PC-Prey Collectors $14.99

At BB, if they still have them, they're $20, so with the unusally high for Newegg $5 shipping you may just want to drive down to your local BB and see if you can save yourself the wait.

Im glad Ive held out on this one. By the time I get around to buying it in a month or two, they'll be giving it away.

Sorry to be on the contrary, but I thought this game was one of the better releases last year. It also garnered very good critical acclaim, as well as commercial success.

So I don't know about it "tanking".

Anyway, $15 for what was originally a $60 release is a darn good deal. The CE includes the game soundtrack, FYI...

-Razorguts

[quote name='Razorguts']Anyway, $15 for what was originally a $60 release is a darn good deal. The CE includes the game soundtrack, FYI...

-Razorguts[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought it just had a making of DVD and the figurine with it. Is it an actual CD, or is it just like a promo code for directsong.com?

I have an extra sealed one I picked up during the Amazon Christmas sale incase anyone wants to trade for it. I played the demo and it was cool but made me a bit dizzy.

I *loved* the demo so I'll pick it up. The most fun straight FPS I've played in years from the demo.

[quote name='Skexis']Really? I thought it just had a making of DVD and the figurine with it. Is it an actual CD, or is it just like a promo code for directsong.com?[/quote]

I think it has two figurines; although I'm thinking their probably Monopoly sized. I'm a sucker for steel cases, so that alone is worth it for me :D

Despite the poor sales, the game was actually pretty damn good. I enjoyed it, but I am a sucker for FPS titles. Definitely worth $15, at any rate.

Not a bad price, although the shipping does hurt it. I got mine for $14.99 from Best Buy with a $5 off GGC. It's a decent game, although still fairly generic overall.

[quote name='Skexis']Really? I thought it just had a making of DVD and the figurine with it. Is it an actual CD, or is it just like a promo code for directsong.com?[/QUOTE]
Promo code for Directsong. 256k WMA PoS...I mean DRM files. After I saw that they had DRM I just canceled the download and started looking for a ripped version of it. If the DRM doesn't bug you though, it's not a bad deal.

[quote name='Skexis']Really? I thought it just had a making of DVD and the figurine with it. Is it an actual CD, or is it just like a promo code for directsong.com?[/quote]
As Edge stated already, yes, it's a voucher for DirectSong download. I'm not sure about the DRM...

And it does come with 2 figurines, I think they may vary from box to box...

[quote name='ender']Despite the poor sales, the game was actually pretty damn good. [/quote]
I was under the impression that sales weer quite good. Not just boxed retail, but through purchased downloads as well. And don't forgot about Prey's online distributor, Triton, going out of business shortly after game launch. But 3D Realms rectified the situation by sending each and every download customer a full retail-boxed copy...

Those types of developers are worth my dollars, for sure.

-Razorguts

[quote name='Edge']Not a bad price, although the shipping does hurt it. I got mine for $14.99 from Best Buy with a $5 off GGC. It's a decent game, although still fairly generic overall.

Promo code for Directsong. 256k WMA PoS...I mean DRM files. After I saw that they had DRM I just canceled the download and started looking for a ripped version of it. If the DRM doesn't bug you though, it's not a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

LOL! That's pretty bad-you're paying extra (well, originally) for a code for a worthless DRMed piece of garbage? No thanks.

bread's done
Back