon Simulator is not as bad as I feared it would be.  That's about all I have to say about that.

Welp, I completely forgot about the Borderlands 2 deadline.  Cost myself an easy $1.  Guess I'll have to settle for playing for the first time.  le sigh~

Welp, I completely forgot about the Borderlands 2 deadline. Cost myself an easy $1. Guess I'll have to settle for playing for the first time. le sigh~
Yeah, the achievements for rewards take a while to get, and I just didn't have the time with the summer sale going on and the contest.

I'll be back on my Playfire hunting game tomorrow.

At least the DLC rewards are still active. I'm hoping BL2 will show up for a Head2Head anyways.

Yeesh these Battleblock challenges are time consuming....I'm only up to 29 prisoners rescued / 50, and I'm ~4 hours in. Only tips I've found are "grind the arena for 5-6 gems / 120 seconds"...which is terrible.

Yeesh these Battleblock challenges are time consuming....I'm only up to 29 prisoners rescued / 50, and I'm ~4 hours in. Only tips I've found are "grind the arena for 5-6 gems / 120 seconds"...which is terrible.
If you just play through the story you shouldn't have too much trouble getting the 500 or so gems you need for the prisoners.

I just finished world 4 and I have 37 prisoners unlocked.

Yeah, the achievements for rewards take a while to get, and I just didn't have the time with the summer sale going on and the contest.

I'll be back on my Playfire hunting game tomorrow.

At least the DLC rewards are still active. I'm hoping BL2 will show up for a Head2Head anyways.
I might try the DLC based rewards, but they seem more time consuming. Banner Saga is my next goal, along with 1-2 "play for first time" rewards.

If you just play through the story you shouldn't have too much trouble getting the 500 or so gems you need for the prisoners.

Good to know. I spent a good deal of time trying to "A++" the first 2 chapters for the bonus 2 gems per level. Probably didn't need to but eh....

On the flipside, Castle Crashers challenges are definitely much faster, though the DLC weapons are a help. Just got "Deer Trainer" on the first try, I remember that being so much more hectic/crazy on the 360. My advice for that one is hang back at about the halfway point in the screen, and when jumping over the logs you can press right to extend your jump if you think it wont make it.

I just unlocked the achievement. I'm at world 3, but have a playthrough with a friend and another alone. Also some tests, minigames, battles and such. I'm really enjoying the game.

Just got "Deer Trainer" on the first try, I remember that being so much more hectic/crazy on the 360. My advice for that one is hang back at about the halfway point in the screen, and when jumping over the logs you can press right to extend your jump if you think it wont make it.

And keep an eye on the deers. They always move towards doors. So follow them

I just finished the Castle Crashers and Battleblock rewards. Here's a couple tips:

• Castle Crashers - unlock Treasure Hunter - £0.50
At the very start of the Desert level you get the shovel, near it there is a tiny x dig it up then restart the level. Do this 10 times.

• BattleBlock Theater - unlock Deadly Performer - £0.25
Very easy if you start your own local vs king of the hill match. The AI is pretty predictable and easy to kill with the grenade.

New Rewards are up:

Available until Monday 7 July, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Acceleration of SUGURI X-Edition HD - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Aura Kingdom - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Cult of the Wind - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Deadbreed® - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Divinity: Original Sin - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Divinity: Original Sin - unlock Suspicious minds - £0.10
  • Divinity: Original Sin - unlock The mind is a terrible thing to test - £0.25
  • Divinity: Original Sin - unlock Undeath is just the beginning - £0.50
  • Momodora III - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Monsters Ate My Birthday Cake - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Ship Simulator: Maritime Search and Rescue - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Spoiler Alert Collector's Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Spoiler Alert Collector's Edition - unlock Tortilla - £0.10
  • Spoiler Alert Collector's Edition - unlock Caramba! - £0.25
  • Spoiler Alert Collector's Edition - unlock Treasurehunter - £0.50
  • SUNLESS SEA - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The House - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Triblaster - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Triblaster - unlock Grunt (Strong) - £0.10
  • Triblaster - unlock Carrier - £0.25
  • Triblaster - unlock Score 500K - £0.50
  • World War 1 Centennial Edition - play for the first time - £0.10

Deadbreed is a FTP game as far as I know, and is launching later today. I had hoped that they would have had more Divinity achievements :/

I started up Surgeon Simulator only a couple of hours before the deadline and got credit for the two achievements I hit.  I didn't get the played for the first time award, though.

I started up Surgeon Simulator only a couple of hours before the deadline and got credit for the two achievements I hit. I didn't get the played for the first time award, though.
Playfire's wacky like that. Ticket time! :wall:

Has anyone been following/calculating when their account scans ?

I've managed to narrow mine down to 3am-9am EST, in the two days that I've done achievements/rewards.

Just curious.

Has anyone been following/calculating when their account scans ?

I've managed to narrow mine down to 3am-9am EST, in the two days that I've done achievements/rewards.

Just curious.
What I've noticed has been the achievement scan is usually done by 10 PM MST. They'll then be in my playfire account by 6 AM. By the time I check GMG that night they'll be in there.

• Cult of the Wind - play for the first time - £0.10
Fired CotW up. Multiplayer only, with a whopping 4 people playing. Fascinating premise though: robot things running around pretending to be airplanes and having fake dogfights. The empty "official" server I joined looked like Capture the Flag. I kinda want this game to become popular.

What I've noticed has been the achievement scan is usually done by 10 PM MST. They'll then be in my playfire account by 6 AM. By the time I check GMG that night they'll be in there.
So with your observation and mine, I'm going to say that account scans definitely varies per person.

10pm MST = 1am EST. My achievements scan and get loaded into my Playfire sometime during 3am-9am EST.

I'm just going to make sure I get all achievements done before 3am. I hate sending tickets.. especially with the way they're handling those now. :oldman:

Fired CotW up. Multiplayer only, with a whopping 4 people playing. Fascinating premise though: robot things running around pretending to be airplanes and having fake dogfights. The empty "official" server I joined looked like Capture the Flag. I kinda want this game to become popular.
BGCQ event?

I brought it up in chat...was met with less enthusiasm than I had hoped. If it's not a cart racer, nobody cares.

Though now that I think about it, we could just pretend we're racing in carts instead of dogfighting in fake airplanes.
My advice is to ignore anything said by Squirrel, Spoder, and Ashes. They should just start a private racing club since they love racers so much.

I brought it up in chat...was met with less enthusiasm than I had hoped. If it's not a cart racer, nobody cares.

Though now that I think about it, we could just pretend we're racing in carts instead of dogfighting in fake airplanes.
I'd be up for that, sounds quite enjoyable.

Hey, I'd play! I'm also looking for someone to help test out Acceleration of Suguri's multi. Soo... someone should install it and play with me.

Welp, I completely forgot about the Borderlands 2 deadline. Cost myself an easy $1. Guess I'll have to settle for playing for the first time. le sigh~
I didn't even try, by the time I got near Sanctuary it was already too late (think it took me 6 hours, but only played a bit sunday (or was it saturday? so no chance making it).

I must really suck at Castle Crashers because I've tried at least 10 times on 3 different days to get the Deer Hunter achievement and I can never seem to get past the 3rd or 4th door.

I must really suck at Castle Crashers because I've tried at least 10 times on 3 different days to get the Deer Hunter achievement and I can never seem to get past the 3rd or 4th door.
Just stay towards the back and follow the unmanned deer. You can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back