[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

*Edit: So they added the game back to Desura, probably due to complaints they got from the catch 22 they made by yanking it. Now you can again go to the Desura collection and grab the ECUS key(s) they want and write to support @ eversim.com to request a Steam key.

Race for the White House that was in Indie Gala Monday bundle 10 and promised Steam keys has been removed from Desura. You can no longer generate an Eversim Key which means you can no longer play the game at all from Desura (that key is required) if you didn't previously generate that key and Eversim support will not give you a Steam key if you write to them unless you provide an Eversim key (a catch 22 they purposely created earlier today likely because they don't want to give any more keys out).

Someone on the Race for the White House Steam forum said Indie Gala support told him they "don't know anything yet about this game", never mind that it was released 10 days ago and they promised Steam keys when released.

TL;DR - If you bought IG Monday #10 you lost access to Race for the White House. Write support @ indiegala.com and complain they need to give you a Steam key.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reported to Playfire, CAG and The Avengers!

giphy.gif

Really? That shit freaks me out and I'm an adult. You must have a hardcore kid.
She said she likes it. Thinking about it though, I don't know if she's actually played it. I've never heard her screaming suddenly in her room.

She's either hardcore, or a future CAG backlogger.

Consider me unrefined then.

Actually I bought it for my daughter cos she really liked the first Five Nights at Freddy's.
Not like I blame you, really. I was thinking to get it, and I own 3 of the games already.

Somebody randomly gifted me FNAF2 over xmas, so the main draw of the bundle is moot, for me. The only other one I really have interest in is Quest for Infamy, as I liked and played all the Quest for Glory back in the day. But, I already got that one from Groupees.

I just needed that extra bit of logic tossed at me that the remaining 2 weren't worth it, at this point.

I normally buy the indie gala bundles.  However, I skip once here and there.  This is one of those times;

5 games total (low count)

1 game bundle multiple times and I have multiple copies ; 1 quest

1 game that requires Oculus Rift (would be cool IF I owned the Rift but alas no)

1 game that was bundled by groupees prior - quest for infamy

1 EA game (some like some don't) that does not have enough reviews yet (looks meh at this point)

5 nights at freddy's 2 

only 1 or 2 (if counting the EA game) for me = skip as I know that 5 nights will be bundled again 

would have reconsidered if 1 to 2 different games that were more interesting (even if EA)

Race for the White House that was in Indie Gala Monday bundle 10 and promised Steam keys has been removed from Desura. You can no longer generate an Eversim Key which means you can no longer play the game at all from Desura (that key is required) if you didn't previously generate that key and Eversim support will not give you a Steam key if you write to them unless you provide an Eversim key (a catch 22 they purposely created earlier today likely because they don't want to give any more keys out).

Someone on the Race for the White House Steam forum said Indie Gala support told him they "don't know anything yet about this game", never mind that it was released 10 days ago and they promised Steam keys when released.

TL;DR - If you bought IG Monday #10 you lost access to Race for the White House. Write support @ indiegala.com and complain they need to give you a Steam key.
Got my Steam key from the devs this morning. The game has no trading cards though, dogdarnit.

Just to clarify, Mindriot grabbed that Eversim/ECUS key, the one Eversim demands or won't give you a Steam key, while you could still get it on Desura before they yanked it yesterday.

Through executive order, president Ohama has brought The Race for the White House back to desura.  You can grab your ECUS keys again.

Crossposting from new Steam thread for those unaware:

Strategic Storm Bundle - $1.89 for 2 bundles (for the first 24 hours)

• 1953: Nato vs Warsaw Pact
  • Cubesis
  • The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss
  • Legions of Ashworld
  • Storm Over the Pacific
  • Strategic War in Europe
  • World War 2: Time of Wrath
I must be missing something... I only have Storm Over the Pacific on my Steam account, and I didn't find any of the others in my Groupees/BS accounts.

Even at such a high discount... noop. I'll wait till these are bonuses in half-decent groupees bundles.

Also, Fall Weis is one of those titles whose dev was a stink butt and made the card drops take two lifetimes.

Even at such a high discount... noop. I'll wait till these are bonuses in half-decent groupees bundles.

Also, Fall Weis is one of those titles whose dev was a stink butt and made the card drops take two lifetimes.
I see you mentioning waiting for Groupees bundles, but never Gala, Humble, etc.

I think Waggles secretly works for Groupees!

I bit on this mostly for nostalgia. That Legions of Ashworld game looks a lot like an updated version of the old Lords of Midnight game which I loved as a kid, plus I'll play one of those WW2 tactical wargames ... eventually.

Plus sold the extra bundle to half the cost.

Plus some cardz. 

I especially love the Facebook integration. Yes, let's post so your grandma and your cousin and your boss and your rabbi and the dog down the street that has a Facebook account can all see that this fake presidential candidate you made in some obscure game has a fake campaign poster he wants to tell them about.

I am sure they will all appreciate that among their Farmville turnip requests and pictures of what their friends are eating for lunch.

I especially love the Facebook integration. Yes, let's post so your grandma and your cousin and your boss and your rabbi and the dog down the street that has a Facebook account can all see that this fake presidential candidate you made in some obscure game has a fake campaign poster he wants to tell them about.

I am sure they will all appreciate that among their Farmville turnip requests and pictures of what their friends are eating for lunch.
So are you saying that you are *not* voting for Hitler? or are you still on the fence?

(waiting on Steam key from NeverSim...)

Sure, but those cards really payed out. At one time.

Has anyone contacted gala support before?  Just wondering how fast they are at responding...I get the feeling it'll be slow and painful.

Like everything else from them. it's totally random. It could be right away, after a day, a week or never.

The last two times I contacted them it was never.

I'm looking to get into a group for Friday Special #9 if anyone is hosting one.  Please let me know.

Got in one.  Thanks Detruire!

bread's done
Back