PC USB Headset

Nico0020

CAGiversary!
Feedback
42 (98%)
With my moving to Japan next month I need to get myself a good PC headset. This would be use for skype and play Team Fortress 2 on my laptop. I don't know anything about quality headsets for PC, although I think I remember reading if you get a USB one it works as a 2nd sound device.

Also, is it very complicated to make voice only go through the speakers on the headset while the normal sound comes through the speakers on my laptop? It's not that big of a deal, but when playing a game I'd rather just hear someones voice directly in my ear than all the sound effects of shooting and such. I am not looking to spend a fortune, and don't need something too bulky so I can fit it in my suitcase. Clarity is of course also important since i'll be using it to skype with my family back in the states.

Suggestions on any specific heasets/where to buy?

I picked up the Logitech G330 not too long ago and I've been really impressed by them. They're the most comfortable behind the head headset I've ever worn, the microphone works great, and I often think my speakers are on because the sound is very good. I'd highly recommend them.

[quote name='Bandito']I picked up the Logitech G330 not too long ago and I've been really impressed by them. They're the most comfortable behind the head headset I've ever worn, the microphone works great, and I often think my speakers are on because the sound is very good. I'd highly recommend them.[/QUOTE]
Agreed on this. I recently got a set of those myself and found myself quite surprised by how good the quality actually was. I would definitely recommend them.

[quote name='YodaEXE']Agreed on this. I recently got a set of those myself and found myself quite surprised by how good the quality actually was. I would definitely recommend them.[/QUOTE]

I'll third that! I picked up a pair for both my brother and me and neither of us have any complaints. We've used the G330 on both Mac and PC without any issues. Quality is great and they don't block outside noise so I can use my desktop speakers while using the G330 mic if I so choose.

Have a safe trip!

bread's done
Back