[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

IG gets worse and worse.  They encouraged mass bundle buying and reselling with their silly happy hour system and now they're trying to restrict it?  Why not just cut out this game and just price the bundles fairly from the start?  

They do this happy hour BS to inflate their sales numbers because most of their bundles are never worth the $5 they ask for.  Set the price to $2 or less each time and cut out the games.  

IG gets worse and worse. They encouraged mass bundle buying and reselling with their silly happy hour system and now they're trying to restrict it? Why not just cut out this game and just price the bundles fairly from the start?

They do this happy hour BS to inflate their sales numbers because most of their bundles are never worth the $5 they ask for. Set the price to $2 or less each time and cut out the games.
So basically, do what Bundle Stars does. I think they're the only bundle site left that uses zero gimmicks.

IG gets worse and worse. They encouraged mass bundle buying and reselling with their silly happy hour system and now they're trying to restrict it? Why not just cut out this game and just price the bundles fairly from the start?

They do this happy hour BS to inflate their sales numbers because most of their bundles are never worth the $5 they ask for. Set the price to $2 or less each time and cut out the games.
Just like Humble! :rimshot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just over 48 hours since my last non-blocked purchase, I was able to buy a 20 pack of the Friday Special bundle.

I'll reply to the PMs I've had about the bundle, but for anyone else who's interested in a Friday bundle: PM me.

So basically, do what Bundle Stars does. I think they're the only bundle site left that uses zero gimmicks.
Except for the occasional "special price for 24 hours" thing. To be fair though, that 24 hours price is usually pretty good (unlike IG's).

Edit: By the way, if there's an IG Monday tomorrow that comes with Aviator - Bush Pilot, I'd love to buy a copy off of someone.

Indiegala every monday didn't supposed to have happy hours?

I'm worried that I shoud have bought the current one when it was cheaper...

Yeah, they usually don't run happy hours on Every Monday bundles.
I don't think they ever have. Only times I can think of where it's been cheaper than the first 24 hour period were a couple promotions they did during the holidays where it went down to $1 for a day.

Cool cat here lookin for Happy Hour Humpin Action
6IhnOeH.gif

Does anyone still happen to have a copy of the current Monday bundle?

Thanks in advance!

New monday bundle is up. Only 1 game isn't a repeat.

Ostrich Island

BiT Evolution

SickBrick

GunWorld

Aviator Bush Pilot

Cahors Sunset

Chaos Ride

I only own one in the bundle (Gunworld) and don't want 2 of the bundle (Chaos Ride, Flying game). Is there anyone's opinions on the rest particularly the bit game Ostrich Island?

I only own one in the bundle (Gunworld) and don't want 2 of the bundle (Chaos Ride, Flying game). Is there anyone's opinions on the rest particularly the bit game Ostrich Island?
Bit Evolution is still in early access, I think only 1 or 2 worlds are completed so I don't think there's much content currently. I liked the alternate dimension aspect of the game. The game forces you to constantly switch between two completely different dimensions to collect the little pixels/points/coins/whatever they're called, so it makes the gameplay a bit different than your typical platformer. Personally I'd suggest playing Life of Pixel instead because it has a similar concept and it's a complete game.

Ostrich Island is just.. silly. It's the type of game you play with a friend for shits and giggles (yes, it has online co-op). The gameplay isn't great, but I think it's worth a playthrough to see how ridiculous it is.

The only game I'm missing is Aviator btw, I'd be interested in that

I'm interested in the flying game (Aviator) if you end up buying the pack and want to split it.

The only game I'm missing is Aviator btw, CHEAP SPODER EDIT: I'd be interested in that
You don't get to edit your post from "I'm implying that you should give me the game for free" to "I'd be interested in buying it because Blade said he would buy it."

Jerk.

You don't get to edit your post from "I'm implying that you should give me the game for free" to "I'd be interested in buying it because Blade said he would buy it."

Jerk.
I think you're hallucinating again, just like you did during TWD season finale.

*ahem* I believe I was first.

Except for the occasional "special price for 24 hours" thing. To be fair though, that 24 hours price is usually pretty good (unlike IG's).

By the way, if there's an IG Monday tomorrow that comes with Aviator - Bush Pilot, I'd love to buy a copy off of someone.

I only had two of the games, so it's a decent bundle for me.

Also... most annoying thing ever?

[attachment=13336:annoying.jpg]

Yeah, this is a pretty good Monday if you're missing most of the repeats. 7 games for $1.89 (or $1.66 in a group buy) isn't bad, and all the games besides Aviator (and Chaos Ride, going by Steam review) aren't half-bad either.

How is nobody hosting?
How dare anyone not put out their own money and then have to deal with the hassle of someone possibly not paying so some person they don't really know on the internet can save fifty cents. How DARE they!
(Also, Hump Day bundle was really meh. There might not be anyone who actually paid full price the first week)

I was hosting, and I got a bundle for everyone who PM'd me in advance and on the first day, I even had 5 leftover bundles 24 hours later that I had to sell elsewhere. Past that, I didn't think there was any demand for me to buy a second batch (which I would have had to wait for IG to give me the bundles I'd end up missing).

If you want a bundle, you seriously have to either PM the hoster in advance or contact them the day of. After that point, you're on your own. Otherwise, the hoster risks buying a ton of bundles they can't sell and is ultimately out money.

This of course doesn't apply to bulk resellers, who you can find the cesspool if you'd rather do that.

People did host, this is the 2nd happy hour. Might be harder to find this time around since gala's cracking down on buying too many bundles.
Also, this. I never really buy enough 20-packs to have this affect me much (since I specifically buy only for the CAG community), but expect this to limit the supply people like Mr. Rainbow and others bulk resellers will have.

Unless they buy day 1 on multiple accounts, which is also possible (but will raise HH prices, I imagine).

I was hosting, and I got a bundle for everyone who PM'd me in advance and on the first day, I even had 5 leftover bundles 24 hours later that I had to sell elsewhere. Past that, I didn't think there was any demand for me to buy a second batch (which I would have had to wait for IG to give me the bundles I'd end up missing).

If you want a bundle, you seriously have to either PM the hoster in advance or contact them the day of. After that point, you're on your own. Otherwise, the hoster risks buying a ton of bundles they can't sell and is ultimately out money.

This of course doesn't apply to bulk resellers, who you can find the cesspool if you'd rather do that.
I did contact you though, the day of the 1st HH.

I messaged you on Steam, and you just never responded.

bread's done
Back