[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

Well shit. You're right. Thanks dude. Feel a little bit better about dumping $4 for it.
The Special Edition for Zeno Clash 2 includes:

‘The Art of ‘Zenozoik’ digital artbook
Zeno Clash 2 Original Soundtrack

(valued at a $1 by Humble Bundle)
Shhhhh, the MSRP is $10 for the upgrade. Lemme feel better about it. :p

Besides, it's in the $1-tier.

Couple first impressions of the new bundle.

[customspoiler='spoiler'd for wall'otextish and spoilers, obviously']

Blood Knight = cheesy Vampire third person action game with RPG elements.  Kinda felt like a PS1 era Legacy of Kain type of game.  Unfortunately it was released about 6 months ago.  Combat is okay, but hampered by a static camera which limits your maneuverability and can also cause issues on the stupid platforming sections (don't touch the water, vampires are allergic to water!).  Unfortunately, it only has local co-op, in single player you'll have the option to switch between the two playable characters.  Not the worst game ever, but it definitely feels like a mashup of a few dozen previous action-adventure games.

New Reckoning (Early Access) is a piece of crap.  While it "runs," it's barely playable and graphically looks like the original Half-Life.  I don't know, maybe it's a mod...  Game starts with you sitting on a bus being driven by nobody.  There are crosshairs, but you can't move.  Eventually, a giant spider walks up and starts...clipping through the bus.  Occasionally it will walk in front of the bus, allowing you to shoot it.  Then it falls off a bridge.  Somehow the bus flips over, you cutscene your way out of it and obtain the ability to control your own movement.  There are guns to pick up.  You pick them up.  Next, you'll walk along the bridge, because hey, there's an upside down burning bus blocking the other direction.  Oh look, there's the giant spider, hanging upside down somehow attached to the underside of the bridge.  And then, Invisible Walls!  Let's go the other way.  Maybe walk through the burning bus?  Why didn't I think of that earlier?  BECAUSE IT WAS A BURNING fuckING BUS THAT I JUST CRAWLED OUT OF!  Having solved that mystery, you get to walk along the road.  There are some bright yellow plus signs out on a frozen lake.  Then another giant spider appears.  This one shoots flaming mini spiders.  I shoot them.  Nothing really happens, or if it does, I can't tell because of the totally awesome flaming spiders that are filling up the screen.  Then they're gone.  Maybe I shot them?  Who knows, because suddenly they're back and everything is burning spiders.  That's where I quit.  Someone else will have to finish this review.

[/customspoiler]

edit: double spoilered because fuck CAG 3.0

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple first impressions of the new bundle.

[customspoiler='spoiler'd for wall'otextish and spoilers, obviously']

Blood Knight = cheesy Vampire third person action game with RPG elements. Kinda felt like a PS1 era Legacy of Kain type of game. Unfortunately it was released about 6 months ago. Combat is okay, but hampered by a static camera which limits your maneuverability and can also cause issues on the stupid platforming sections (don't touch the water, vampires are allergic to water!). Unfortunately, it only has local co-op, in single player you'll have the option to switch between the two playable characters. Not the worst game ever, but it definitely feels like a mashup of a few dozen previous action-adventure games.

New Reckoning (Early Access) is a piece of crap. While it "runs," it's barely playable and graphically looks like the original Half-Life. I don't know, maybe it's a mod... Game starts with you sitting on a bus being driven by nobody. There are crosshairs, but you can't move. Eventually, a giant spider walks up and starts...clipping through the bus. Occasionally it will walk in front of the bus, allowing you to shoot it. Then it falls off a bridge. Somehow the bus flips over, you cutscene your way out of it and obtain the ability to control your own movement. There are guns to pick up. You pick them up. Next, you'll walk along the bridge, because hey, there's an upside down burning bus blocking the other direction. Oh look, there's the giant spider, hanging upside down somehow attached to the underside of the bridge. And then, Invisible Walls! Let's go the other way. Maybe walk through the burning bus? Why didn't I think of that earlier? BECAUSE IT WAS A BURNING fuckING BUS THAT I JUST CRAWLED OUT OF! Having solved that mystery, you get to walk along the road. There are some bright yellow plus signs out on a frozen lake. Then another giant spider appears. This one shoots flaming mini spiders. I shoot them. Nothing really happens, or if it does, I can't tell because of the totally awesome flaming spiders that are filling up the screen. Then they're gone. Maybe I shot them? Who knows, because suddenly they're back and everything is burning spiders. That's where I quit. Someone else will have to finish this review.

[/customspoiler]

edit: double spoilered because fuck CAG 3.0

Good god, man. You could not have made me want it more.
A New Reckoning is an Action-Horror FPS using the Unreal 4 Engine to deliver a true Next-Gen Zombie Experience!

Things aren't looking good for the Unreal 4 Engine. Between this and Daylight, either the engine sucks, or people don't know how to use it.

Oh, by the way, Cheaplikeafox...New Reckoning has a Zombie Horde mode.  Just tried it out, it's somewhat better than the campaign I had previously reviewed because instead of burning spiders the screen is now filled with burning zombies.

There's also non-functional multiplayer, that might be coming IN THIS 100 MEGABYTE UPDATE I JUST DOWNLOADED OMG IT'S HAPPENING

I should add that my day began with playing Air Control.  Yet here I am discussing New Reckoning...

edit: hadn't read that description...perhaps the spiders were zombie spiders.

A New Reckoning is an Action-Horror FPS using the Unreal 4 Engine to deliver a true Next-Gen Zombie Experience!

Things aren't looking good for the Unreal 4 Engine. Between this and Daylight, either the engine sucks, or people don't know how to use it.
Nah, as always, the engine is just a tool. Some people just don't know how to use their tools. You can download UE4 and play around with stock assets and it's just fine. It's very affordable to indie developers now, so I'm sure it'll be less and less associated with just the big money AAA developers.

Oh, by the way, Cheaplikeafox...New Reckoning has a Zombie Horde mode. Just tried it out, it's somewhat better than the campaign I had previously reviewed because instead of burning spiders the screen is now filled with burning zombies.

There's also non-functional multiplayer, that might be coming IN THIS 100 MEGABYTE UPDATE I JUST DOWNLOADED OMG IT'S HAPPENING

I should add that my day began with playing Air Control. Yet here I am discussing New Reckoning...

edit: hadn't read that description...perhaps the spiders were zombie spiders.
Sounds awesome! I've got my gametime this week dedicated to Infestation, Outlast and some co-op with spiderboy, but next week I have something to do!

I've actually heard a ton of good things about Unreal 4, from it being made far more intuitive to use than 3, as well as way cheaper (no doubt to try and gain back some of the marketshare Unity has taken) and offering a lot in the way of making it a far better engine to develop on than its predecessor. I think at this point people are just inexperienced with it and/or inexperienced as game developers in general, and it will just take more time before we start seeing games take advantage of all it offers.

ah christ, did IG just start this account linking crap? like, i understand Humble doing this, but isn't IG supposed to be the shady, bootleg, Italian version?

edit - heh, after activating your game, they then ask you to join the IG steam group. garbage...

ah christ, did IG just start this account linking crap? like, i understand Humble doing this, but isn't IG supposed to be the shady, bootleg, Italian version?

edit - heh, after activating your game, they then ask you to join the IG steam group. garbage...
They started out last week I think.

From IndieGala and GhostShark: Blockstorm now available for pre-order @ https://shop.playblockstorm.com

Pre-order sale $9.99 until June 1st before price raises to $14.99

Pre-order includes: 1x Copy of Blockstorm Early access Steam key, Blockstorm OST ( mp3 & FLAC ) ERD: end of June 2014, Blockstorm silver Forum badge

Blockstorm Teaser Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb873TZQ-Fw

Blockstorm Site - http://www.playblockstorm.com

Blockstorm Wiki - http://www.playblockstorm.com/wiki

From IndieGala and GhostShark: Blockstorm now available for pre-order @ https://shop.playblockstorm.com

Pre-order sale $9.99 until June 1st before price raises to $14.99

Pre-order includes: 1x Copy of Blockstorm Early access Steam key, Blockstorm OST ( mp3 & FLAC ) ERD: end of June 2014, Blockstorm silver Forum badge

Blockstorm Teaser Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb873TZQ-Fw

Blockstorm Site - http://www.playblockstorm.com

Blockstorm Wiki - http://www.playblockstorm.com/wiki
Oh yeah, they released this. I'd be lying if I didn't say I am seriously thinking about buying it. We've earned waiting until bundle because of how much of the happy hour money I put towards this "charity" and it will be bundled eventually, the question I guess will be when and how. Not that I think anyone will be missing anything in the mean time since this looks like Guncraft and Ace of Spades.

Someone on my Steam feed posted that Indie Gala are getting all Garry's Incident and banning people on their forums who have anything negative to say about their highly original game.

Someone on my Steam feed posted that Indie Gala are getting all Garry's Incident and banning people on their forums who have anything negative to say about their highly original game.
How appropriate.

Maybe their game will show up in Indie Gala Monday 19?

How appropriate.

Maybe their game will show up in Indie Gala Monday 19?
That's kind of the dumbass thing about a bundle group making a game. Who the hell in their right mind would buy it outside of a bundle?

Plus we already know how desperate they are with the happy hour and all the other shenanigans they do to squeeze out extra sales. They are like the digital version of some salesman that can't stand to have you walk out the door without buying anything so tries to cut a bunch of crazy deals the closer you get to leaving.

Whoever bundles Suicide Guy shall be declared worst bundle site evar.
Actually, I'm gonna guess that Suicide Guy will probably get "left out" of more mainstream bundles. But hell, what do I know? I still believe most of these bundle sites might yet have a shred of dignity in 'em.

It'll probably be Royale

I've been sassing IndieGala about their voxel charity on any site I use that they promote their game on. On steam I was banned from the forums for literally just saying "I'd have the 9.99 to buy this game if I hadn't given it all to your voxel charity..."

I posted the same thing on their facebook page and this was the response I got: 

""Hi [Steampunkwillie], we'll unlock a game key soon for all the galaprojectX contributors over a certain treshold. Stay tuned."

That was me, I should have known that once you saw that you would have passed it to CAG for me.

Only one I don't have is Abyss.. pass.
I want Abyss so hitting it up for a dollar.

What else was it in? I saw something about a Stack social bundle but I don't think they gave Steam keys did they?

Edit: Oh and Fox I thought you said you never gave to Indie Gala 'charity'.

151023174.t4tm5pbU.jpg

I want Abyss so hitting it up for a dollar.

What else was it in? I saw something about a Stack social bundle but I don't think they gave Steam keys did they?
It was in one of the IG Monday bundles. I think it was the one that was $3.50 so no one grabbed it.

I'll have to pass on a bundle of all repeats plus Abyss, even if I do want Abyss.

Only missing Abyss (which I want) and Strategic. Strategic has cards, so it makes the tiny 2-game bundle (for me) look a little more attractive.  

I hope Gala isn't going to do the give Block storm free to people who gave x amount to their 'charity' going forward because people might start 100%ing to IG charity to get a free Steam key and that would screw the developers over.

I hope Gala isn't going to do the give Block storm free to people who gave x amount to their 'charity' going forward because people might start 100%ing to IG charity to get a free Steam key and that would screw the developers over.
Getting 5 or so cents per bundle sold is already screwing them over quite a bit.

I was looking at their site and I don't think charity is even an option any more. The sliders are gone and they no longer list the top charity gifters.

$10 or more.

https://twitter.com/IndieGala/status/472499126480146432

bread's done
Back