[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

I definitely understand why there was hostility there and I did try to explain to borderland a few times the way he should be posting and that he isn't a reg so people don't really "know" him, but I think this is just the easiest solution overall.

I'm not going to be thread nazi or anything, but hopefully this'll keep things running smoothly so we can talk about the awesome games IG gives us :)
*cough*

4fEzqSr.jpg
goofy punches neuro dear! Wait he too goofy

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. To "NinjaSquirrel" means to give a thorough review that no one has the attention span to read.

Sure. To "GreenDay" means to adopt a female avatar in the interest of getting free games because chesticles.

I would have figured Sunasunning was to drink and eat burgers simultaneously.
that is acceptable, emailing webster now.

That Tacky song is catchy.
yeah, I like it, might use some of my amazon credit on it.

hello sir ,

thx you to buy indie gala goofy genie :pray: 20% go to save our pastas :dunce:

thx you to again paisan :shooting:

Borderland seems to elicit a negative reaction from some community members, but at the same time others (like myself and Bobbytastic) do the same sort of stuff (post about group buy stuff) without similar backlash. I don't really think that's fair since Borderland provides the same service so this solution allows every host to get equal exposure in the OP and avoids any more issues (hopefully).
MAYBE CAUSE YOU DON'T POST LIKE THIS!

Check his posting history, its all spamming the same deal page over and over. He's not a community member and might as well just be a shill for IG for all we know.

edit: apparently he's gone back and deleted his old posts.

So are we just turning every regular into a verb at this point?
I wonder what MysterD in a verb form means.

It just could mean so many things!

Probably could mean things like....

1. Doing Toaster-like things

2. Anything dealing w/ DRM

3 Buying Retail boxes

4. Writing essays, dissertations, and/or anything long-winded for posts on forums and/or reviews. ;)

5. To repeat your same old points over and over and over again on message boards.

6. See #5 again.

Did I miss anything? ;)

Not bad, the bundle it was in previously was very crappy so I assume most of us skipped it. Was never on tremor either.. so I don't have it.
I bought it since it was $1, Speedball 2 HD hadn't gone really cheap and it had Playfire rewards during the bundle period. Figured the weird music might help make it worth it. But at least I have a second copy for MP now.

Not bad, the bundle it was in previously was very crappy so I assume most of us skipped it. Was never on tremor either.. so I don't have it.
But why do you want it?

I bought it since it was $1, Speedball 2 HD hadn't gone really cheap and it had Playfire rewards during the bundle period. Figured the weird music might help make it worth it. But at least I have a second copy for MP now.
YtTFsx2.png

Nostalgia is a b**ch sometimes. You can play some old things, watch some old things and other re visits to stuff from before, and a lot of times its lost its luster. Some games are still fun as heck to play and those are what I consider the real classics. I still remember a few years ago local co-oping Zombies Ate My Neighbors....fun as heck! Most of the Sega games I played at the time were fun sans some old sports games (though my copy of NHL 95 or 96 was great fun still!). I still remember seeing old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DVD sets for like $1.50 or so at a local Walmart....I was like oh this is like close to 30 episodes for 3 bucks+tax! Well I watched about 6 episodes and wow it was pretty corny. Some parts were still fun, but yeah not the best! 

Basically this. I've grabbed Groupees music bundles and saw this as basically one of those with a couple of bonus games.

I wonder what MysterD in a verb form means.

It just could mean so many things!

Probably could mean things like....

1. Doing Toaster-like things

2. Anything dealing w/ DRM

3 Buying Retail boxes

4. Writing essays, dissertations, and/or anything long-winded for posts on forums and/or reviews. ;)

5. To repeat your same old points over and over and over again on message boards.

6. See #5 again.

Did I miss anything? ;)
I'm torn between #5 & #6.

MysterD

/ˈmistər-dee/

noun

A toaster created by Graystone Industries that has rebelled against its makers and only toasts gluten-free bread

verb, trans.

[My-ster-dees, My-ster-dee'ed, My-ster-dee-ing]

1 Buying physical copies of PC games; "I just MysterD'ed Two Worlds Epic Edition because I enjoy not having enough space for my useless install discs."

2 Writing long-winded reviews that nobody reads; "I'll be MysterDing Hatoful Boyfriend once I've finished it, just thought I'd warn you all."

verb, intrans.

1 The act of repeating oneself continuously as if to imply mild autism; "I MysterD'ed exactly what MysterD just said not two posts ago."

2 Posting rhetorical questions so one doesn't have to feel bad about getting hammered every night; "I'm so lonely, I think I'll just MysterD on the forums until ashes gets me shitfaced."

Origin: 

1982-84; from Old Latin ministerium, to preach about things nobody reads

2 Writing long-winded reviews that nobody reads; "I'll be MysterDing Hatoful Boyfriend once I've finished it, just thought I'd warn you all."
Imposter! He lacks the ability to notice or care about indie games.

On the other hand I Wagglesworthed the hell out of the Cat Lady and Lilly Child of GEOS on Steam reviews.

God Mode has its moments, but there aren't many of them. And there's a broken achievement (with the dev studio now de-funked), so no Steam 100% possible, although Astats' system accounts for that in its own scoring system.

Well at least it's playable I hate many times when bundles throw in multiplayer only game and expect bundle buyers to revive a dead or nearly dead online community. 

bread's done
Back