Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Available until Wednesday 23 July, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Detective Case and Clown Bot in: Murder in the Hotel Lisbon - play for the first time - £0.10
  • DieselStormers - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Gun Monkeys - unlock Still Alive - £0.10
  • Gun Monkeys - unlock Cocktail - £0.15
  • Point Perfect - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rulers of Nations - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Scooby Doo! & Looney Tunes Cartoon Universe: Adventure - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sky Nations - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Small Town Terrors Pilgrim's Hook Collector's Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • So Many Me - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Steel & Steam: Episode 1 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Forgotten Ones - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Forgotten Ones - unlock Making Friends - £0.10
  • Vlad the Impaler - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Wildlife Park 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Wildlife Park 2 - Crazy Zoo - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Wildlife Park 2 - Dino World - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Wildlife Park 2 - Fantasy - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Wildlife Park 2 - Farm World - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Wildlife Park 2 - Horses - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Wildlife Park 2 - Marine World - play for the first time - £0.10

yay ... Gun Monkeys ... with no first time play curiously
Like you'd get it because you idled cards?

My tracker shows these so they probably missed it, wouldn't be the first time.

Gun Monkeys Unlock achievement Still Alive £ 0.10 06 days 10:48:00
Gun Monkeys Play for the first time £ 0.10 06 days 10:48:00

Edit: Also

The Forgotten Ones is F2P.

The Forgotten Ones is a F2P, so at least 0.10 free. I know I'm too cheap....

I hate GMG ! When did they make that rule ? The one where you cannot use a coupon voucher in conjunction with GMG Credit.

I was planning on getting Sid Meier's Beyond Earth for free.

There have actually been a few random vouchers that worked with credit, but yeah, pretty much all of them now make you choose one or the other (credit or voucher). At least the current one doesn't have the $10 minimum, though we'll see if that lasts more than a week.

There have actually been a few random vouchers that worked with credit, but yeah, pretty much all of them now make you choose one or the other (credit or voucher). At least the current one doesn't have the $10 minimum, though we'll see if that lasts more than a week.
Yeah, they continue to get less and less generous. Which is alright, I guess. I just wish they'd give up on the "hilarious" blog posts. They're embarrassing to the point of almost being insulting.

I just wish they'd give up on the "hilarious" blog posts. They're embarrassing to the point of almost being insulting.
But they're "gamers", don't you get it ;)

At least for the first time in two weeks I have a game to play. Although from what I hear, Gun Monkeys seems rather boring.

DARK BLOOD ONLINE - play for the first time - £0.10 

Another F2P game that will launch today.

Edit. Seems like they removed from the blog this game. Maybe got delayed... no idea.

Available until Thursday 24 July, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Ghostship Aftermath - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Heileen 3: New Horizons - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Heileen 3: New Horizons - unlock The farmer - £0.10
  • Heileen 3: New Horizons - unlock Marie romance - £0.20
  • Heileen 3: New Horizons - unlock The abbess - £0.30
  • Obludia - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Pressured - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Star Ruler 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Elder Scrolls Online - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Undead Overlord - play for the first time - £0.10

I wonder when we'll get keys for Ghostship Aftermath from Groupees?

Looks like they updated the rewards from yesterday.  They added sky nations cheevs and a free to play game.  There might be more in there but these were what showed up as eligible for me:

Germaphobe! - play for the first time - £0.10

Sky Nations - unlock RIP in Pieces - £0.10

Sky Nations - unlock Friend? - £0.10

Maybe sneaking in rewards later is part of their new strategy?

Sky Nations - unlock RIP in Pieces - £0.10

Sky Nations - unlock Friend? - £0.10
Played SN for a long time yesterday, unlocked Friend? pretty early on, but I have no idea how. Description is: "Accidentally" killed 10 friendlies. Pretty sure I didn't kill anything, unless blocks of grass and dirt count as friendly.

RIP in Pieces is just dying 100 times, which can be accomplished by walking off the starting platform 100 times. Unfortunately, the game has a global death feed, making this quite spammy.

fwiw, Sky Nations is kinda fun. Never understood the allure of block crafters until now. Kinda confusing at the beginning though, so here's a quick start guide for anyone who actually wants to play:

1. You can't build anything on the spawn platform. Walk down the long ramp, select the Energy Well as your active item (press i to open your inventory). Then "place" the energy well somewhere on the platform and either stand next to it or right click on it. This will create your first ship, which will be nothing more than a floating wooden platform.
  2. PLACE THE ESCAPE DRIVE SOMEWHERE. WHEN YOU DIE, AND YOU WILL ACCIDENTALLY FALL OFF TRYING TO BUILD STUFF, THIS WILL RETURN YOUR SHIP TO YOU...via the Reclaim Device in your inventory. Right click on the Drive to set a reclaim code, upon death, plop the Reclaim Device on the ground, right click, type in your code and wait for your ship to return. Often, the ship will respawn in awkward places, so you might have to build yourself a bridge to get back to it.
  3. Place the Battered Thrusters somewhere near the aft.
  4. Place the Steering Wheel.
  5. Right click on the Steering Wheel and now you are flying! WASD control the thrusters, CTRL and ... uh, Space (i think) control your verticality.
  6. If you mess up, and you probably will, there is a RESET block at spawn. Right click it and your inventory will be reset, allowing you to start building a new ship.
  7. Go explore! Pillage the world! Add blocks to your ship! Place cannons backward so they shoot at yourself! Accidentally destroy your ship and get stranded somewhere because you forgot to keep a spare Energy Well and Thrusters in your inventory (yes, that's my current predicament).

Sky Nations addendum: It's very glitchy.  Spent an hour mining and gathering resources for Ship 2.0, only to have my Reclaim Machine not work when I fell off the map.  Then spent another hour trying to get another one to work, unsuccessfully.  Then I got stuck in a falling loop where, instead of respawning, I would get kicked off the server, only to have the process repeat itself when I rejoined.

Progress update:  38/100 deaths.  Don't think i'm going to get that second achievement, as frustration and anger are rising.

Available until Sunday 27 July, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• AR-K - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome Collector's Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Data Hacker: Initiation - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Face of Mankind - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Lantern Forge - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sokobond - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The Cameron Files: The Secret at Loch Ness - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Time of Fury - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Toxic Bunny HD - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Toxic Bunny HD - unlock Lure the hungry - £0.10

Anyone interested in playing Face of Mankind: We made it even worse (did you know that was possible?) edition, for the .10? I might give it a shot to see how bad it is now, depending on how much space it takes up.

Available until Monday 28 July, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Dark Horizons: Mechanized Corps - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Freedom Planet - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Freedom Planet - unlock Treasure Hunter - £0.10
  • Freedom Planet - unlock Motorcycle Finish - £0.10
  • Freedom Planet - unlock Secret Melody - £0.10
  • Freedom Planet - unlock Preemptive Strike I - £0.40
  • Halfway - play for the first time - £0.10
  • LogiGun - play for the first time - £0.10
  • My Ex-Boyfriend the Space Tyrant - play for the first time - £0.10
  • OlliOlli - play for the first time - £0.10
What a load of bollocks.

I thought they were putting more focus on games they sell? They don't sell Freedom Planet. Tools.

Is there an easy way to see what GMG has on sale?  I usually use "Hot Deals", but every once in awhile I'll get an email from IsThereAnyDeal with 75% off some random game not mentioned as being on sale on the store page.

Is there an easy way to see what GMG has on sale? I usually use "Hot Deals", but every once in awhile I'll get an email from IsThereAnyDeal with 75% off some random game not mentioned as being on sale on the store page.
You can go on ITAD and select GMG as the only store on the side tab (this would work for most price trackers I imagine). Otherwise I don't really know a good way since GMG is terrible at listing them all on their deals page, or even posting them on their blog.

Maybe they have WB/Batman sale today & rewards special?
They may.

Available until Monday 28 July, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - unlock Cryptic Investigator - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - unlock Just What The Doctors Ordered - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - unlock Rope-a-dope-a-dope - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - unlock Recurring Nightmare - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - unlock Bigger Bang - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - unlock Freeflow Perfection - £0.50
  • Batman: Arkham City - unlock Aggravated Assault - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham City - unlock Flawless Freeflow Fighter 2.0 - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham City - unlock Bomb Squad - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham City - unlock Fully Loaded - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham City - unlock Wrecking Ball - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham City - unlock Genius - £0.50
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Around the World - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Air Marathon - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Anyone see that? - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Tales of Gotham - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Let it Snow - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Legend of the Dark Knight - £0.50
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Arkham City Lockdown - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Groundbreaking - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Cosplay - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Holy Knockout Batman! - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock The Caped Crusader - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Mini-Master - £0.50
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock All In a Day's Work - £0.10
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock Assassin in Disguise - £0.10
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock Not Your Normal Batman - £0.10
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock Who's Laughing Now? - £0.10
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock The More You Know... - £0.10
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock Meet Bruce Wayne - £0.50

They may.

Question.

I have Arkham City and Arkham City GOTY, two separate entries in my library. Non-GOTY has achievements already, GOTY hasn't.

Which ones will Playfire track?

I can say with 99% certainty that they mean AC:GOTY since that's exactly what happened last time they did this. I remember quite clearly as I played the entire game and got every reward they were offering at the time.

Speaking of which, the rewards were way easier and paid way more last time.  :whistle2:

I can say with 99% certainty that they mean AC:GOTY since that's exactly what happened last time they did this. I remember quite clearly as I played the entire game and got every reward they were offering at the time.

Speaking of which, the rewards were way easier and paid way more last time. :whistle2:
Madjoki's site tells me that they're offering rewards for both non-GOTY and GOTY entries. This is... interesting.

You can go on ITAD and select GMG as the only store on the side tab (this would work for most price trackers I imagine). Otherwise I don't really know a good way since GMG is terrible at listing them all on their deals page, or even posting them on their blog.
Thanks. I never would have used that method. I was too set in my ways going straight to my presets.

Thanks for the link.

I was almost tempted to buy Arkham Origins since the rewards would offset some of the cost, but I just don't have the passion to play through the whole game this week.

They may.

• Batman: Arkham Asylum - unlock Cryptic Investigator - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - unlock Just What The Doctors Ordered - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - unlock Rope-a-dope-a-dope - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - unlock Recurring Nightmare - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - unlock Bigger Bang - £0.10
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum - unlock Freeflow Perfection - £0.50
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Around the World - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Air Marathon - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Anyone see that? - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Tales of Gotham - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Let it Snow - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Legend of the Dark Knight - £0.50
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Arkham City Lockdown - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Groundbreaking - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Cosplay - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Holy Knockout Batman! - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock The Caped Crusader - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Mini-Master - £0.50
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock All In a Day's Work - £0.10
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock Assassin in Disguise - £0.10
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock Not Your Normal Batman - £0.10
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock Who's Laughing Now? - £0.10
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock The More You Know... - £0.10
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock Meet Bruce Wayne - £0.50
Whoa. This is just like old times.

Wow. Scribblenauts Unmasked rewards are really easy to get.

• Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock All In a Day's Work - £0.10
Summon a Batmobile. Assign it the adjective dirty. Summon Alfred. 

• Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock Assassin in Disguise - £0.10
Complete Batman Vs. Ra's Al Ghul. 

• Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock Not Your Normal Batman - £0.10
Summon another Batman in Gotham. (the first level). I summoned Batman Beyond.

• Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock Who's Laughing Now? - £0.10
Finish the Batman Vs. Joker level (First level)

• Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock The More You Know... - £0.10
Use the Bat-puter to search a DC comics item/character.

• Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure - unlock Meet Bruce Wayne - £0.50
After you complete the first level, the map and the ability to teleport open up. At the bottom of this screen are purchasable origin stories for the main DC characters. As soon as you get 1500 Rep, buy the Batman one and complete it.

Save for the Batman Vs. Ra's Al Ghul reward, just about all of these can be picked up in about 10-15 minutes.

Available until Tuesday 29 July, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Adventurezator: When Pigs Fly - play for the first time - £0.10
  • DARK BLOOD ONLINE - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Dungeon Defenders Eternity - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Happy Wars - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Happy Wars - unlock The Beginning of a Quest - £0.10
  • Machines At War 3 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Micron - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Third Eye Crime - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Unrest - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Velvet Sundown - play for the first time - £0.10
Worst rewards ever