PC Prince of Persia Warrior Within 15.99 @ CC Online

link

And unlike most circuit city online sales, this one actually was available (at least when I ordered it).

Saw it over on Anandtech and did a quick search here. Didn't see any posts for it but if I missed one, lock it down mods.

yea the PC version BLOWS... well, unless you have a decent controller with dual analog sticks.

Hitting button combos can't be harder....

how is this game? I still have the first one (sands of time?).. amazing game if you have a fast video card like the Gforce 6800 GT 256

for sands of time, you don't need uber graphic card. my mobility radeon 9700 can handle it like a piece of cake.

warrior within is pretty much the same requirement. My laptop handles it like a piece of cheese.

The content of the games are very different actually. The fighting has been "souped" up. It has combos and such now, but because of combination button presses... it makes the control on the keyboard a little counter-intuitive as you have to reach for two keys that can be far apart. You can always reprogram the keys, but just trust me... I tried and it didn't feel very natural. (I gave up and went for the cube version, btw)

The game worlds are almost opposite. SOT has nice, bright, vibrant, and happy feel to the environment/atmosphere. In WW, the worlds are dark, gritty, and sinister look. The music in the second one also blows.... wayyyy too heavy on the heavy metal music.

EDIT: the prince in SOT gives you an impression of a noble man. One who will bust out his sword and slice off bad guys' heads w/out blinking while he will stop to give charity to the beggars.

The prince in WW is a desperate man. Almost portrayed as a scum who curses and have a VERY thugish look.

Expect very different in the second game. :)

Got this in an email.

Up to 20% off select Vivendi Universal PC games. (web only)
Free shipping on $25+

Cheap Ass Link

Highlights:
$13.99 The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Developer's cut
$15.99 Starcraft Battle Chest
$15.99 Evil Genius
$15.99 Tribes: Vengeance
$16.99 Men of Valor

20% off all wireless controllers for consoles and PC.

Intec Star Wars: Jedi vs Sith controller 2-pack
$21.99 - PS2
$24.99 - Xbox

I don't know about PoP-WW but PP-SOT for the PC only supported one particular brand of controllers. As such, I had to play PP-SOT with the keyboard which wasn't terribly bad but I would have preferred a controller.

Hopefully, Ubi Soft didn't make any sweetheart deals with a particular controller vendor this time.

[quote name='radjago']Got this in an email.

Up to 20% off select Vivendi Universal PC games. (web only)
Free shipping on $25+

Cheap Ass Link

Highlights:
$13.99 The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Developer's cut
$15.99 Starcraft Battle Chest
$15.99 Evil Genius
$15.99 Tribes: Vengeance
$16.99 Men of Valor[/QUOTE]
What? How could you not list great game like
$15.99 Barbie™ Beauty Boutique
$15.99 Barbie™ of Swan Lake: The Enchanted Forest
$15.99 Barbie™ Horse Adventures: Mystery Ride
$16.99 Barbie™ Mermaid Adventure
:dunce:

[quote name='appleyum']What? How could you not list great game like
$15.99 Barbie™ Beauty Boutique
$15.99 Barbie™ of Swan Lake: The Enchanted Forest
$15.99 Barbie™ Horse Adventures: Mystery Ride
$16.99 Barbie™ Mermaid Adventure
:dunce:[/QUOTE]
I dunno. I just did it without really thinking. And come to think of it now, it was pretty easy.

bread's done
Back