[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

If anyone has an extra slot for the new Monday one please put me down. Might be slow to respond but I'm good for it. Been using my phone for internet for the last month and they have slowed down my data. Good thing is my new internet gets hooked up this weekend so my sacrifice will be over soon.

how does gifting work? i want to buy the bundle thats up now, one for me and one for my niece, but dont know how to do that. Should i click the gift tab and just donate 3.80 to get 2 gifts and send one to me and one to her? I dont see it explained anywhere. Will that give me 2 gift codes?

Or is it better to just buy one for me, then buy a second one seperate as a gift? can someone explain how this works? gotta pull the trigger soon for the first 24 hour sale

how does gifting work? i want to buy the bundle thats up now, one for me and one for my niece, but dont know how to do that. Should i click the gift tab and just donate 3.80 to get 2 gifts and send one to me and one to her? I dont see it explained anywhere. Will that give me 2 gift codes?

Or is it better to just buy one for me, then buy a second one seperate as a gift? can someone explain how this works? gotta pull the trigger soon for the first 24 hour sale
Assuming you're logged in to your IG account:

Scroll down to the payment area and check the "Yes. Buy a gift" checkbox in the gift section. Then click the link that says something like "Check out our gift packs".
That will open an area that shows you the prices you have to beat (ie: pay 1c more than) to get a certain number of gift bundles. Currently, for the Monday bundle, paying $3.71 should get you two bundles.
Once you have that value, you have to look up to the price slider, click the "Custom $" button, and enter the value in the box (you may have to type the number, since pasting doesn't always work in that box.)
Once again, make sure the "Yes. Buy a gift" checkbox is checked.

Now once you've paid, you should have two gift links show up on your profile. You can then enter your niece's email and it'll send her a link to that gift bundle.

If you're just buying two bundles, you probably should just buy one for yourself, and a second non-gift one for her (I'm fairly sure that if you buy one using her email - without ticking the gift box - will attach a regular bundle to her IG account.)

Assuming you're logged in to your IG account:

Scroll down to the payment area and check the "Yes. Buy a gift" checkbox in the gift section. Then click the link that says something like "Check out our gift packs".
That will open an area that shows you the prices you have to beat (ie: pay 1c more than) to get a certain number of gift bundles. Currently, for the Monday bundle, paying $3.71 should get you two bundles.
Once you have that value, you have to look up to the price slider, click the "Custom $" button, and enter the value in the box (you may have to type the number, since pasting doesn't always work in that box.)
Once again, make sure the "Yes. Buy a gift" checkbox is checked.

Now once you've paid, you should have two gift links show up on your profile. You can then enter your niece's email and it'll send her a link to that gift bundle.

If you're just buying two bundles, you probably should just buy one for yourself, and a second non-gift one for her (I'm fairly sure that if you buy one using her email - without ticking the gift box - will attach a regular bundle to her IG account.)
thanks. So i should just do one for me and one as a gift for her? That was my concern, was if i would get the gift for me and gift for her without an issue

I have several Indie Gala Monday #37 bundles if anyone is still looking to pick one up. Flat rate price ($1.61). PayPal preferred. PM me if you'd like one. I'll edit this post when I'm out... and I'm out of bundles. 

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks. So i should just do one for me and one as a gift for her? That was my concern, was if i would get the gift for me and gift for her without an issue
There's no problem getting a gift for yourself, but I'd suggest against it: it's neater to have a non-gift bundle on your account rather than a gift version.

As before, I'd suggest either taking part in a group buy here (if possible) or buying a non-gift bundle for yourself and a non-gift bundle for your niece (using her email address on the bundle page rather than your own.)

Thanks to Detruire for helping me getting Friday bundle.  I spent the better half of the afternoon playing Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller.  I have played the first two episodes earlier this year.  Now this bundle neatly (and cheaply) gives me the last two episodes of this adventure games.  

For the 3 episodes I played, Cognition has proven itself to be an excellent adventure game.  It reminded me of the old Gabriel Knight games.  Good voice over, art is very good and the puzzles are mostly natural and logical, fitting the flow of the story.  I hate adventure games that have puzzles that are out of place (rubber duck, anyone?).

It is worth getting the bundle just for the game (it contains the whole season i.e. all 4 episodes).

Nice price on "The Slaughtering Grounds"....

nPFoz2o.png

Thanks to Detruire for helping me getting Friday bundle. I spent the better half of the afternoon playing Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller. I have played the first two episodes earlier this year. Now this bundle neatly (and cheaply) gives me the last two episodes of this adventure games.

For the 3 episodes I played, Cognition has proven itself to be an excellent adventure game. It reminded me of the old Gabriel Knight games. Good voice over, art is very good and the puzzles are mostly natural and logical, fitting the flow of the story. I hate adventure games that have puzzles that are out of place (rubber duck, anyone?).

It is worth getting the bundle just for the game (it contains the whole season i.e. all 4 episodes).
Yeah, I have played Cognition Ep 1 + 2 - that was really good.

I need Ep 3 + 4.

December Kiss Bundle

Spend money. Support Kiss. Get awesome repeats.

Kiss Bundle ($1.89 Before price increases)

Speed Kills
Pixel Puzzles: Japan
Pixel Puzzles: UndeadZ
Robowars
Blackbay Asylum
Platypus II
Nux

All repeats for me except Robowars, which looks pretty cool.

Just a heads up, if you like Pixel Puzzles: Japan (or just jigsaw puzzles in general), UndeadZ is a completely different game.  While you're building the puzzle, you also have to play a tower defense/top down shooter against the zombies at the bottom of the screen.  I wasn't able to finish a single puzzle.  Granted, I didn't try for very long, but considering I have 100% achievements in Japan, you'd think I'd have been able to finish at least one puzzle in UndeadZ.

Just a heads up, if you like Pixel Puzzles: Japan (or just jigsaw puzzles in general), UndeadZ is a completely different game. While you're building the puzzle, you also have to play a tower defense/top down shooter against the zombies at the bottom of the screen. I wasn't able to finish a single puzzle. Granted, I didn't try for very long, but considering I have 100% achievements in Japan, you'd think I'd have been able to finish at least one puzzle in UndeadZ.
I only plaYed for five or ten minutes but wasn't able to finish a puzzle either. The td part distracts alot from the completing puzzles part.

You can turn off the zombie TD part, by the way.  I think there's a couple buttons on the left hand side, or it could be in options.  Still counts as game progression I think.

New Paradoxical Bundle. I think this is the most bundles Gala has ever had running at one time...

Oh yeah, all repeats too, I think. I was really hoping for a Friday bundle too. :S

Thus GnZ is my only repeat for this bundle - sold!

I've gotten lucky with Gala recently, coming through with fairly low repeat (for me) bundles.

All right, I want that card game.  I'll host a group buy if I get 4 interested.  PM me, please.

1. me

2. warreni

3. Modest Package

4. inm8num2

5. Malkan

Hosting an Indie Gala Monday group buy, $1.61 gifted PayPal each per person. Four slots available.

All slots taken.

screw it    i miss the old days when people go who wants to do a group buy and they  BUY THEM.  3 times tonight  they go who wants to do a group buy and was in 3 groups  never to hear a thing back from the buyers. Then when you pm them  they go   O  ALL THE SLOTS ARE FILLED instead of getting back to you even though you pm them hours ago.

i just buy it myself in the morning its not worth even messing around with groups anymore

fox not takling about you cause i think i forgot to pm you  even though i quoted here but whatever.

but had 3 other groups do this to me today

if anyone wants  all of the games besides  NORTHMARK  pm me cause that is the only game im keeping rest im tossing on the trades 

Slots filled.

Edit:

screw it i miss the old days when people go who wants to do a group buy and they BUY THEM. 3 times tonight they go who wants to do a group buy and was in 3 groups never to hear a thing back from the buyers. Then when you pm them they go O ALL THE SLOTS ARE FILLED instead of getting back to you even though you pm them hours ago.

i just buy it myself in the morning its not worth even messing around with groups anymore

fox not takling about you cause i think i forgot to pm you even though i quoted here but whatever.

but had 3 other groups do this to me today

if anyone wants all of the games besides NORTHMARK pm me cause that is the only game im keeping rest im tossing on the trades
I would've bought it immediately if I had the cash handy. But I didn't at the time. And I didn't want to risk getting burned by someone backing out on me.

I would've bought it immediately if I had the cash handy. But I didn't at the time. And I didn't want to risk getting burned by someone backing out on me.
Exactly this. Ending up with an extra bundle means you spent almost double on your own bundle instead of saving 20 cents or so.

bread's done
Back